It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slips and Olde England...maybe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
or maybe more travelers like Dr. David Anderson and A. Basiago

www.projectpegasus.net...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have had an experience like this many years ago, and it was only seeing this thread that has brought the memory of it back to me.

I was out on a work night out and we had just finished having a meal together. I had had a couple of drinks but certainly wasn't drunk as the night was still young. We had decided to go on to a local wine bar and then on to a nightclub much later in the evening. I had persuaded one of my work mates not to go home early as planned and to come with us to the wine bar. My work mate said he would call his wife to tell her he was going to be home late. Since he had very little credit on his mobile. I passed him my mobile as I had unlimited minutes.

As we were walking down towards the wine bar, it started to thunder and begin lashing down with heavy rain. At this point, we all began to run down the road, my mate was still chatting to his wife on my phone. All I can remember is a sudden very bright flash, almost like lightning going right off in my face, it was blinding, and I stopped running. I don't know what happened next, but when I opened my eyes we were near the wine bar. Everybody was chatting and being jovial as if nothing had happened. The rain had stopped and the storm seemed to have passed. I was totally confused and trying to process how we had got across town in the blink of an eye. The wine bar was a good ten minutes walk from where the restaurant had been, yet here we were about to go inside. It was like I had been snatched from reality and then popped back in. Everything seemed hazy and a bit unreal until I regained my focus.

I turned to my mate and asked him for my phone back. He looked at me stupid and declared that he had given me my phone back ten minutes ago. He made a joke about how many beers had I sunk at the restaurant? I felt in my coat pocket and sure enough, the phone was there. I know this sounds crazy, but i have no recollection of that walk to the wine bar, no memory of him giving me the phone back, and despite the jokes my mate made, I definitely was not drunk. Has anybody had this before? Can anybody explain what may have happened in that time period? But most importantly, how did I forget this even happened until now?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gman1803

Cool story. I'd like to experience something similar to a 'time-slip' and see if my skepticism could tell the difference between really weird or really psychological? Even better, it'd be great if a famous skeptic had an experience and couldn't squeeze it into any of the explanations they'd applied to everyone else...

Over the years I've had a few odd experiences and a handful of them have proven that skepticism doesn't always matter in separating realreality from what you think is reality!

No idea in other words.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It sounds nothing like derealisation. I suffer from that myself and it does not alter you perception like that, you are still in the normalk world things just feel a little unfamiliar but you are still aware of whats going on. So derealisation is a rubbish even laughable explanation for this. And as you mention deffinately not a group activity. I love these time slip cases, absolutely fascinating.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gman1803

Wow interesting story, yet confusing I imagine. I have heard something very simular to that. A friend of mine said he was sitting on a car bonet havin a smoke with his mate. They noticed something weird in the sky n were watching it and then there was a flash from the side of the drive and then they said time had litterally skipped half hour and the cigerette has all but diminshed to nothing. Both of them recalled the experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by reptiliannogmar

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by reptiliannogmar

I'm no stranger to psilocybe...years ago. The thing is, these guys are 15 year old boys in the 1950s on a recce for the Naval Cadets. It's before Flower Power or recreational drug use...there's no suspicion that they'd been on a psychedelic trip.

Could have ate some amantia muscaria

Ergot poisoning could be a possibility.
It's also been blamed for the hysteria surrounding the Salem Witch trials.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Was very confusing. I thought I was losing my mind when it happened. I can recall now that for weeks after, I did google different articles relating to stuff like this as it had got me so freaked. Yet after a time, I must have totally forgotten about it, until I saw this thread and the memory resurfaced.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Great thread my friend. As a child i experienced a similar phenomenon with my friends... crawling through a hedge and entering what appeared to be another realm. When you are younger it doesnt seem odd, so you dont notice, however as you grow older you tell yourself it was just your imagination. sad really.

Could you elaborate? You can't just start a post like this and leave us all hanging.

What happened after you crawled through the hedge?
edit on 27-7-2011 by Junkheap because: The blue fuzzy thing told me to.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by reptiliannogmar

To OP. - Yes the story is truly facinating and problery fictional as well still nice though.

Reptiliannogmar, I tryed something similair before. I had a party lasting for three days - Thursday to sunday. We didnt sleep but used a lot of drugs. On the second day getting closer to the third I started to see invisible beings. There was # loads of insects. They where like in another dimension or something like that. Spiders crawling all over the walls and on the table etc. For some reason I wasnt afraid even though I dont like spiders much.

It was really just like I saw into another dimension or something like that.

After convincing myself that it was problery just in my mind, I started to feel a little better again.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I always enjoy time-slip stories even though I think time travel is impossible. Presuming the story is "true" as perceived by these boys, if not the mushroom or Ergot ingestion, then mold or gas that put them in suggestible state where they built the shared hallucination by talking each other through it and it became "real" to them.

