It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Yes, I do think they would vote for a buffoon. Bush lied just as often as Obama and their track records prove it. '04 wasn't rigged, people were just dumb. They proved that when they believed the lies Obama fed them.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Many reasons

Lindsay Lohan
Glenn Beck
$$$
$$$
$$$
Government run for the sole purpose of $$$
2nd amendment
Our football is not real football. (NFL is the best I must say for myself)
Westboro Baptist Church

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I honestly don't know why you had to ask. I find it extrememly easy to scrutinize and scoff at most everything around the USA. I do love my country, I just wish it more realistically mirrored what it claims to be. At this point, they may as well just put a "$" on the US flag.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And in all that, we're still the world's most powerful economy, military, and culture. Yes, I would pride myself on that. Shot in the food, bleeding at the mouth, and near dead, we are still the best. I am definitively in love with Americanism if it can get us through all that and this far.

Hell, I'd wager we fail to pass the debt thing, the nation crashes, hell maybe even a civil war starts, but 20 years from now we'll still be at the top. That's what I actually suspect will happen, and I'll be laughing when American ingenuity wins through.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Well it's always been that way to be honest, as has every other nation to some degree. What matters is how you use it. We seem to be using it pretty well, albeit with some modern errors.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

That's % of GNI. How about actual solid funds. 1% of a trillion dollars is more than 50% of a hundred dollars.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I forgot to add that Americans don't understand the human body.

Most American's are fatbodied slobs.
Americans would sooner take a pill rather than eat a carrot and do a damn sit-up. That makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
reply to post by air101

Well then.
Since you talk about giving to countries in need, let's share some plain numbers on foreign aid for development.
The percentage of GNI the US donates, ranks amongst the lowest from all 'developed' countries:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d2894c96413.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

wzus1.search-results.com...

i hope the link works.. so we give .20% yet we still give over 28 billion dollars closes was france at 12.. what would you rather have as support that percantage? or a piece of that 28 billion that no one else even comes close to.

sure we can give more so that we can get higher on a % list but why when no one else puts in half of what we do..
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

To qualify as official development assistance (ODA), a contribution must contain three elements:

1.Be undertaken by the official sector (that is, a government or government agency);
2.With promotion of economic development and welfare as the main objective;
3.At concessional financial terms (that is, with favorable loan terms.)
Thus, by definition, ODA does not include private donations.

According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the countries giving the highest amounts of money (in absolute terms) are as follows:[1]

1. United States - $28.67 billion
2. France - $12.43 billion
3. Germany - $11.98 billion
4. United Kingdom - $11.50 billion
5. Japan - $9.48 billion
6. Spain - $6.57 billion
7. Netherlands - $6.43 billion
8. Sweden - $4.55 billion
9. Norway - $4.09 billion
10. Canada - $4.01 billion
11. Italy - $3.31 billion
12. Denmark - $2.81 billion
13. Australia - $2.76 billion
14. Belgium - $2.60 billion
15. Switzerland - $2.31 billion
16. Finland - $1.29 billion
17. Austria - $1.15 billion
18. Ireland - $1.00 billion
19. South Korea - $0.82 billion
20. Greece - $0.61 billion
21. Portugal - $0.51 billion
22. Luxembourg - $0.40 billion
23. New Zealand - $0.31 billion

and we are still on top of private donations, so yea...
and thats what i call "plain numbers.."

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

I smell reflection here? Any hidden hatred for the world maybe?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

No, you just kill off the part of the population that can fight then move in and take their oil.

Look up where most of the oil in nations the US is in goes to. Get back to me after.

Please, enlighten me.

I see the fact that the US consumes more oil than the next 4 countries on a Top 5 list combined as telling of where that oil goes:

Found Here...

Rank Countries Amount Date
# 1 United States: 18,690,000 bbl/day 2009
# 2 China: 8,200,000 bbl/day 2009
# 3 Japan: 4,363,000 bbl/day 2009
# 4 India: 2,980,000 bbl/day 2009
# 5 Russia: 2,740,000 bbl/day 2010

By dropping bombs and firing bullets at them.

Only their governments.

You forgot these people...

Found Here...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f62f103060e.jpg[/atsimg]

Found Here...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c164e6037159.jpg[/atsimg]

What are these then hmm? Collateral Damage?

So diverse that everywhere you go the people speak with an American accent! So diverse that everywhere you go is an American flag. So diverse that......you get the picture.....

Well actually no, I don't. What does a flag or an accent have to do with diversity? You do realize that nations can be culturally, racially, and ideologically diverse while having one language, one flag, and one accent? I mean aside from the fact the US doesn't have one accent, having one language and one flag actually promotes diversity because you can communicate and exchange diverse ideas better.

Bollocks. Unless you have spent time outside your own country, mixing with other cultures then you haven't a clue what the true meaning of diversity is. Spare me the whole "We don't need to leave America - why would we we have everything we want here" diatribe.

Who wants to enslave the third world? I'd wager it was corporations and the rich rather than specific countries. And where do much of the worlds top corporations and rich reside? America......GASP!

And where do their leaders come from? GASP! Europe, Asia, Africa, Arabia, Everywhere!

Huh? Are you saying the American corporations leaders are actually from elsewhere? Are you saying America's rich actually come from elsewhere?

