It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies created...sorta...in mice. Aggression virus created

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The news is becoming a bit more like fiction really.
Taken straight from the concept of 28 days later:

Source

CalTech Researchers Find a Toggle Switch for Mouse, and Perhaps Human, Aggression

snippit of relevance:

But even more interestingly, the researchers found that aggression is triggered by a specific tangle of neurons. By inserting a bunch of custom-made viruses carrying a modified piece of DNA into the mouse’s brain, the researchers were able to make this region photosensitive to blue light. In other words, the researchers could now turn it on and off like a switch. With their blue light switched on, the researchers found that no matter what they put in the cage or what kind of threat it represented--another male mouse, a female mouse, an anesthetized mouse, a dummy--their test subject would attack indiscriminately.

ok, long story short...they studied mice and found how to turn them into either total hippy peaceniks, or agressive madmouse's that would attack and kill...they introduce this through means of a virus.

Now, consider military applications...and also consider its a VIRUS.

Yep.
Load up on ammo...suddenly left 4 dead became less a game and more a survival documentry.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed65529f437.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 26-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: edited title for more fitting understanding

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I watched Waterboy and already know the Medulla oblongata is what one needs to screw around with to make something irritable and mean.

So.. a few mice escape the lab and go on to create the zombie hoards? Jaysus... I need more ammo...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I watched Waterboy and already know the Medulla oblongata is what one needs to screw around with to make something irritable and mean.

So.. a few mice escape the lab and go on to create the zombie hoards? Jaysus... I need more ammo...

Well, the mice is just step 1. no doubt they are considering how to use this research on creating a sort of controlled virus to help overly agressive people to calm down into sedation...extremely violent criminals, etc.

Of course thats all they would do with it...they would never use this to let loose a virus in a population that would cause incredible rage on oehters...and its a virus after all, just take some pills and it should clear up

(We are soo doomed.)

Incidently, I created another thread about how the UK has greenlighted animal/human hybrids for medical purposes...so, even if they decide not to open pandoras box and use this on humans...it still has the possibility of mutation through the hybrids.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Imfamous rage virus or what ever it will be called. SMH hope they keep them all contained HOPES.

Good find SaturnFX

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Imfamous rage virus or what ever it will be called. SMH hope they keep them all contained HOPES.

Good find SaturnFX

Its fairly unnerving, isn't it.
Its almost just paranoid fiction, but its in popsci and not april 1st...seems legit..they have indeed figured out how to create a rage virus.

But...ya, not zombies, they are infected...don't want the last days to be bickering with some zombie purists on what exactly they are.

going to be watching this very closely...I wonder though

If 28 days later is a sort of illuminati built in your face type movie (like some claim Deep Impact is to comet elenin)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, jokes aside, it wouldnt take much for the masses to be extremely violent and murderous. Wouldnt even take a virus.

Ive been keeping up on the hybrids and different articles of virus manipulation. This is only one of a plethora of current research that could very well cause major havok in a population. I wonder why we ( humans) are always looking into dark things and not paying attention to more positive things. Guess the money/power isnt in caring for your current and future fellow humans

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well, jokes aside, it wouldnt take much for the masses to be extremely violent and murderous. Wouldnt even take a virus.

Ive been keeping up on the hybrids and different articles of virus manipulation. This is only one of a plethora of current research that could very well cause major havok in a population. I wonder why we ( humans) are always looking into dark things and not paying attention to more positive things. Guess the money/power isnt in caring for your current and future fellow humans

I think it comes down to, whatever kills man more creatively tends to get big money backing it...so, although a rainbow making machine would be great...its probably more profitable to find a way to quietly kill an entire population...

Follow the money.

Incidently, military spending is at an all time high...I suspect its not because we are buying more bullets

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I think it comes down to, whatever kills man more creatively tends to get big money backing it...so, although a rainbow making machine would be great...its probably more profitable to find a way to quietly kill an entire population...

Follow the money.

Incidently, military spending is at an all time high...I suspect its not because we are buying more bullets

who cares about rainbow making machines.

We are still using 50-60 yr old insufficient anti rejection drugs for transplant patients and have pathetic pain management meds that we are running out of in local hospitals. Theyre killing people with substitutes due to this "shortage". Just a few simple things that could benefit many people.. and is neglected in light of nefarious virus manipulation. As if we need one more thing that is harmful to us.

As far as mil spending.. I know.
One should wonder in what things this is actually channeled into.. and not the surface things. We still have pathetic personal armor and vehicle armor, outdated , dangerous and ineffective vaccination for mil personnel, etc etc.. and they claim we dont have the funds to properly equip in a war zone, yet somehow we are at an all time high on spending. wink wink nod nod...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What sort of sick F#cks are they hiring at Caltech. In the article they refer to allowing these rage infected mice to attack anesthetized mice. This is just the sort of thing we need ethics tribunals for. Mind you this is only the stuff we are hearing about. There are other countries overseas which have no ethics when testing viruses on human prisoners.