As for the fellow with the time blank, my brother went through this all the time. He had epilepsy and more frustrating than the petit mal and grand mal seizures were the unnoticed ones, which started, left him functional, then ended and he'd forget everything in between. These were normally brought on by, yes, lightning storms or power surges.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
to Gman1803
I have had this happen but it was when I was driving home from work alot same place every time same road to highway intersection so I had to still be in control of my actions but it was also right after I got off work every time so it could have been my mind going on auto pilot for a short period or a state of relaxation where the brain stops recording memory or something to that effect I have had it happen when walking across town also but not nearly as often. do you remember thinking any thing at the time cause I cant and by that I mean the missing time. Btw I dont do drugs or drink so its not directly related to that.

To whoever is saying you cant have group derealization its more like one person is having it and is surounded by easly influnced people usually the others dont see it untill you say something about it or point something out that seams out of the ordanary and it does spread its just very rare.
edit on 27-7-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There is a street in my hometown of Liverpool's city centre called Bold street that has had lots of reports of timeslips:

en.wikipedia.org...

Link to the stories:

www.parascience.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

Hi,

Could be awesome if someone blew up something at the time slip or just start kicking people or something to see if it would make "tomorrows" news or if it would be in the news from 50-60. he he.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

The sticking-point of the account, for me, is the boys seeing the rotting carcasses of oxen through the dirty windows. Derealisation wouldn't account for this scenario. That full carcasses would be in a building, as opposed to an abattoir, is peculiar enough; placing it in 1957 is even more unusual.

The ergot idea that's been suggested by a few posters isn't an attractive one. It's been used as a one-stop-shop explanation for decades and covers ghosts, UFOs, witches and now 'time-slips.' The problem is that the amount of ergot they'd need to have eaten would have kicked in the gag-reflex. From where did they get the ergot-affected bread or other food? Likewise, the descriptions of silence doesn't chime with the typical hallucinatory experience where all the senses are sensitised...hence psychedelic music.

Derealisation and being high could account for some aspects of the experience. Can they explain why they saw nobody, heard no sounds and saw the mouldy carcasses of dead livestock? It's puzzling stuff!

reply to post by MrKipling

There is a street in my hometown of Liverpool's city centre called Bold street that has had lots of reports of timeslips:

I know the place well and miss the Christian Bros selling cheap fruit near the top! Round Xmas 2002/3, there was a power-cut in the Berry Street/Bold Street area and it made Bold Street seem like it had gone back in time. The place seemed more magical and, for some reason, much quieter. That was back when the Cafe Tabac did a great breakfast!

edit on 27-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbnn
I always enjoy time-slip stories even though I think time travel is impossible. Presuming the story is "true" as perceived by these boys, if not the mushroom or Ergot ingestion, then mold or gas that put them in suggestible state where they built the shared hallucination by talking each other through it and it became "real" to them.

As for the fellow with the time blank, my brother went through this all the time. He had epilepsy and more frustrating than the petit mal and grand mal seizures were the unnoticed ones, which started, left him functional, then ended and he'd forget everything in between. These were normally brought on by, yes, lightning storms or power surges.

Time blanks I hope its not epilepsy. But thanks for the info on it. Thats scary.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Nope your right the ods would be quit high for it to happen but shared hallucinations would wich can happen with out drugs of any kind all it takes is a suggestive and a suggestable mind in sink not likely for 3 but not unheard of for young kids they could have seen anything and mistaken it for a dead animal like a pile of berlap sacks perhaps. I have seen groups of 5 kids share hallucinations with no object their at all (it was a blur walking down the hallway). Altho none as indepth as the one described in story so I cant say its real. but I cant really discredit it either. But I can tell you the time blanks that I have experinced the time was the same from the last time I remembered to the time I came back wondering how did I get 4mi down the road and turn on to the highway.
edit on 27-7-2011 by jonco6 because: I mean the ods would be quite low lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Love this topic! There was a good thread on this stuff not too long ago.....here's the link if anyone is interested. Inadvertent Time Travelers Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I think I came across that article a long time from now.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I know the place well and miss the Christian Bros selling cheap fruit near the top! Round Xmas 2002/3, there was a power-cut in the Berry Street/Bold Street area and it made Bold Street seem like it had gone back in time. The place seemed more magical and, for some reason, much quieter. That was back when the Cafe Tabac did a great breakfast!

Heheh I know exactly where you mean.. They disappeared for a while (maybe they made a fortune in the 1950's? :lol
but they are back now albeit a lot smaller..

I work about 5 mins walk from there

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great thread OP I love to read about time slips. Could it be possible the soldiers were part of '___' testing? The US and UK tested it on alot of soldiers around that time period.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join