It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for true stories of Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok. So what I'm looking for is the names of some books that tell the truth about the President's terms in office. I'm not looking for books on Bush or Obama. I'm looking for maybe FDR? Lincoln? Teddy Roosevelt. A book that doesn't just glorify these men as great. I want their good times and bad times. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Pretty good documentary.. I recommend watching all 8 parts..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by markrob23

I read an excellent book on Lincoln recently, it was called "Looking for Lincoln" and it had stories and photos from every stage of his life. There was a lot in there I didn't know and there were many pictures I had never seen before. He really was an amazing man and endured more hardship than any other president

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There are many good, unbiased, biographies of U.S. Presidents that have been published over the years.

Truman by David G.McCullough is a terrific biography of President Harry Truman and is very objective and unbiased.

John Adams, also by David McCullough is excellent as well

Abraham Lincoln ( The Presidents Series) by George S. McGovern is said to be excellent, although I haven't read it yet.

You also might just want to browse Amazon.com's book section on Presidential biographies and read the reviews of other Amazon customers. That has always worked pretty well for me. Good luck and happy holidays.

top topics

join