It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom Built Weapon Platform..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'ts been almost 2 months now since i've mailed RFJ.. havent received a response yet.. as i understand they're buried in work... so... i thought id ask ATS.. i'm wanting an over/under .556/.223 over and an under of 12 g, on an AR type platform, with an option of changing uppers, to maybe .308, maybe .50 beowolf, maybe .50 cal..

A basic layout of my weapon desired..

1. AR platform
2. Over/Under 556/223 on top , 12 g under, with ability to change uppers..
3. Quad railed for multiple acessorries as i choose. optics/lights, NV, laser, bi pod
4. A single trigger mech, with a "switch/lever" on the side to distuinguish what barrel to fire..
5. both 556/223 and 12g semi-auto, with 556 being mag fed, & 12g being tube fed, as i wouldent want 2 mags hanging out the bottom...

My questions are...

is this even possible, with the single triger mech, and how would a tube fed semi auto work?

would the release of a 12g round ( magnum buck shot ) effect the optics of the precise 556?

would it be to heavy?... ima strong man so... but still carrying this would be much better than 2 weapons... ?

any ideas/comments/complaints/adjustments would be most appreciated ... thanks..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't know if it's possible or not, but that is now my new dream gun.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

I know right?...!! i"ve been shooting for 32 years.. and this to me,would be ultimate, including if the brown loafs splatter thru the fan...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes this is very much possible and relatively easy to do. All you need is a Bridgeport mill/lathe and some material, (titanium, chromoly, aluminum) depending on what part you are making, and some guns for parts. Oh yeah maybe a couple weeks of free time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I-Like-The-Way-You-Think!

2nd to say I want to shoot it.

3rd to say; call those "Sons of Guns" dudes...

Promise to come back and post or u2u me with a pic if you get it made?

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sounds like an AR with a Master Key short barreled shot gun mounted underneath. They are pumps. not semi.

You need to go and talk to a class 3 dealer in your state before you get your hopes up.

Depends on your state. If they say yes you have a $200 federal tax stamp to buy.Paperwork. You can never sell it only transfer it. Its a lot of hassle for not much benefit. Paperwork and tax stamp can take months.

If I was going to do something under an AR it would be 37mm and parachute flares. no paperwork and you can launch as may flares and smoke canisters as you can afford. Turn night into day. Now that is a real benefit.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by coldfiremx

Thats good to know.. but i don't have the knowledge to create such.. as RFJ does, their motto "if you can dream it, we can build it".. i'm waiting eagerly to hear a response from them.... thanks for letting me know..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

RFJ is "Sons of Guns...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

yep I didn't put acronym together with their name...... awesome post.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

couldn't i always add that?.. as i would love to... considering the quad rail.... ?

i'm not worried about state laws.... as im in a state that this type of weapon system would be legal..
edit on 26-7-2011 by snowman9364 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yea you say custom built your gonna have to actually make the pieces yourself. if i understand right you thinking about 2 'main' barrels dif caliber? then a underbarrel shotgun? sounds like some future # op but can probably be done, but 1 thing i think u would need seperate triggers 2 for dif calibers then the one on the shotty ill try n draw how i kinda visualized what u said. tell me what u think
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfecbac943d2.jpg[/atsimg]

see u got the two barrels dif clips for each near the back two triggers bottom 1 would jave to be worked on scope shotty near front trigger for it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not to derail the post, but it is RJF - Red Jacket Firearms.
www.redjacketfirearms.com...

Did you email the right people?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

yes 2 differennt chambered barrels...

top barrel would be either "hammer or pin", to fire the 556..
under barrel 12 g would (my guess be hammerless). consindering it would be concealed...a switch (on outside of weaponn) to differ between triggers and which barrel to fire..?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Yes Red Jacket Firearms is " The Sons of Guns"..

www.redjacketfirearms.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Check the thread by DaddyBare www.abovetopsecret.com... and the MGI company. www.mgi-military.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I got it...the mother of all guns...The AR-15/12ga/BAZOOKA !!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
to do it as a single trigger would be difficult if not impossible without switching over to Electronic triggers for both weapons....

Now as far as I know electronic triggers are legal and it could be done this way.

Now onto your tube fed semi auto shotgun. There are literally dozens of choices of off the shelf tube magazine fed semi auto shotguns which can be modified to fit under the barrel of your AR platform. Just so you know red jacket already makes a pump action shotgun and AR 15 combination gun. On that gun though you have a separate trigger for the 12 gauge.

All in all I'd say your idea is doable but will cost a pretty penny and you are talking about adding a lot of complexity to get two guns firing off of one trigger. I wish you luck and please do post if you do get it built.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364
reply to post by howmuch4another

RFJ is "Sons of Guns...
I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

i hope you're ready to shell out some dough for that. pretty amazing, but all the custom work will be expensive, and that will be a pretty heavy gun.

top topics

join