Now I want to ask one thing. Why is being at war wrong? The US has been at near-unending war for 209 something years of its 235 years of existence. Simultaneously, in that time period, all our modern wonders were born. I don't think that's coincidence. Nor do I see it as coincidence that the few places America did try and colonize or influence, like Japan, Philippines, several South American areas, are today fully functioning industrial nations while the places Europe colonized, like Arabia and Africa, are in unending war. These wars the US fights today? It's cleanup for the mistakes of others.

Europe colonised Australia.....are you saying Australia has been in an unending war? Don't cherrypick your examples.

So, America has been at war for 209 of it's 235 years and you don't see something wrong with that? I draw your attention to Rome - another empire that spent most of it's time warring - they collapsed in a rather spectacular fashion for reasons that now parrelell what is going on in the US.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

And in all that, we're still the world's most powerful economy, military, and culture. Yes, I would pride myself on that. Shot in the food, bleeding at the mouth, and near dead, we are still the best. I am definitively in love with Americanism if it can get us through all that and this far.

Not for long mate. China and India are fast becoming rivals - if China hasn't already surpassed you.

If a horse is broken, lying on the ground, do you drag it back up and make it run until it drops dead or do you put it out of it's misery?

Hell, I'd wager we fail to pass the debt thing, the nation crashes, hell maybe even a civil war starts, but 20 years from now we'll still be at the top. That's what I actually suspect will happen, and I'll be laughing when American ingenuity wins through.

There's a good movie scene in Billy Madison where the O'Doyle family, ever so blindly proud of themselves, drives off the side of a cliff while still chanting "O'Doyle Rules". Your attitude reminds me of this.

edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well they can hate all they want, no matter what country they are from. No matter who it is, we've probably already subjugated you and your people OR helped them immensely. If world peace comes by means of force, that is just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

we are always at war in trying to make the world a fair place to live, not just america.. its sad that you ppl care about other countries when you twist # around and make us look like the bad guys but its ok to let those ppl suffer with the leader ship they have/had.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Well they can hate all they want, no matter what country they are from. No matter who it is, we've probably already subjugated you and your people OR helped them immensely. If world peace comes by means of force, that is just the way it is.

i second that.. and considering that most ppl hating are in countries that we helped, we still love you. when the day comes choose your side wisely even though it seems you chose your side already..

seriously if you think america is the most evil place in the world, then who relly is the blind one...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
People outside America don't attack it, people inside of it do.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by Brad-H
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Because Americans are a painfully arrogant race.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Brad-H because: blooper

Agreed. The American race is the most despised of all the races.

Race?

Humans are a race..

Next to that 99% of "Americans" are bloodlines from Europe who havent lived on the continent for 500 years. The only true Americans got mass murdered during the occupation. And the same behaviour is shown by the USA across the globe with their omnipresent military.

Might have something to do with it, i dont know.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
People outside America don't attack it, people inside of it do.

mass effect, what a great game.. stretch though, are you saying nwo will be aliens from another world?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is an easy one.

Past; Leadership by example our founding fathers stayed out of international conflicts-George Washington preached this in his last hours as Potus. The world looked to us as the example.Thus, even England even acquired a non binding constitution for its people.

Roll out 250 years:

Present: Absolutely no leadership by example, payed whores in Congress-Senate, and Potus.As Thomas Jefferson had reasoned the people fell asleep with out a "revolution" from time to time in keeping its government honest.

Analysis of our current synopsis; when a country goes around the globe and either colonizes-Imperilism, creates wars and heartache in other countries in the name of its freedom, "we get what give."

Again, "WE GET WHAT WE GIVE." and the way i see it we have been pretty fortunate thus far, as long as ALCRACKER, does not play out another 9/11

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If world peace comes by means of force, that is just the way it is.

Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the spirit. Soldiers usually win battles and generals get the credit for them. You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war. If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.

-- Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
To qualify as official development assistance (ODA), a contribution must contain three elements:

1.Be undertaken by the official sector (that is, a government or government agency);
2.With promotion of economic development and welfare as the main objective;
3.At concessional financial terms (that is, with favorable loan terms.)
Thus, by definition, ODA does not include private donations.

According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the countries giving the highest amounts of money (in absolute terms) are as follows:[1]

1. United States - $28.67 billion
2. France - $12.43 billion
3. Germany - $11.98 billion
4. United Kingdom - $11.50 billion
5. Japan - $9.48 billion
6. Spain - $6.57 billion
7. Netherlands - $6.43 billion
8. Sweden - $4.55 billion
9. Norway - $4.09 billion
10. Canada - $4.01 billion
11. Italy - $3.31 billion
12. Denmark - $2.81 billion
13. Australia - $2.76 billion
14. Belgium - $2.60 billion
15. Switzerland - $2.31 billion
16. Finland - $1.29 billion
17. Austria - $1.15 billion
18. Ireland - $1.00 billion
19. South Korea - $0.82 billion
20. Greece - $0.61 billion
21. Portugal - $0.51 billion
22. Luxembourg - $0.40 billion
23. New Zealand - $0.31 billion

just saying!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

If world peace comes by means of force, that is just the way it is.

Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the spirit. Soldiers usually win battles and generals get the credit for them. You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war. If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.

-- Albert Einstein

im sure sadam and many others had plaenty of time to understand but didnt. so how much time should we give them?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join