It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants hang 8 yr old boy in Helmand Province

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

An 8 year-old boy was hanged by militants in Afghanistan's Helmand province after the boy's father -- a police officer in the southern city of Gereshk -- refused to comply with militants' demands to provide them with a police vehicle, officials said.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the hanging, saying "this action is not permitted in any culture or any religions," according to a statement Sunday, which provided details of the incident.
Karzai said he has ordered local authorities to root out the militants and arrest them "as soon as possible."
The boy was kidnapped Friday. It was unclear when he was killed.

Not long ago I was asked the difference between a warrior and a terrorist. "Labeling someone a Terrorist depends on whos side your on". Their "point" was what we think of as a terrorist is thought of as a warrior on the other side. Here is the real difference. A warrior will lay his life down in a heart beat to protect the lives of those in his community or country. A terrorist kills an 8 year old in his.

And people wonder why we fight.

But, this being ATS, I seriously doubt anyone will bat an eye. Of course, if the headline was, "US Forces kill 8 year old boy", every clueless chucklehead would chime in with their worthless two cents.
edit on Fri Jul 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Dont be quick to judge.

That's a terrible thing to do, killing an 8 year old boy, who had no possible way to defend himself at all, because of someones beliefs on a matter? Anti-Taliban? So what? W

Why must people be so stupid, it honestly does not compute with me. How can people do these kinds of things?

Leaves me dumbstruck sometimes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Did you notice how CNN calls them "militants" and refuses to call them "terrorists"?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Awful story just absolutely sick,I know cultures differ and war is war, and you will do whatever it takes to survive and help your side win,but to murder an eight year old child is just plain insanity.May they rot in the deepest, most horrific part of hell.

Great definition of a what a warrior is,as compared to a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What kind of insecure, desperate coward hangs an 8 year old boy? Seriously.

I'm starting to think that a corrupt culture can generate consensual insanity. Most people call that a "cult", which I guess you could call these scum/militants/terrorists who murdered this boy.

But the term "cult" somehow has been associated with groups that follow 1 manipulative leader. These guys aren't following a single leader, they seem to, as a group, be making up the craziness as they go along.

Therefore, I want to come up with a term that encapsulates the concept of "consensual insanity" - a group of people who delude each other into performing acts against humans most people (even violent people) would view as cowardly and beneath any possible form of justification.

In Apocalypse Now, Colonel Kurtz called it "genius", the ability to look past the horror of an action, and see it purely for the psycho/sociological results it produced for the person committing the violence. But as the CIA saw it...

General Corman: He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding troops.

Civilian: Terminate with extreme prejudice.

Whatever it is, it ain't genius. It ain't stupidity. It's....something else.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
But, this being ATS, I seriously doubt anyone will bat an eye. Of course, if the headline was, "US Forces kill 8 year old boy", every clueless chucklehead would chime in with their worthless two cents.

So if we condemn the killing of an 8 year old by easterners then we're good people but if we're pissed when our tax dollars have paid for the deployment of people doing the same thing we're "clueless chucklehead(s)".

Get real.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Makes me sick to think this kid was murdered because his dad wouldnt give them a poxy car.

I hope they catch these vile excuses for human beings! You have got to be some sick messed up kind of person to do such a thing

The longtime bodyguard caught my attention...how bizarre?

I hope the justice system over there is a little harsher on these people given their crime

edit on 26-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

idd there are some #ed up people in this world who just do insane stuff, it cant be helpd there are always nutjobs in every country.

Whats the difference between warrior and USA army? one is given medals for bombing a village/country full of innocent people to get a few terrorist. A warrior will look you in the eyes before taking your life instead of sitting in his house controlling a plane. A warrior will lay his life down in a heartbeat to protect his country and family. And the other will start wars to gain money at the cost of innocent lives, even his fellow countrymen.

the reason we are there is not to save lives...we are saving alot of lives in other places right? infact who gave them the money, weapons and training? we are so fast to push all blame on them.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

I believe you make some valid points about the U.S. government starting wars for all the wrong reasons (as if there were any right reasons) however, I do not believe that the soldiers of America would premeditate the murder of a child.Yes, in the U.S. misguided wars innocent people of these countrys are killed,and in no way will excuse that fact.However I do not believe that the U.S. targets innocent civilians or children,as these monsters did according to this story.I believe that the innocent lives lost because of U.S. fire and bombings are accidental casulties of war,and no I'm not trying to justify that fact.However I know several people in the service and after some conversations with them,I do not believe they would ever recieve or follow an order to murder a child or innocent person.I will however state that I want to believe in the goodness of the people and soldiers of this country,even if I have no faith in its government and therfore may be somewhat swayed in my analysis.
edit on 26-7-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: edit

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

sorry if i came out like i said US target innocents, but the way i see it is that most wars at the moment which is started by the western powers is all lies infact they may have some truth to it because they created them or even gave them weapons. But its like saying if a country starts a illegal war and the other country fights back, i see the country which is defending itself as innocent people.