Ok reading more they have enabled this virus to be photosensitive and work both ways. Which means they can turn it on and off using say a blue light.

The opposite also held. By silencing that nerve cluster, the researchers could render their mouse non-aggressive, even in the presence of a threatening male.

Could we be seeing a solution to prison populations and riots? Induce the virus to the population shine some blue light and instant mind control to stop potential for any violent thought.... I just had a chill as Free will tapped me on the shoulder and said I'm concerned.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Shirak because: More concerns

edit on 26-7-2011 by Shirak because: Add image of part of brain it affects

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have thought for some time that a 28days later scenario is much, much, more likely than a traditional zombie. But a lot of people even think something like that is impossible, I don't.

There is some fungus or bacteria or something that can take over an ant's brain (I think it was ants) and control it. There are things like rabies that cause extreme violence in animals. Now this.

I really have no doubt, that in the future, it's possible there could be SOMETHING that is basically straight out of 28 days later. Whether or not it would actually spread and cause a huge issue, I don't know. But I would imagine it would spread better than traditional zombies would, because a rager might still maintain most, if not all, of it's former intelligence, which would make it a much more dangerous foe.

Almost like the flood from Halo. Or the reapers I think they were called in Firefly/Serenity. That was basically the same thing, they used a chemical to try and make the population more docile and less aggressive. It worked too well in some people, and had the opposite effect on others, making, in effect, SPACE ZOMBIES or SPACE RAGERS.

Scary stuff, mainly because I don't really see it as being impossible.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I remember that hey the ragers in Serenity scenario is very interesting as the study is into no only how to make a mouse a rager but also to make it docile turn off its ability to fight. When pharmacorp gets this perfected it will be able to sell to governments world wide an alternative to fluoride in the water. Manufactured to control population.

They have made it so that it can be triggered with a blue light. Population is infected. TV commercial comes on with blue light and message from (Pharmacorp) Population accepts message.....
edit on 26-7-2011 by Shirak because: Add some more

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So the rage virus is real now?

Now i am officially paranoid.

Thanks to bring this up, SaturnFX.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
S&F Saturn.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the inquisition would have had access to this kind of technology. Oh wait, we have the same kind of nutcases running things today. "You will be assimilated!"

Seriously, if they would only put this kind of effort into making the world a better place for everyone but themselves. We could seriously be living in a near paradise on this planet.

But instead:

I think I like yours better though.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

there is also some bug that sheep eat can eat which makes them zombie like also.

plus I imagine a hybrid rabies/voodoo zombie/pcp feind what pretty much be a zombie especially with OP mixed in. It is highly feasible, lest we zombie "truthers" will be ridiculed til Z-day..

I would choose Zombies over NWO prison planet or Falling Skies (tv).. ONLY if walking dead style,,, nO way 28 days/weeks style, YIKES! OOh OOOH can't wait for 28 months later !!!! or walking dead season 2, or zombie planet 3..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Dayum. Id have never thougth the Z.A. would come via mouse infected virus..but the black Plague was spread with the help of rats and fleas...so....ya ifn this virus got outta control..mutated in just the right ways...omg...DOOM!!!! S&F

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

there are medications on the market that can cause aggressive behavior, if you stop taking them for more then a week to two weeks with no supervision, this is why they dispence one scrip (or medication)(30 days) at a time, the meds given are per that persons condition if they needed, and are short term, combo meds are given in house (hospitals) where dosages are controlled and can be long term. Ask or check out web site on this Meds,(seroquel, abilify, resperdal) they start with the low dosage, then increase as needed, water taste funny lately, check ATS for that subjuct matter -Peace
edit on 29-7-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Its the crazies you have to see.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wouldnt REALLY call it zombie mice, because the entire problem with zombies is that they dont feel pain and they have a serious case of the munchies. Also, there is the fact that people would need to be hit by that blue light to become infuriated, unless the virus mutates on further.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Sorry but the anti rejection meds are now bang up to date in most parts of the UK....Cyclosporin has now been replaced with Tacrolimus (and Cellcept) since 2006, much less side effects and longer prognosis for the transplanted organ. I dont know about other organs, but all anti rejection drugs are Nephrotoxic. Also, people pre 2006 transplants have had relatively no issues with the older anti rejection drugs and choose to use them ~ I know people who have been taking them since the 70s and happy to do so.

Back to the topic...I think so many disasters have occurred worldwide that preparations are becoming more necessary, we had major flooding here 2 years ago, and severe snow at Christmas last year, both times supplies of the basics were short and our local governments issued emergency preparedness leaflets. I hope there is nothing terrible expected by the people in the know, but everyone should be prepared to an extent....have you got enough water to last 3-5 days if and when the SHTF? We have...

Oh dear! I just realised I followed a link from where I was going to originally post (which was relevant to my comment) and ended up here
I'll leave it here anyways...sorry that it kinda went off topic for this thread

edit on 7-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
why are these scientists not being sanctioned we you play with nature like this nothing good can come of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join