It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutchsinse vs USGS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

It would have been obvious three days ago.
I-40 runs right through the area.

Not necessarily. If it just formed, it means the magma could be building. Underground water heating up could account for the radar . All speculation that will be verified or debunked in short order.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
had a friend who passed away a few months ago at the hot springs behind deep creek near apple valley he got in the water and was found hrs later with his skin cooked off I now think it was much hotter than he anticipated maybe it got hotter because the volcanic. activity areas are kinda close i live kinda nearby so I was thinking of taking temperature at those springs .not sure if its relevant.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chester1662

If you're going to bash Dutchinsinse, then you should check out USGS as well:

The USGS prides itself on its unbiased and independent views, but in 2006 it was announced that scientific data would only be made available to the public after ‘a peer review and approval process’, or ‘censorship’, as offended scientists called it.

USGS employees processing papers and data offered for publication were informed that USGS leadership and communications staff should be notified of “findings or data that may be especially newsworthy, have an impact on government policy, or contradict previous public understanding to ensure that proper officials are notified and that communication strategies are developed." Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cegullah

If you're going to bash Dutchinsinse, then you should check out USGS as well:

The USGS prides itself on its unbiased and independent views, but in 2006 it was announced that scientific data would only be made available to the public after ‘a peer review and approval process’, or ‘censorship’, as offended scientists called it.

USGS employees processing papers and data offered for publication were informed that USGS leadership and communications staff should be notified of “findings or data that may be especially newsworthy, have an impact on government policy, or contradict previous public understanding to ensure that proper officials are notified and that communication strategies are developed." Wikipedia

Well no wonder the USGS sites random inconsistencies translate as lack of transparency and then as a lack of trust for the observers/public. Just another NASA... Never A Straight Answer.
Its all so fast and furious behind the covert minds of Gubbment while they kneel before their priests as pirates do and both have only one eye trained on the youthful cup of humanity. Drink on you politicians n' priest as pirates do, your treasure is the illusion of your dualistic minds and that useless buried chest swinging between your thighs... to be cont....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Watch out - This guy's youtube channel might be banned due to "misinformation" !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Some people responded to his announcement of a volcanic plume by pointing out that firefighters were in the very same area fighting a 30 acre fire at that moment.

My late brother dropped out of college and as if to compensate, had this need to be seen as an expert. We listened to his so-called expertise just to flatter his low self-esteem, but we knew better than to believe everything he said. Dutch really really reminds me of my brother, making alarming claims that are not scientifically substantiated by another scientist, as it should be, especially when it's put out there for public consumption. .

Dutch seems to have a inner need to be the first to break a news event. You may think he wants to help people on the surface of it, but he does create unnecessary panic and fear. I know. I was taken in by his junk claims once. If he really wanted to help people, he would first get himself the proper education to make scientific observational claims. Just like my late brother, he is a pseudo scientist, a wannabe. He learns tidbits of information online from his critics. He tries so hard, but although his observations can be entertaining, be wise and see his claims for what they are.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Some webcam from close mountains ..

Is this only fire or some volcanic event ??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/982fa79f9a9f.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b0dbea2263.png[/atsimg]

sierrafire.cr.usgs.gov...
edit on 27-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Just spot on , info that cant be beat . The venting being heard all over check this thread ; there is a particular page with exactly same info ; sat images of venting . ats thread - stealthycats collection Dates match too by the looks of it .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thats a miserable account of your late brother mate . You dont even respect the fact he is dead . B hell if you were my employer I would leave . Why should he have kissed the backsides of scientists through his own life and swallowed all the bull delivered at schools ; that is truly sick you should be ashamed of yourself. You were his brother - ye dont hand out references like that to the public, ye dont write bad things in peoples obituaries, even if you werent!. You forgot what you didnt know and was unseen to you about him. I didnt . So get a grip.
Where is it written in the unwritten book of life that you have to beleive that is forest fires on this thread even ?
Its not , and you dont get to define the truth either

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
That is Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms training area. That plume of smoke could be anything. It could be pyrotechnics for Mojave Viper, or it could simply be anything from bombs to burning artillery powder. If you look at the Marine Corps website there is nothing unusual going on. If they are clouds its harsh monsoon weather it happens out there.

I worked on the 29 Palms Marine base. I was in Vegas for 9 years before that. "Harsh monsoon weather...?" The Mojave gets no such thing. Thunder storms - that pass by and DON'T emanate from a single location, yes. But nothing remotely like "monsoons," nor like what Dutch shows is going on.