The reason we have so much chaos and suffering is we chose to give powers to corrupt people so that is can benefit us in the short term and not see the long term (if they decide to run their country their way). Indeed there are good soldiers trying to keep the peace in some countries (from the wars their country started) they are just doing their jobs. They may be good people who are just following orders by their superiors. Just like the nazi did in germany just following orders, am not trying to say they are nazi but am sure some of the nazi soldiers knew it was wrong and felt empathy for jews but they still carried out their orders, which makes them evil.

but if we have good men and women who are just following orders to kill the people of that country because we decided to start a war for no reason or unprovoked. They could have the same reason they are just following orders to kill from their superiors.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The only creature that would kill an 8-year-old child would be a heartless one that has no value of life and does not believe in GOD.

They are worthless Monsters and what ever they believe it must be one of a twisted nature!
I am completely sickened inside by the thought of such Men and my instinct is to exact a punishment beyond punishment. They sicken this world by their very acts!

My heart goes out to the family of this child. I pray that they are able to find peace in their hearts. I pray that this small boy was brave and I pray that he is surrounded by our Father in Heaven, safe from the world that is about to end! Bless this Child Oh Lord, embrace him with our Love!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

Again very good points made by you, the comparison to Nazi Germany sent shivers down my spine.I don't think the U.S. is quite on the scale of evil as Nazi Germany,but that really doesn't matter,as any loss of innocent life is unacceptable.Especially when these are very likely wars of greed, as you elluded to by letting evil and corrupt people have too much power.However I really cannot argue your points as I agree with much of what you have said,and no I didn't intend to put my opinion or the U.S. on a soapbox by any means. I know I should not judge people unless I am willing to be judged,however when someone premeditates the murder of an 8 yr. old child in cold blood, I hope within the deepest part of me that there is a hell,so that these monsters can rot forever.
edit on 26-7-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: edit

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman
So if we condemn the killing of an 8 year old by easterners then we're good people but if we're pissed when our tax dollars have paid for the deployment of people doing the same thing we're "clueless chucklehead(s)".

Get real.

Hmmm....last time I checked, and I'm in a position to do so, the US Military hasn't hung any 8 year olds in Helmand recently.

Get real.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mehforfun
Whats the difference between warrior and USA army? one is given medals for bombing a village/country full of innocent people to get a few terrorist. A warrior will look you in the eyes before taking your life instead of sitting in his house controlling a plane. A warrior will lay his life down in a heartbeat to protect his country and family. And the other will start wars to gain money at the cost of innocent lives, even his fellow countrymen.

Sorry, Gus. You're wrong.

The US isn't intentionally killing civilians, but that's what happens when the terrorists hide in a village. It's called, "using a human shield" because they know if there's an air strike, civilians might get killed, and everyone will get their mom's panties all bunched up because if it. They aren't there to "fight the infidel and protect my countrymen". They use their own people as a shield to protect them.

Warriors? Nah, I think of them as chickens**t cowards.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Freedom fighter, militant or terrorist, I don't give a tupenny s**t. Murderers!!!!!!!!
They are not soldiers, no honour, no code of conduct. An 8 year old boy for fracks sake.

Regardless of my political views, and I am sure many of you know them by now, there is no justification for this
(from either side of the conflict).

To the OP, star and flag for bringing this henious act to our attention.
edit on 27/7/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

edit on 27/7/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Did you notice how CNN calls them "militants" and refuses to call them "terrorists"?

Yea or murdering scumbags.

This and more is what in store if the terrorist nuts win the war.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Taliban also get off having kids step on IEDs. Nice.

Check out Michael Yon's Facebook page. He has a photo of the little guy that the scumbags hung. They gouged his eyes out first.

And what rocket scientist was comparing US troops to Nazis? Whoever it was, you got it all wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is really sad, but compared to what the elite are doing to us, trying to wipe out 90% of the population, or even what our military is doing to the poor people in the Middle East, how big of a deal is it really? I know it's fun to get all cowboy and all and proclaim how much you wanna tear that Arab apart but yeah.
edit on 27-7-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join