It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Circumcision for new borns... Yes or No?

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


Last I checked, you werent using an ear for sex.




posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I got my son circumcized, and don't consider it a big deal. I spoke to medical staff about it. The majority of American males have it done. We are not going to single him out to be picked on. Bullying will have far more repercussions then any circumcision. He was gone for 20 minutes and wasn't even crying when he came back. It is not that big of a deal. The majority of the population does include those in the medical community. If they thought it non essential and without benefit, they most likely wouldn't have it done.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
IMO, it is mutilation, plain and simple. No different than chopping off a puppies tail because some person, decided at some time, that they could improve on the "original" born version. Did you know that in the 50's babies weren't even given a local pain killer? Brutal yes. It is the choice of the parent...I say, let it be the choice of the child after say, age 18.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would like to see research done on females and the amount of infections that they can possibly get and what association of removing the clitoral hood would accomplish in curtailing these infections.

The penis develops with a hood for protection of the thousands of nerve endings on the underside of the head. Removal of that protective sheath does cause desensitization in the area. There really is no reason to remove the sheath. Modern facilities (running water, access to antibiotics) should dictate that an arcane practice be abandoned, but in this modern society of aesthetics and whatnot, having a nipped tip is the norm.

So I challenge all parents of boys and girls, to be equal in the treatment of your child. Nip both childs protective covering that causes all this infection.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Of course doctors would do it, even if there is no reason for it. They get PAID to do it. What other reason do they need.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Of course doctors would do it, even if there is no reason for it. They get PAID to do it. What other reason do they need.


Many consider it to be against their ethetics... Unnecessary surgery is never recommended by any doctor... Similar to your tonsils. You can't just get them removed these days unless they're seriously infected and theres no other choice.

Circumcision is considered a cosmetic surgery... And unnecessary... So its not as easy to get as you'd think, though it costs an arm and a leg these days as well.




posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Great so it is done to be more visually appealing to women? Personally, I find vaginas visually unappealing as well. We should start cutting them up to based on this logic!

None of the arguments are valid. We not cut off a finger or hand to make others more presnetable or desirable. Maybe, in extreme mutations we might, but every man is born with an intact foreskin, and a huge percentage are just cut off. Why? Tell me again how this isn't mutilation? Tell me again how the baby asked to had his penis cut up? Tell me again how many nerve ending are down there. Tell me how those nerve endings are important?

Screw it. Cut his penis off...pssssh.



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
reply to post by jude11
 


Great so it is done to be more visually appealing to women? Personally, I find vaginas visually unappealing as well. We should start cutting them up to based on this logic!

None of the arguments are valid. We not cut off a finger or hand to make others more presnetable or desirable. Maybe, in extreme mutations we might, but every man is born with an intact foreskin, and a huge percentage are just cut off. Why? Tell me again how this isn't mutilation? Tell me again how the baby asked to had his penis cut up? Tell me again how many nerve ending are down there. Tell me how those nerve endings are important?

Screw it. Cut his penis off...pssssh.


Technically speaking there arn't many nerve endings in the forskin of the penis...

But it can be considered mutilation just as much as breast ogmentation or a nose job is honestly.

Either way unless you live in the desert its purely for esthetic value, or religious ritual.




posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


There are some studies that state that the foreskin has many many nerve endings, just like a labia on women.

But yeah, beyond aesthetics and religion there are no other justifications (think about it). Aesthetics being the worst excuse-is flat out mutilation.

Religion on the other hand is a touchy subject. Should we allow children to be deformed because it is tradition? This isn't psychology, this is a part of the child's body that we cut off,,,



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
reply to post by Akragon
 


There are some studies that state that the foreskin has many many nerve endings, just like a labia on women.

But yeah, beyond aesthetics and religion there are no other justifications (think about it). Aesthetics being the worst excuse-is flat out mutilation.

Religion on the other hand is a touchy subject. Should we allow children to be deformed because it is tradition? This isn't psychology, this is a part of the child's body that we cut off,,,


This is why i made this thread...

Before recently i didn't even think about it, i just assumed i would automatically have my son chopped if i had one, now im unsure...

Also, consider the fact that it is relatively painless, the area is frozen before hand... and if theres no infection its only mildly irratating. And the baby won't remember a thing.


edit on 31-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


The baby may not remember it, but they are still in pain. Do we support beating animals because they don't think like us?

The child may not remember, but they will know that their genitalia was butchered when they look down. Every time they urinate, every time they shower-they will know. The only justification for this is that the bible said so/tradition.

If it is so important to religion, it should be done when the child can decided for themselves whether or not they want it done....



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves
 



The child may not remember, but they will know that their genitalia was butchered when they look down.


no they won't, they'll have no idea what happen to them until someone tells them... The child will have no concept of pain having never experienced it before... Nor will they remember or comprehend what happened to their genitalia when they look down.... again, they're too young...

I might also add, i am circumcised, and i don't look down and say... "damn they chopped off my deal!"

I also don't consider what was done to me mutilation. When i was born over 90% of males in Canada were also circumcised, it was the norm... likely due to religion but regardless. Im not missing anything because i never had a memory of it. Most kids don't even realize that some are chopped and some arn't anyways... its not something thats talked about until adulthood for the most part.



The only justification for this is that the bible said so/tradition.


There is a slightly greater risk of infection for men with uncircumcised 's... but that risk involves the individual and his hygene habits.



If it is so important to religion, it should be done when the child can decided for themselves whether or not they want it done....


You'll have to discuss that with someone that is affilitated with a religion.




posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Personally... (sorry if i offend anyone) i think its more aesthetically pleasing... to women of course, then again im not a woman...




Im not circumsised and Ive never had a complaint....and provided you have proper hygiene, it can be just as clean as a circumsised penis. In saying that, Im still unsure as I will have my child circumsised. I dont see any difference it would make to be honest, I guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference.


Who really cares though, its only a little bit of skin after all



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


It is a bit of skin with more nerve endings than most of the body. That is why it matters.

If it is a personal decision, and it doesn't really matter, as you stated, then it should be left up to the child to decide.

Isn't that logical?
edit on 31-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


It is a bit of skin with more nerve endings than most of the body. That is why it matters.

If it is a personal decision, and it doesn't really matter, as you stated, then it should be left up to the child to decide.

Isn't that logical?
edit on 31-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)


I know its a bit of skin, like I said, I am uncircumsised.

But you are correct, it would be more fair to let the child decide. I believe these days they use a shot of local anasthetic to numb the area. For myself though, Ive had no problems, and the girlfriend has no problems, so unless there is an issue where circumsision is needed, Im staying as I am



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


I wish I was all-natural, but my parents decided to chop parts of my penis off. I was mutilated, and wish I had a say on it.

I can't wait for the first lawsuits to start on this. Separation of church and state, it is supposed to t be that way. It isn't separation of part of your penis so he can ask question later. All children have rights. The do not not deserve "penile adjustment". That is such an unbelievably illogical, unjust, and barbaric practice.

We are used to our genitalia being this way, but it isn't natural.
edit on 31-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join