It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change for the better in the white house....How to elect officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was thinking what if instead of just voting on people based on their beliefs, if we had a tryout like professional sports?

Think about this, whoever wants a position depending on what position they are interested have to devise a plan to better the USA and run it by the citizens to vote?? Wouldn't this be more productive than the person with the most money to campaign wins??

If you want to be in the defense department, you must "tryout" for the position by putting a plan in place that the voters agree with and that is how you are voted into a position, and at any time the voters can kick you off the team just like in sports....

So this means they work their way in and have to continue to work to better the USA or they are kicked off the team...

Now unlike pensions like right now, they get paid more as a salary and have no government pensions but must be required to work like the rest of us and build their 401K plans, or manage investments before they can retire, unlike they do now.

If I am not mistaken just because you are in a position of power, you are still a citizen and not anyone anymore special than you or I.....Why the special treatment??

Please weigh in with your thoughts or improvements you think could be made to this plan and I really hope the government agencies read this and would support a massive change like this to better the entire USA, and not just them...

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing what you have to say about this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
HOw about..you got the job* but yo mess up bad, the executioner and chopping block await* that should send a clear message not too screw up. or yank pulled out of office and tar n fearthered in public shame and embarrasment? bet that would keep many in line* youde only get sincerely dedicated politicians who care then about the common good of us. caught steeling and funneling money? easy..off with yuor hands.
cant think of anything else more downt o earth to theach other humans, what is acceptable and isnt* re eaching, handshakes, penmenship..dosnt work. it just opens doors and weakens our laws to thier benefit.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yes exactly, we need a better system in place this is what is tearing us apart piece by piece right now and I wish there was something we could do to change it!! It's a little extreme what you were mentioning but the picture is about the same....

If you do bad, you don't have a job.....If you don't consistently produce as a high paid elected official, we don't want you!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
HOw about..you got the job* but yo mess up bad, the executioner and chopping block await* that should send a clear message not too screw up. or yank pulled out of office and tar n fearthered in public shame and embarrasment?

Agreed.

Should implement the same plan for federal and state prisons. If you get caught red handed on murder, theft, rape, child or wife abuser, selling drugs or weapons illegally, illegal immigrants etc. without a doubt then off to the chopping block.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

Originally posted by ziggy1706
HOw about..you got the job* but yo mess up bad, the executioner and chopping block await* that should send a clear message not too screw up. or yank pulled out of office and tar n fearthered in public shame and embarrasment?

Agreed.

Should implement the same plan for federal and state prisons. If you get caught red handed on murder, theft, rape, child or wife abuser, selling drugs or weapons illegally, illegal immigrants etc. without a doubt then off to the chopping block.

So...under that, if you sell drugs, and someone seen you sell it, you might as well kill all witnesses considering its not like you will somehow get a worse treatment by murdering everyone verses just selling drugs and being executed.

Fairly bad plan...a progressive punishment scale is required so people don't kill others over a theft or some such...you give incentive for progressing crimes with that method.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I must say I do like your idea, but sadly we the little people have great ideas and it seems on the surface, no where to go with them. Quite frustrating it is.

In keeping with your thought though, I have always said the people should just strike. So, it would be like a players strike from your point of view. Everybody just stay home for a couple days and let it all come to a standstill. Yes, you may need emergency type things, or hospital etc., but for the most part, everyone just stay home and enjoy a couple days while they figure out what to do. No shopping, because no one will be there to serve you because they stayed home as well, no McDonalds, no Hair dresser, the list goes on as Im sure you can figure out. Just a big fat headlines the next day, "The People Strike" They've Had Enough." They say Fix it NOW.

Like you I suppose as I said we can have great ideas and they will go no where... sigh, The good news though, they can't take our dreams.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh, and incidently, for the whole discussion...

You will rarely find in a republic, a politician that isn't considered corrupt or messing up somehow by the majority of the people...the people require someone to blame for all their issues, therefore they point the finger at the suits verses take responsibility.

So, what your doing is in essence, creating a slaughterhouse for your favorite suit of the week...aka, you are proposing an anarchy considering no thinking man would ever take the position.

If you want to make enemys, change something.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The only way I feel a change can or will be made is by force...I don't mean weapons, but I couldn't agree with how you put it more....Imagine the Billions of dollars lost nationwide from a "strike" for a couple days!! We the people would need a standing representative to tell the government what we demand in return....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I would think the Constitution would be a good place to start! Glad someone likes my idea and yes I do think it would make a huge impact in numbers which seems to be the only thing they understand, ie, what their pocket lost for the day.

new topics

top topics

join