It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision for new borns... Yes or No?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

“In Ontario, two-thirds of boys used to be circumcised, now it’s less than one-third. It’s rarely done east of Quebec. It used to be a boy who wasn’t was the exception, now it’s the reverse,” says Walter. Figures from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) back up his claims. In 1970 it was estimated that between 69 percent and 97 percent of all boys and men in the U.S. had been circumcised, compared to 48 percent in Canada and 24 percent in the United Kingdom. The procedure is rarely performed in northern European countries, Central and South America and Asia.

www.parentscanada.com...

So the question is...

If you have a male child or are planning to have a child in the future, will you circumcise him?

If i ever had a boy, i've always thought i would do it. Though taking into consideration, most doctors "prefer" to not to do unnecessary surgery in my country, risk of infection, and the pain you're putting your child through. Im conflicted...

I have a friend that just had a child. Today he took his new born son to his appointment, and suddenly spun around and went home after he thought about what he was about to do. After doing some research, we started chatting about it. I was "Pro Chop"
... but after a lengthy debate... Im unsure...

Personally... (sorry if i offend anyone) i think its more aesthetically pleasing... to women of course, then again im not a woman...

Then theres the whole religious aspect to the issue...

Sooo....

Does your kid get the chop? .... YES OR NO?

edit on 26-7-2011 by Akragon because:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Aren't you happy it's not the tradition to cut off the tip of your penis when your son was born?

If they are offended when they get older....It can still be done.

I have no opinion on anteater vs. helmet.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
No.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It used to be about cleanliness among those that weren't Jewish but that was dispelled.

Now it seems like it's about appearance. Do you want the 'mushroom' or 'piggy in a blanket' look?

It's not something one would remember having done anyway (I don't recall it at all) and to have it done at a later date is more painful as far as I've heard so tough call.

BTW, I'm all for it....

edit on 26-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is utterly wrong and should be stopped immediately.

No.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would definitely not do it, and even think it should be banned for under age unless there is a medical reason for it.
The thing about increased risk of cancer is also mostly propaganda.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am all for it as well.
How would you like to wear a hat all day on a hot day?
Keep the air a flowin.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When my son was born I asked to witness a circumcision and did some research. I decided NOT to circumcise my baby boy. Now that he is in his 20s he has thanked me for making an intelligent informed choice and not just cutting him so he would look like everyone else. Sure there is a chance that if a baby is not kept clean and not shown how to clean themselves properly that they may get an infection, however babies ears are also prone to infection and you don't see us cutting off their ears now do you.

This is just another way for doctors to make money off the birth process. I find it confusing that so many who are against female circumcision are for male circumcision. Either way it's mutilation. Most circumcised boys aren't even cut for religious reasons they are cut just because parents are misinformed.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just can't get behind chopping stuff off simply for aesthetic reasons. And I'm not talking about growths or things like that. If a big ol' wart grew up on your lip, by all means, lance it. But we're not talking about strange or abnormal growths.

And as far as aesthetics go... I'm a "fully armored trojan" if you will, and I have only ever had one woman even notice and that was a long time ago and a day of firsts for the both of us, if you catch my drift. Since then not a peep.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
NO!!

Here we go again. This is one topic that can get a bit hostile. Check out this old thread. There's some really good posts and info in there, even if it did get a little heated. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Theres no need to get hostile about it, people either are for it or against it... I was actually wondering because i honestly thought the general concencus was pro... but it seems i was wrong.

1/3 of people in my province, i had no idea...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Theres no need to get hostile about it, people either are for it or against it... I was actually wondering because i honestly thought the general concencus was pro... but it seems i was wrong.

I don't feel hostile about it. I have a strong opinion about it though. I was just saying its a controversial topic the times I've seen it discussed.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Akragon

I don't feel hostile about it. I have a strong opinion about it though. I was just saying its a controversial topic the times I've seen it discussed.

I didn't mean you specifically, i mean in general...

Its a choice... Once upon a time it was free at the hospital, now its up to $500 i've found... that might change a persons mind as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I just can't get behind chopping stuff off simply for aesthetic reasons.

Try never trimming your finger nails or cutting your hair...ever.

There are millions of people getting unneeded surgery for aesthetic reasons.

It is a Fact that a circumcised male is healthier than a uncircumcised one.

It is being attempted in Africa to hopefully stop the spread of AID's.

The spread of STD's is most probably because of male with their genitalia not cut.

In my long life with the other men I associated with the subject was not discussed to much.

My father was a medic in the military and he was adamant on all us boys be cut at birth.

He said the number of men who were not and had so many health issues that had to be dealt with a the clinic took up a enormous amount of their time,that could have been better spent on other problems.

But one thing I do remember a medical person telling me,that they see more urinary tract infections from the uncircumcised men that the ones that are circumcised.

A baby boy has very little to no sensitivity in that area when they are born.

Parents who do not want the expense of paying for this is just setting their son up for paying for medical issues later in his life.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes...yes and yes...

If for no other reason...skip the religion...human standard is enough...science proves that it is clearly more sanitary for a man to be "un-sheathed"...and I think that enough science combined with enough history shows that it is clearly better to remove the foreskin...I say yes.

Thanks...no offense meant to the religious bunch....I suppose that is a good reason too!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Fingernails? Hair? Really? Not even remotely comperable. And I had no idea I was a higher risk for AIDS! The things you're talking about are symptoms of uncleanliness, poor choices and possibly rape, not circumcision.

I and my three brothers are all uncircumcised and there has not been one issue because of it.

And the spread of STDs is most likely happening because people with STDs are having unprotected sex... I'm not a scientist though.
edit on 26-7-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Star for you.
If a man can't keep himself clean thats not the fault of some skin, it's the man...

I don't see the point in doing it when there is no point in doing it.

Maybe you should cut out your anus too to keep that clean.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Star for you.
If a man can't keep himself clean thats not the fault of some skin, it's the man...

I don't see the point in doing it when there is no point in doing it.

Maybe you should cut out your anus too to keep that clean.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

Or -- as Ladysophiaofsandoz pointed out here -- your ear to prevent ear infection.

Star for you on charges of common sense.
edit on 26-7-2011 by xFiDgetx because: To give credit where it's due

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

wow, are you for real man? a baby is born with the same nerve endings as they have their entire life and yes it hurts them tho pain is not the issue here. this is a practice if you research that is carried out almost solely by in order of popularity, muslims, which also practice female genital cutting, jews and mid western united states people, tho even the US is down to about 50%, the fact that its down to less than 10% of canadian born boys getting it done to them shows than we are slowly but surely coming out of our early 20th century knowledge into new medical and health practice. # the states for having so much influence on our parents generation. try finding a dr to get it cut in britain or anywhere in europe, its simply not done. Facts are facts and circumcision was initially used as a punishment same as with female circumcision long before people even believed in the things we now call "germs" so get real and keep the ignorance to yourself instead of imortalizing your 18th century farmer ideals in this forum. BTW Im the friend of Akragon and am cut but the cycle stops here

Let your baby stay whole and keep his whole penis, maybe watch a youtube vid of it being done, its brutal

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Polgrady

Right on man... again im thinking twice on this whole chop it off thing.

Im still up in the air about it, though once i actually have my own child things may change.

Well said either way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join