It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation. A different perspective.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What if when we die, we pick up where we left off in a different body?
What if time wasn't real and we were with this future body right now?

What if we were simultaneously here and on a different planet at a different time as part of some never ending stream of intelligent enhancement.

What if part of the enhancement at one point included an awareness of this stream? What if we became so advanced that we played an active role in our enhancement?

How great are we?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
How great are we?

Not nearly as great as we think we are. We're not even good. We've got a long way to go.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A materialist/atheist would tell you it's all fairy tales, delusions, and that we're nothing. No more important and barely any different than any other animal or form of life. I don't know the extent to which human existentialism entwines with the concept of spirit, but I don't think we're merely matter either. As for reincarnation, who knows; I haven't come to any conclusion about it and probably won't (until perhaps following "death").

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

How great are we?

Not nearly as great as we think we are. We're not even good. We've got a long way to go.

But what if we are already there is part of what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
A materialist/atheist would tell you it's all fairy tales, delusions, and that we're nothing. No more important and barely any different than any other animal or form of life. I don't know the extent to which human existentialism entwines with the concept of spirit, but I don't think we're merely matter either. As for reincarnation, who knows; I haven't come to any conclusion about it and probably won't (until perhaps following "death").

Atheists then can't believe in progression. So how do they think we got to where we are today?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What if my sh!t turned purple and smelled like rainbow sherbet

Sorry, just a lot of 'what ifs' for me.

One thing I believe is that regardless of how great we are, our technology will keep us from ever advancing our minds. These days, there is little need to rely on or stimulate the deeper parts of our mind, ergo they will never develop, ergo we will never be that great.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How great are we?

What practical use could this possibly be though? What if I had a bajillion dollars on Neptune? Can I spend it now on Earth?
edit on 26-7-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

How great are we?

What practical use could this possibly be though? What if I had a bajillion dollars on Neptune? Can I spend it now on Earth?

You could spend it on Neptune. I was just trying to help people see their potential.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
What if my sh!t turned purple and smelled like rainbow sherbet

Sorry, just a lot of 'what ifs' for me.

One thing I believe is that regardless of how great we are, our technology will keep us from ever advancing our minds. These days, there is little need to rely on or stimulate the deeper parts of our mind, ergo they will never develop, ergo we will never be that great.

What exactly do you mean by 'stimulate our minds'? We have soooooo much to do that with. Technology doesn't stop us from thinking, others convince people to stop thinking. People use technology to produce the Disney channel and I'm fairly convinced that the programming on that station is a MAJOR problem for the intellectual viability of our future generations, not the TV itself.

link   
I don't really see where you're going with this...
2nd line
3rd line

link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What potential? I'm on Earth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But will you always be?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But will you always be?

Reincarnation is a relocation of perception. Right now I'm perceiving myself on Earth. If there is another me on Neptune living a fabulously wealthy life, then for all intents and purposes he is a different person due to his different perspective and memories. How am I fulfilling MY potential by living a life that my perception had nothing to do with? And if I have no perception of the reincarnation, what is the practical use of such an experience?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But will you always be?

Reincarnation is a relocation of perception. Right now I'm perceiving myself on Earth. If there is another me on Neptune living a fabulously wealthy life, then for all intents and purposes he is a different person due to his different perspective and memories. How am I fulfilling MY potential by living a life that my perception had nothing to do with? And if I have no perception of the reincarnation, what is the practical use of such an experience?

It would be your different perception in a different place.

There is not practical use now, but in the future if you ever gained perception of it, then it would give you insight on your progression.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What exactly do you mean by 'stimulate our minds'? We have soooooo much to do that with. Technology doesn't stop us from thinking, others convince people to stop thinking. People use technology to produce the Disney channel and I'm fairly convinced that the programming on that station is a MAJOR problem for the intellectual viability of our future generations, not the TV itself.

Well, I'd respond with a yes, a no, and a maybe. Yes, creation of technology isn't so much a negative, but more so the uses, as you pointed out, and TV is probably the best example. What better way to get your kid to stop bothering you then to plop them down in front of the old boob tube. Learning has become a chore for kids. Instead of wanting to learn more, they avoid it.

No, Medicine has become overcomplicated. Take 'A' to cure 'B', then take 'C' to offset side effect 'D' caused by 'A'... and so on. We think we know the simple stuff, so we don't try to fix problems at the beginning of the process, we fix it at the end, which really limits our ability to gain the best intelligence. We should really try to come up with a better process to start with. Unfortunately, greed is a huge factor in why we don't operate this way, but that's a whole nother conversation.

My 'maybe' response is in regard to intelligent enhancement vs being great. Intelligent enhancement means learning, which creating technology can help with, but being great comes from evolving, which I feel technology is detrimental to. I was focusing more on 'being great' in my response, saying that technology creates the lack of a need to evolve.
edit on 7/26/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What if when we die, we pick up where we left off in a different body?
What if time wasn't real and we were with this future body right now?

What if we were simultaneously here and on a different planet at a different time as part of some never ending stream of intelligent enhancement.

What if part of the enhancement at one point included an awareness of this stream? What if we became so advanced that we played an active role in our enhancement?

How great are we?

So youre talking about simultaneous incarnations? That sounds similar to what the Matrix 5ers believe.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

I fully agree that the uses of technology today are mostly horrendous. I just don't like placing the stigma on the objects we produce as opposed to the people who use them. It's sad that people don't see how important stimulation is to a young mind as they let Disney do the babysitting.

And I'm not trying to harp on Disney or TV. It's just a perfect example of how people view technology. Somewhere along the line of history we decided that advancement best serves us when it lets us do absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have an idea, that for most people, there are actually multiple incarnations - we are all separate individuals, however, whilst in a body, the person that we are is hard to define because generally a human body contains a singluar point of perspective for all the individuals that happen to be incarnated within it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I just don't like placing the stigma on the objects we produce as opposed to the people who use them.

I totally agree. There's nothing better than genuine inspiration that is achieved as a result of being intelligent.

But as I showed with medicine, the sheer desire to create something new and better can blind us from the problems that we already have. A great example would be creating a car that gets better gas mileage as opposed to creating a car that runs on something more efficient then gas. If you were to try and create a more efficient car, would you not just assume it would run on gas? I probably would, and I think 99.9+% of the world probably would. That is a HUGE problem. Like I said, we tend to try to fix the problem at the end, rather then the beginning. This can be attributed to our laziness as humans, which you concisely describe in the quote below.

Somewhere along the line of history we decided that advancement best serves us when it lets us do absolutely nothing.

Nicely said.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OP, I believe what you are describing is a type of parallel universe.

I am still on the fence with this idea but I am leaning toward it does exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join