It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Harry Potter Movie Set Targetted by Al Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Found this snippet from the set of the new Potter film "Goblet of Fire" where security has been upgraded after threatening calls.

Terrorist scare on set of Goblet of Fire
Security has been stepped up on the set of the new Harry Potter movie after the studio where it is being shot received a chilling terror threat.

Leavesden Studio near London answered the menacing phone call last Friday (13AUG04), which warned of a brutal attack on the film's young stars. And insiders fear Al-Qaeda - the terrorist network responsible for the September 11 attacks - are behind the threat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hehehe, I seriously doubt al-qaeda is behind this.
It is either a prank or christian extremists. The popularity of witches and wizards amongst "good christian kids" didnt go down well in traditional circles.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well they have gone too far this time.

Maybe they should have all of the cast wear turbans and burkas, carry qur'ans and change Hogwarts into a Mosque, or Islamic shrine?

When will the insanity and paranoia end?

Gazz

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
hehehe, I seriously doubt al-qaeda is behind this.
It is either a prank or christian extremists. The popularity of witches and wizards amongst "good christian kids" didnt go down well in traditional circles.

I agree with you the last time we had a Harry Potter book released to our local bookstore here in the south they had a bomb tread for selling the book.

Now what kind of religious group will do a thing like that?

I love the books.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Haha, I expect this is just some nutter making the calls, certainly not AQ.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The similarities though, think of the similarities.OBL as Voldemort, faceless suicide bombers as the Dementors. Dubya as Harry, Condoleeeeeeza Rice as Hermione, Rumsfeld as Ron, Sharon & Blair as Crabbe & Goyle......

I'd pay to see it, just as long as Michael Moore stayed well away.....

HTMB

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Osama is just angry he wasn't accepted as Wizard of Oz

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Maybe they should have all of the cast wear turbans and burkas, carry qur'ans and change Hogwarts into a Mosque, or Islamic shrine?

Gazz

I agree, I don't know what makes them any less worse than Muslim extremeists aside for the number of attacks...but its only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043I agree with you the last time we had a Harry Potter book released to our local bookstore here in the south they had a bomb tread for selling the book.

Now what kind of religious group will do a thing like that?

Frankly, it's the right-wing Biblical literalists (generally referred to as "fundamentalists") who react strongly and hold book burnings of Harry Potter books... and it wouldn't be a bad guess that some members of that group are behind it. Not all of them, though.

I've seen some real hate spewed towards the books in that group, and pages full of misinformation (that Rowling is a witch an this is a textbook for witches and wizards... and (speaking personally as someone who's been a witch for the past 30 years) that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's obvious that Rowling knows nothing.))

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Gazz

I imagine sometime shortly after a future President declares the War On Terror over, just like the Cold War was declared to be over and everyone immediately stopped fearing Nuclear Holocaust.

new topics

top topics

join