It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party say they're the best? No just more like the rest!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've heard a lot of Hoopla about the tea party lately and how they were going to stop Government spending.
So i just looked up how they did in 2010.
Now remember this is the party that would take us into default to stop Government spending.
To me different name but all the same.

Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus may tout their commitment to cutting government spending now, but they used the 111th Congress to request hundreds of earmarks that, taken cumulatively, added more than $1 billion to the federal budget. According to a Hotline review of records compiled by Citizens Against Government Waste, the 52 members of the caucus, which pledges to cut spending and reduce the size of government, requested a total of 764 earmarks valued at $1,049,783,150 during Fiscal Year 2010, the last year for which records are available.

Link

By name:
Citizens Against Government Waste's Pig Book:
NAME EARMARKS AMOUNT

Aderholt (R-AL) 69 $78,263,000
Akin (R-MO) 9 $14,709,000
Alexander (R-LA) 41 $65,395,000
Bachmann (R-MN) 0 0
Barton (R-TX) 14 $12,269,400
Bartlett (R-MD) 19 $43,060,650
Bilirakis (R-FL) 14 $13,600,000
R. Bishop (R-UT) 47 $93,980,000
Burgess (R-TX) 15 $15,804,400
Broun (R-GA) 0 0
Burton (R-IN) 0 0
Carter (R-TX) 26 $42,232,000
Coble (R-NC) 19 $18,755,000
Coffman (R-CO) 0 0
Crenshaw (R-FL) 37 $54,424,000
Culberson (R-TX) 22 $33,792,000
Fleming (R-LA) 10 $31,489,000
Franks (R-AZ) 8 $14,300,000
Gingrey (R-GA) 19 $16,100,000
Gohmert (R-TX) 15 $7,099,000
S. Graves (R-MO) 11 $8,331,000
R. Hall (R-TX) 16 $12,232,000
Harper (R-MS) 25 $80,402,000
Herger (R-CA) 5 $5,946,000
Hoekstra (R-MI) 9 $6,392,000
Jenkins (R-KS) 12 $24,628,000
S. King (R-IA) 13 $6,650,000
Lamborn (R-CO) 6 $16,020,000
Luetkemeyer (R-MO) 0 0
Lummis (R-WY) 0 0
Marchant (R-TX) 0 0
McClintock (R-CA) 0 0
Gary Miller (R-CA) 15 $19,627,500
Jerry Moran (R-KS) 22 $19,400,000
Myrick (R-NC) 0 0
Neugebauer (R-TX) 0 0
Pence (R-IN) 0 0
Poe (R-TX) 12 $7,913,000
T. Price (R-GA) 0 0
Rehberg (R-MT) 88 $100,514,200
Roe (R-TN) 0 0
Royce (R-CA) 7 $6,545,000
Scalise (R-LA) 20 $17,388,000
P. Sessions (R-TX) 0 0
Shadegg (R-AZ) 0 0
Adrian Smith (R-NE) 1 $350,000
L. Smith (R-TX) 18 $14,078,000
Stearns (R-FL) 17 $15,472,000
Tiahrt (R-KS) 39 $63,400,000
Wamp (R-TN) 14 $34,544,000
Westmoreland (R-GA) 0 0
Wilson (R-SC) 15 $23,334,000

TOTAL 764 $1,049,783,150

And they have not been at very long folks.
Let's call a spade a spade shall we?

edit on 26-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OP you make me laugh, we are headed to default with or without the tea party, with or with out a deal

But keep drinking the Liberal and the 2 party system Kool Aid, surprised how many sheep are on ATS

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Now we see the system for what it is. It is corrupt and it will always breed corruption. This is what happens when a capitalistic society practices any form of government. The motivation of capitalism is greed and profit, and when it is intertwined with the government corruption is the result. This systems promotes itself and stabilizes on man's greatest vice, GREED.

It is greed that drives us to kill our brethren. It is greed that allows us to watch other humans starve. It is greed that has perpetuated every form of suffering that we have experienced as a people...and yet we build a system based upon greed and praise it.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

It's all a joke. Once you realize it's all a joke, the only serious profession left is that of a Comedian.
(watchmen reference)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

Earmarks are part of government. It is a "representative government." We elect those officials from our district to go to Washington and fight on our behalf, and make sure our little slice of the country is represented. We elect them to go to DC and get some of that money and bring it home.

If the Tea Party didn't fight for their constituents in the form of earmarks, the money would just go to some other politician's district.

Earmarks are not the problem.....corruption is the problem. If you find any of those Tea Party reps funding their own pet projects that will reap them huge dividends privately, then you have found something, and I will gladly flatten the tires of the bandwagon and kick everyone off!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatman

No i know it's all a good cop bad cop hack job.
I just want to show those that still believe you can elect an honest person in this country, How wrong they are.
The system is broke.
Elect whom you want to but by the time they get to Washington they will be totally different.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Earmarks Corruption looks the same to me.
If you throw a bitch fest about spending and then spend that amount in one year.
Then i start to believe your bipolar.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The problem is not spending. It is over spending, meaning spending more than taxes bring into the system.

link   

Your list also appears to be off?

I don't see Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, or Rand Paul?

Perhaps this list of the so-called "Tea Party Caucus" is illegitimate? I know for a fact how instrumental the Tea Party was in electing those names above, but maybe they are not part of this "Tea Party Caucus?"

