It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology - re-living past experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
From my most negative experiences in life, I feel as if the negative memories from childhood are in a state of "replay" and when I re-live these experiences in day-to-day life, they seem to to be correlated to my experiences, as if, the negative rememberance is a recurring loop in my conscious reality, and that loop has a kind of "anniversary" where over time, when it recurrs, a similar experience happens to my mind.

The wavelength of these vary, for example, serious events replay at longer intervals closer to the origin point of the event, and over time they increace in intensity until the event replays itself repeatedly in my subconsciousness.

I feel as if, when I can correlate my past experiences to the times in life where I suffer, I can use that knowledge to "relive" those memories in a positive way, either to avoid them from occuring, or to prevent the mistakes from being made that led to their fruition, or to see positivity in negativity.

In addition, there is a way to actually "loop" such memories, that is, when thier karmic consequences are balanced, they cancel themselves out in my experience of reality.

In my journies I have reached the point at which I was born, most of all of my neuroses are from the actual experiences in the womb and the energetic links and ties that led to my inception and development - to alter these, I literally have to find the positive solution or go back into the past with my astral self or my imagination, and alter my actions - it appears I can only alter things that affect myself or affect the future from the current point in time onwards.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Looping or replaying trauma is a core element in the diagnosis of PTSD.
Some of what you have described, you may not realize is a theraputic model of healing they are currently investigating. Exposure therapy with different results.

I apologize for your previous pain in life. I write that with sincerity.
It seems you are on a holistic journey to find your best possible solution, and towards the end drift into a sort of enlightenment process.

Are you aware of all this? I am just slow on the uptake?
In any regard I wish you peace from the "looping" which I experience sometimes with my own personal inventory of life traumas. ~ Be well, Bird

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

S&F

Good observations, and great articulation.

I agree with LittleBirdSaid. Imagining or re-living certain points of your past by visualization or astral travel is extremely therapeutic. It gives you a chance to truly forgive yourself and toss aside pain and regret.

In your first paragraph, you were talking about negativity, replaying, and similar occurrences happening... this is a reason we must liberate from our past. We must not forget the past, for it is an experienced-based source of immense learning. But we must be present, mindful, and consciously aware of 'now' as many moments as we can. The past imprisons many by giving them an infinite source of pain, regret, and wrong view of false permanence to replay over and over. Chasing the past, remembering how it used to be better, how we used to have this, how we wish things were still the same... this is the false view of permanence, for all is impermanent.

May we use our pasts as reflecting pools of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. May our pasts become gateways of forgiveness. May we stay free from the shackles that bind one to the past.

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Wow an excellent and astute reply. Not at full articulation myself - but you expressed with more beauty that which I also tried to convey. I hope this thread draws more attention, thought provoking stuff.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So much time...and so many studies...I think Frued said it best..."when considering the subconscious...we are considering the unknown..." and of course has held true to this day...still unknown!

The wonders of the brain in it's biological sense (strictly speaking of the organ here...) are mysterious enough...and yet when we consider the mind we are yet even further baffled...go figure!

I don't know that finding out how past recollections (dare we say memories...) should figure into a daily common thought...but yet they do...so correlation is evident certainly...but so much is unanswered...I suppose as it should be...as the say...the last frontier could be our very first...only seems reversed in present day.

I think personally...there is a beauty in the unknown sometimes...and the mind is one of those that is better left without answers...of course human instinct dictates answers are a necessity...I think in this case it is better left alone.

Just an opinion...thanks for letting me share!
edit on 26-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

I have much intellect and knowledge, however, although I can describe the causation and effect, I am still at a loss to understand why those causes and effects were correlated to begin with.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I understand what you are going through. It is terribly aggrevating, and oftentimes leaves one feeling helpless and other times hopeless.

I have tried many different therapies, most falling under the metaphysic category, and all helped me little to none. It is when I started to research evidence based therapies, neurological abstracts and the like, is when I started to have a better understanding as to why I am the way that I am, and most importantly - how to change.