*I* believe Dutch is on to something.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

It's the "Lion" fire. 150 miles northwest of the clouds we're talking about.
www.nifc.gov...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecddc28f7311.jpg[/atsimg]

NOW i REMEMBER

The October 16, 1999 M7.1 Hector Mine Earthquake

Date/Time: October 16, 1999 02:46:44.1am PDT
Magnitude Mw 7.1
Location/Depth: 34.59N 116.27W depth=5±3 km
Descriptive location: 47 miles ESE of Barstow
Faulting type: right-lateral strike-slip
Faults involved: Lavic Lake fault & central section of Bullion fault
Length of surface rupture: 41 km
Maximum surface offset 5.2 meters

Above is a diagrammatic representation of surface faulting produced by the M7.1 Hector Mine earthquake of October, 16, 1999. This figure was derived from mapping by more than 40 geologists from the U.S. Geological Survey, Southern California Earthquake Center, and the California Division of Mines and Geology. The principal rupture is shown in yellow. It extends for more than 41 km, although the portion of the rupture with observed displacement of >1 cm (shown here) is barely more than 35 km long.

The rupture involves portions of two previously mapped fault zones - the Bullion fault, and an unnamed, more northerly trending fault that is now informally referred to as the Lavic Lake fault. This pattern of rupture along more than one named fault was also observed from the 1992 Landers earthquake. The closely spaced nature of the surface faults in this area (other major mapped faults in the region are shown with dashed green lines) suggests that they are interrelated and connected to a fewer number of "master" faults at depth.

Much of the fault zone that produced the Hector Mine earthquake had been buried by relatively young stream deposits and the fault scarps in bedrock have a subdued morphology. Thus it appears that these faults have not experienced significant offset for perhaps 10,000 years or more. Planned future investigations will refine the age of the last event on these faults. The portion of the Lavic Lake fault that ruptured between the northern end of the Bullion Mountains and Lavic Lake had not previously been mapped. However, our current field investigations have identified ancient, subdued fault scarps along the 1999 rupture zone in this area. Thus, it appears that the entire Lavic Lake fault that was involved in the 1999 event had ruptured before.

The greatest fault displacement, about 5.2 m of right-lateral strike slip (largest value measured as of 10/23/1999), occurs on the Lavic Lake fault, near the epicenter in the Bullion Mountains (see Preliminary Fault-Slip Distribution from Geologic Investigations). For the whole fault zone, average surface displacement may approach 3 m. In the Bullion Mountains the surface faulting is relatively simple, with most displacement occurring on a single trace, or closely spaced parallel traces. However, to the north and south of the Bullion Mountains faulting patterns become quite complex and slip is distributed across broad zones of faults with various orientations.

On October 24, helicopter and ground reconnaissance teams found additional rupture within a zone that occurs southwest, and parallel to, the Bullion fault (shown in pink on the figure). The continuity and amount of right-lateral slip associated with this zone is presently unknown. In addition, small cracks, with no consistent lateral displacement have been observed near Lavic Road NE of Lavic Lake, and near Hector Mine (~ 8 km NW of Lavic Lake).

WHY THIS AREA NEEDS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HOW ABOUT EVERYONE CUT THE CRAP.
edit on 27-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

There is no smoke without fire my friend. Evaluation ; kindled .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
sorry i had 1969 in the title

And i dont think it applies to the topic,,
removed by me

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
and any ways it wasnt clouds was it phage ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

What is it then? Smoke? Ash?
Seems someone on the ground would have noticed.

edit on 7/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Southern California is one of the most seismically active regions in the United States. Such activity is due to the many active faults in the region and can easily be observed by gathering data of California quakes over the last twenty years. In this movie we use earthquake data recorded for southern California over the past 20 years (1982-2005) by the Anza Broadband Seismic Network. We color-code the earthquakes according to magnitudes: Yellow (M1-3), Green (M3-4), Blue (M4-5), Purple (M5-6), Pink (M6-7), and Red (7-8). Note the locations of the two largest earthquakes: the 1992 Landers earthquake (M7.3) and the 1999 Hector Mine earthquake (M7.1).

www.youtube.com...

Landers Earthquake

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What does it sound like ?

reply to post by ZIPMATT

What is it then? Smoke? Ash?
Seems someone on the ground would have noticed.

edit on 7/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

The Almighty asketh me ?? I thinkats thread link they could have noticed :

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
WHY THIS AREA NEEDS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HOW ABOUT EVERYONE CUT THE CRAP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join