It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO got Peru now !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yes, Monsanto convinced peruvian people they can make the land produce 1000 times more. This is sad.

I guess this is something else President Alan Garcia left us before he leaves. Who knows how big was the bribe.

www.monsantoblog.com...

Here some info from June, this year :

In Peru, the debate over the introduction of GMOs into the country has been very public, involving a plethora of participants such as scientists, chefs, farmers, restaurant owners, politicians, and far-ranging members of civil society. Several Peruvian cities, including Cusco, Lambayeque, Huánuco, Ayacucho, and San Martín, were the first to declare themselves "GMO-free zones." Lima, the nation's capital, soon joined these cities as the newest GMO-free zone in late April.[ii] Lima's move came just days after President Alan García and former Peruvian Minister of Agriculture Rafael Quevedo had signed Supreme Decree 003-2011-AG on April 15.[iii]

The decree, which was actually drawn up two years ago, set up an agency to regulate the research, production, and trade of GMOs.[iv] Rafael Quevedo, who has since resigned from office due to intense criticism surrounding his stance on GMOs, claimed that the order was merely "a regulation which tries to eliminate errors, control the use of genetically modified organisms, and make sure they don't come into the country if they are found to be a risk."[v]

However, many citizens felt that the decree paved the way for a flood of transgenic products into the country, which could hurt its rich biodiversity and its growing market for high quality organic products. The immediate backlash against the signing of the decree indicated that there, indeed, existed widespread support for a GMO-free Peru. Such indications were soon confirmed, as Peru's Congress recently repealed the decree on June 8 by a 56 to 0 vote, with two abstentions.[vi] The bill has placed a "10-year moratorium on the entrance of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) for cultivation and breeding or any other type of transgenic products."[vii] However, the transgenic battle in Peru is far from decidedly won, as the moratorium simply puts the heated spar on a temporary hold.

www.counterpunch.org...
edit on 26-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well i hate the idea of monsanto since before they wanted to seige all of agriculture (think agent orange) --- BUT --- its not like they are lying about how the crops will produce and its not like the country couldnt use a economic boom, maybe the bribe was that your country will produce more bug free crop at a ridiculous rate, there is a reaon they ended up in everybodys back yard

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 11165

I know they say the true about the 1000 time more productivity. I also know Alan Garcia won't do it for free.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
well that just means it is just one more place I will be avoiding vegies from.
I think the overall people of the world will win this battle against monsucko
edit on 26-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Europe had some serious presure put on it to except frankinfoods and seeds but word is getting out and the other week a farm was closed down for having these seeds.

Whats the penalty for mass murder again

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 11165

well i hate the idea of monsanto since before they wanted to seige all of agriculture (think agent orange) --- BUT --- its not like they are lying about how the crops will produce and its not like the country couldnt use a economic boom,...

WHERE did you get that drivel???

In India they have had a massive sustained wave of farmer SUICIDE thanks to Monsanto!!!! stopogm.net...

Interesting then that a contributor to the FAO's Forum, Professor El-Tayeb, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Industrial Biotechnology at Cairo University commented that: "..currently available (GMO's) mostly contribute negatively to poverty alleviation and food security - and positively to the stock market." www.warmwell.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I will bet any one here when Monsanto does a cost benefit analysis it has no human ethical basis. We do not factor into their plan except as consumers, the Earth is just a place to "do business" and profits are calculated yearly and must increase yearly. Corporations are the final most virulent bug in the petri dish and will follow the path of all such organisms. They will consume resources and produce waste until they toxify the "dish" to itself and us with it. Won't kill the Earth she is tougher than us or even our "poly-us" creations called corporations.But we are well on our way to making it to nasty here to support healthy life of our kind, and many others. If you look at the growth curve of a colony of bugs in a dish it is no stretch seeing where all this is ultimately headed.
seed

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thanks for all your posts. I guess I have to keep my faith and wait until God stops them, because we can't.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
***UPDATE***

These are good news, even if the article posted here try to make it look as bad ones. The new Agriculture Minister is against Monsanto, applying a moratorium for the GM seeds in Peru.

The agro doomed. The new Agriculture Minister Miguel Caillaux, quickly fell into networks and advanced antitransgénicas lobbyist posture, without any scientific basis, a moratorium on the entry of GM seeds, which Peruvian agriculture will be isolated from scientific advances that would increase very low levels of agricultural productivity.

www.expreso.com.pe...

top topics

join