For your convenience, I have listed here for you a LARGE number of online psychology journals. All of them are open access (meaning that there is no paid subscription required to veiw the papers).

I have also listed a number of terminologies for you to use as search terms that will aid you in getting help and understanding.

I encourage everybody to copy and save this info. Not only for yourself but for others in your social circles as well.

www.ac-psych.org...
archneur.ama-assn.org...
www.uic.edu...
www.benthamscience.com...
psyc.queensu.ca...
cpl.revues.org...
www.hindawi.com...
www.crossingdialogues.com...
wp.dynapsyc.org...
ojs.lib.swin.edu.au...
www.epjournal.net...
www.frontiersin.org...
www.brains-minds-media.org...
www.transpersonalstudies.org...
www.g-gej.org...
www.baojournal.com...
archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de...
www.business.brookes.ac.uk.../areas/coaching&mentoring
www.ijpsy.com...
www.integrative-journal.com...
www.internationaljournalofwellbeing.org...
www.ispub.com.../ijmh/front.xml
www.jasnh.com...
jnnp.bmj.com...
www.dovepress.com...
journals.mui.ac.ir...
learnmem.cshlp.org...
www.metajournal.org...
www.mindmatter.de...
www.nature.com...
scan.oxfordjournals.org...
www.phandpr.org...
physrev.physiology.org...
pcsp.libraries.rutgers.edu...
www.uv.es...
www.psychologie-aktuell.com...
www.psycneuro.org...
www.tqmp.org...
www.selfhelpmagazine.com...
ajp.psychiatryonline.org...
www.jneurosci.org...
nspb.net...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Use these as search terms........

Rebirthing
mindfulness meditation
mental training
cognitive behavior therapy
conditional goal setting
dispositional mindfulness
mindfulness based cognitive therapy
Cranial electrotherapy stimulation
transcranial magnetic stimulation
behavioral approach system
brain enhancement
stereotype activation
context valence
automatic response inhibition
emotion regulation strategies
negative self-beliefs
Cognitive reappraisal
self-injurious thoughts and behaviors
Negative Automatic Thoughts
The Semmelweis Reflex (Confirmation Bias)
Dunning-Kruger Effect
Hyperbolic Discounting (Instant Gratification Bias)
Cognitive-emotional distinctiveness
distorted thinking
Thought Record
desensitization
cognitive dissonance
Personality Types
Neuroplasticity
axonal sprouting
mindfulness
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire
Dysfunctional Attitude Scale
past event negative influence
learned behavior
REACTIVE MIND
RESTIMULATE
Amygdala
Assimilation
Behavior modification
Belief-bias effect
conditioned response
Closure
Cognitive behavior modification
Cognitive therapy
Conditioned reinforcers
Conditioned stimulus
Coping
Covariation principle
Dissociative amnesia
Encoding
recall
Encoding specificity
Episodic memories
Etiology
Frustration-aggression hypothesis
Gestalt therapy
Goal-directed selection
Hierarchy of needs
Hippocampus
Hypothalamus
Identification and recognition
Independent construals of self
Insight therapy
Instinctual drift
Interdependent construals of self
James-Lange theory of emotion
Limbic system
Mnemonics
Preconscious memories
Psychic determinism
Psychophysics
Mind-body therapies
Non-pharmacological treatment
Psychosomatic disorders
Rational-emotive therapy
Reconstructive memory
Recognition
Repression
Retrieval
Self-handicapping
Emotion - Focused therapy
Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy

I hope that this will be enough to help you.

Good luck!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

I appreciate all the links - my primal goal i s to restore the conduits of the natural systems and un-do the evils that we are forced to endure due to the degrading and corrupting nature of the genetic tampering that had occured to mankind.

If I can break the whole thing down it is this "you can't have sex with a robot".
edit on 26-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

join