It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Faces of Norway Massacre Victims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow, it's quite surreal seeing the pictures of the victims.
To know they were all alive and kicking just a few days ago and now are all gone.

I don't see the point in being vengeful or whatever to the shooter though. I don't believe in evil people; I think anyone who can be so violent is not right in the head anyways, so hating them is essentially pointless. In fact I think people like that need our love more than anyone because obviously they are so devoid of love.

Putting Breivik to death would just be adding one more person to the death toll and honestly, I think he would be happy if Norway brought back the death penalty over anger due to his rampage, because Breivik was sickened by how nice and gentle the Norwegian people are. I think he is hoping this tragedy he caused makes Norway a more militant, unforgiving and intolerant society and sadly there's a good chance it just might.

From what I've heard, most Norwegians don't want revenge, they just feel the great loss and sorrow their country has experienced. Like the Amish, revenge isn't a part of their culture and personally I think people have a lot of nerve criticizing them for having no death penalty when their system fights crime much better than ours does.
edit on 27-7-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh and I think his dad was estranged from him before the shooting. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Breivik's issues come from his relationship with his father, so I wouldn't be so quick in praising his father for condemning his son.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Well if it was up to me, if I was to see a murder with my own eyes and saw the suspect, I would catch them hog tie them, torture them slowly with razor slices then cover the wounds with ammonia then execute them then I guess call the authorities. Sounds cruel, but I don't pity people who take lives of the innocent. Self justice could help reduce these kinds of things from happening.

You're a real hero arent you?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

First off I would like to say Hello and welcome to ATS. It seems like you made a wise choice of topic considering the fact you just made a new account. Hmmmmmmm, SyphonX is that you?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by m1991

First off I would like to say Hello and welcome to ATS. It seems like you made a wise choice of topic considering the fact you just made a new account. Hmmmmmmm, SyphonX is that you?

Nope I'm not him.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

With you on that Stop-loss ..

My son was in Italy on holiday when this all happened - I felt it for all of them, I just wanted my son with me right there and then!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

reply to post by m1991

Nope I'm not him.

How do you know that SyphonX is a him? Just assuming that syphonX is?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

reply to post by m1991

Nope I'm not him.

How do you know that SyphonX is a him? Just assuming that syphonX is?

I don't know, it sounds like a male username --- are they actually a girl?

But anyway --- I think you guys howling for Breivik's blood are totally missing the point. Maybe I'm not a very emotional person, but I just don't think revenge is the answer, I know it's really sad what happened to all those people, their families for sure are going to be in great pain for years, it will probably tear apart some of those families, cause some of the relatives to never feel happy again, i mean my God, it is a horrible event, but how does hating Breivik change anything?

Breivik hated the people he killed because he felt like they were traitors. He didn't kill them for fun, he killed them because he thought they deserved, in his own words, the 'death penalty', for allowing Muslims to live in Europe.

If we feel like the state should kill Breivik because he deserves the death penalty, how are we, at heart, any different from him? The only way to truly conquer violence is to abandon revenge. I'm surprised that even here on ATS where the average member is far more 'aware' of things than the average human being, people don't get that.

Not to Bible-bash I'm not even a Christian actually, but Jesus said something very wise, that anyone who hates his brother is a murderer in their heart, and no murderer has the kingdom of heaven in them. Every person who's ever contributed to the hate and conflict between liberals and conservatives, in a small way, is responsible and guilty for the murders in Norway, because without that negative energy, Breivik would have had no motivation for his crimes. I'm not saying he isn't responsible I'm just saying people are not islands and every choice we make is in some way influenced by our peers.
edit on 27-7-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't think I mentioned me personally doing something to Breivik for he is in a different realm of my current location. I believe I did say that anyone who is like Breivik, or has the means to do such harm to others that are good descent people, and if I was to run into them personally they would be dealt with accordingly. I guess people are failing to see that. Scroll up through the pages, and tell me where I ever mentioned I would do something to Breivik personally? I believe this is the first post I even mentioned his name.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I don't think I mentioned me personally doing something to Breivik for he is in a different realm of my current location. I believe I did say that anyone who is like Breivik, or has the means to do such harm to others that are good descent people, and if I was to run into them personally they would be dealt with accordingly. I guess people are failing to see that. Scroll up through the pages, and tell me where I ever mentioned I would do something to Breivik personally? I believe this is the first post I even mentioned his name.