If that is the case, then the Caucus is a farce just like the Tea Party Express was a farce, and Glenn Beck is a farce, and Sarah Palin is a Farce.

I bet if you started looking at the Zero figures on that list, you would find the true Tea Party candidates, and if you started looking at the big $$ you would find the typical Republican candidate just riding the coattails of the movement.

link   
When the Tea Party talks of treason they need to look at themselves. Bunch of ignorant ideologues would just as soon destroy this country as do anything that would help -- with governance like this who needs enemies?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Jeez man i'm beginning to think your on someones payroll.
No offense intended.
After all we're all in the same boat...sinking!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I wish!

I'm just a little more "feet on the ground" than most. I was there at the beginning of the local Tea Party in my town. I'm involved in a couple of foreclosures and a bankruptcy. I work for the State Government, and I have had my wages cut two years in a row!

I am just one of the Tea Party folks that thinks watching the whole thing come crashing down is still preferable to seeing it mortgaged for several generations just to buy a little temporary comfort.

Preferably, I want to see Obama and the Dems stick to their guns on the Tax Hikes. We need it. It will hurt, but it is necessary. I want to see the Tea Party stick to its guns and not budge on the Debt Ceiling. It absolutely cannot increase. And, I want to see the Republicans suggest even deeper budget cuts, and a Balanced Budget amendment. If they can make that plan work, then the country can be saved. Anything less is delaying the inevitable, and I'd rather get it over with now instead of later. Here is my little quote, "The ends are inevitable, the means are still negotiable."

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I see your point.
but at this point in the game it is all over spending right?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well i can relate and understand your point.
I can probably weather it myself.
However if they bankrupt my 91 year old mom.
I WILL BE PISSED!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012
I've heard a lot of Hoopla about the tea party lately and how they were going to stop Government spending.
So i just looked up how they did in 2010.
Now remember this is the party that would take us into default to stop Government spending.
To me different name but all the same.

Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus may tout their commitment to cutting government spending now, but they used the 111th Congress to request hundreds of earmarks that, taken cumulatively, added more than $1 billion to the federal budget. According to a Hotline review of records compiled by Citizens Against Government Waste, the 52 members of the caucus, which pledges to cut spending and reduce the size of government, requested a total of 764 earmarks valued at $1,049,783,150 during Fiscal Year 2010, the last year for which records are available.

Link

Uhm, 2010? Please tell me, exactly which "tea party members" got elected in 2008 or earlier?

oh yeah, there weren't any.

We have a few now, thanks to 2010 elections, which didn't take office until 2011, so I fail to see the point of this. We all are aware how corrupt the establishment (on both sides) is. Take a gander and try to find how many "tea party member" earmarks have gone through this year.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Ok if you insist i'll pick the tea party poster girl
Here you go.

Bachmann’s penchant for earmarks dates back to her days in the Minnesota state Senate. Despite her reputation as a fiscal conservative, from 2001-2006, then-state Senator Bachmann proposed more than $60 million in earmarks, including a $710,000 “Bond For Centerville Local Improvements Around Highway 14″ and a $40,000,000 “Bond for Lino Lakes And Columbus Township Highway Interchanges.”
dailycaller.com... -bachmanns-record-earmarks-farm-subsidies-and-pardons/

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

But on your list in the OP, she is one with all ZEROS after her name.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Didn't make that list.
and if you think about it with her running for prez.
She probably wasn't about to give out the numbers.
I'm not a liberal hack.
I'm just saying beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
And i actually adore Ron.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Now we see the system for what it is. It is corrupt and it will always breed corruption. This is what happens when a capitalistic society practices any form of government. The motivation of capitalism is greed and profit, and when it is intertwined with the government corruption is the result. This systems promotes itself and stabilizes on man's greatest vice, GREED.

It is greed that drives us to kill our brethren. It is greed that allows us to watch other humans starve. It is greed that has perpetuated every form of suffering that we have experienced as a people...and yet we build a system based upon greed and praise it.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

It's all a joke. Once you realize it's all a joke, the only serious profession left is that of a Comedian.
(watchmen reference)
I agree, it makes me sick to see these clowns in action. They rob us blind and we continue to let it go on. How much longer? Government + corporation= Fascism, We have seen this before in Nazi Germany, the difference is that Hitler controlled the corporations, now in the present day Fascist America the corporations are running the show. It gets worse from here, believe me the shows just about to hit the full swing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't trust Bachman either.
You are absolutely correct do distrust many of the politicians that were quick to associate with the Tea Party when it became popular. They will be the first ones to jump ship when this debt defaults and the press crucifies the Tea Party for it.

The ones to watch are the ones that stick to their campaign promises despite the bad press. We did elect a few in 2008, and a bunch in 2010, and I think many of them will stand up on moral grounds. At least I pray so. I hope they aren't all disappointments.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
earmarks is a tell tell sign that americans are paying too much in taxes.

the us goverment has so much money and everyone(congressman) have their hands out to bring home the bacon to their states.

too long americans who live in other states pay taxes for things they will never benfit from and earmarks are passed off as the price of doing business.

tea party or obama or the left fat chance they will ever be stopped.

i did a thread about what money is spent on not too long ago and it shows the stupidity of washington and congressman and even taxpayers are all too happy to go along with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join