I wasn't talking about you in particular, I was more just bashing the concept of wasting energy hating him in general.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well if he was dead already then there should be no reason to hate him, but since he is still alive I will continue to hate the person he had become which is a psychopathic killer that likes to kill innocent people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well if he was dead already then there should be no reason to hate him, but since he is still alive I will continue to hate the person he had become which is a psychopathic killer that likes to kill innocent people.

that's your choice, im just saying it does nothing. he probably wants people to hate him.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I get your point but at the same time we are all indoctrinated a little bit from a young age I don't mean extremely or anything like that even though some are and they don't even go to such camps a lot of indoctrination does come from home. However as we all know for many people our viewpoints change as we get older. We experience more and therefore we change our opinions on things who's to say that those who went to those camps wouldn't change their opinions either. Who knows how many of them were forced to be at such camps it doesn't necessarily mean they believed everything that was said there.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

well he did a good job of that a lot of people hate him and they should. If we hate him it's bad if we love him it's even worse people should just make their mind up. I know it doesn't do anything and it's a waste of time but what would be more ignorant hating him or just didn't care about the whole situation?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

exactly it's only natural to hate people like that. We all hate someone.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

But he's the one who does deserve to die. If he hadn't kill those people we wouldn't have to add to the death toll. And it's not cause he lacks love that's not why he killed those people.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Talk about no remorse way to go pops.

There's no remorse for people like this, or like Loughner. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to take the life of innocent children, let alone any other innocent people, and ever have a chance at freedom again.

Anders Breivik needs to be executed as soon as possible to rid this earth of his presence.

While I can definitely relate to the emotions behind your response, I have to disagree. There is too much to be learned here. If we were to find the handbook to a satanic cult that sacrifices children, drinks blood, keeps sex slaves, etc., would we burn the book without reading it so as to facilitate the removal of evil from our presence as fast as possible? Execution is such a light, lenient punishment for a man like this that it actually makes me furious to think about it. As far as feeding him? One measely meal per day to keep him alive wouldn't cost much. He could be rewarded with a second meal if he has been forthcoming with information requested by his interrogators. The meals could consist of leftover scraps from other prisoners... Half eaten apples that have just started to turn brown, stale bread, the last bits of milk or juice collected from several cups to make a full cup. Meal preperation would be done by another prisoner. He could sleep on concrete, and other aspects of his living conditions could be adjusted to match our best definition of misery and agony, with small rewards for cooperation. When you sleep on concrete and eat leftovers, a pillow would be a great motivator to tell all. A team of different doctors and scientists could assist in directing the interrogation as to extract as much knowledge as possible and to prevent this from happening in the future. Who knows, maybe they will discover that he is a mind control victim, or that flouride caused his brain to cease functioning properly by swaying him toward extremist views. There is so much we don't know... Perhaps a lot they don't want us to know. Even if it was just a lone madman who acheived this all by himself without the help of brainwashing or chemical agents poisoning his mind, that in and of itself is deserving of a closer study.

In closing, a quick execution would be a great disservice to our society in more than one way, by both letting him off easy, and by throwing away any knowledge that may be gleaned from this individual. At the very least he must have knowledge of criminal activities that could lead to several arrests and prevent further catastrophy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

i need to say that i don't hate anyone. I don't hate at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The sad reality of this is that a bunch of people were killed because some guy did not agree with a government policy. Killed because this guy did not agree with Norway's "Open Border Policy" that he felt was going to bring the country down. The guy had a vendetta against the Norwegian government and these folks were there at the wrong place and wrong time. Yet, he obviously did not care for anyone else's life other than his when he carried out this act of violence

There's just some sick, sick, SICK people. Mentally sick. People are sick when they do something like this... People are sick when they do something like that, absolutely friicking sick. Those are some sick people, sick in the head.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cayla19
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I get your point but at the same time we are all indoctrinated a little bit from a young age I don't mean extremely or anything like that even though some are and they don't even go to such camps a lot of indoctrination does come from home. However as we all know for many people our viewpoints change as we get older. We experience more and therefore we change our opinions on things who's to say that those who went to those camps wouldn't change their opinions either. Who knows how many of them were forced to be at such camps it doesn't necessarily mean they believed everything that was said there.

Very true. They may not have been there by choice, or maybe down the line they would have changed their viewpoints. It's possible. It's also true that to some point we are also indoctrinated in our own homes, but speaking from experience, when it's not your parents who are indoctrinating you, they tend to be a lot less careful when brainwashing these kids. When focusing on children, political parties can be ruthless as they cram their viewpoints down their throats. I've seen and experienced it first-hand. It's a lot more direct than what you might get at home. If I had been left there for much longer and if my parents didn't have opposing viewpoints who knows what I might believe today. Kids are extremely impressionable. The longer they remain under their control, the less of a chance they'll have to be able to think for themselves on the issues. I've seen the comparatively mild liberal forms of indoctrination in my University, and it wasn't pretty. Some students seemed almost rabid when repeating what the professors taught, and any opposing viewpoint was shut down almost immediately either with insults or with flawed logic. Take highly religious people for example. If they are being taught to fear God for years on end, it will be extremely difficult for them to start believing anything else. People who had been recruited or who were born into religious cults have had to battle with themselves to start believing something other than what they were taught all their lives. I know someone who's going through that right now, and it's not easy for her despite the fact that she knows it's bad for her. It's not easy switching views just like that.

I don't know how most of these kids ended up in a political camp. I can only guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join