It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It has much to do with what the rest of the world has seen as far as how we use our military to benefit big American business.

Simply read General Smedley S Butler's book:

WAR IS A RACKET

He points out almost 100 years ago how the US Military is really being used to fight wars that in the end only promote the business interests of the elite Americans such as the Rockefeller's Exxon and their British investors.

All of this is at the expense of using the poor to fight their wars for them all under the guise of service to their country.

Simply look at the UN sanctioned money grab currently going on in Libya and all that Big Oil has to gain alone and not to mention the water resources, the largest in the middle east.

While Americans are becoming poorer by the day...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

It has much to do with what the rest of the world has seen as far as how we use our military to benefit big American business.

Simply read General Smedley S Butler's book:

WAR IS A RACKET

He points out almost 100 years ago how the US Military is really being used to fight wars that in the end only promote the business interests of the elite Americans such as the Rockefeller's Exxon and their British investors.

All of this is at the expense of using the poor to fight their wars for them all under the guise of service to their country.

Simply look at the UN sanctioned money grab currently going on in Libya and all that Big Oil has to gain alone and not to mention the water resources, the largest in the middle east.

While Americans are becoming poorer by the day...

This is the same thing the Romans did, and they fell hard, as well as many other empires throughout history.

And as an American I am sadden that we will follow the same demise. It is only a matter of time before the arrogance of our leaders catches up with us. It can be stopped, but is highly unlikely since the MSM controls the attitudes of the sheeple who were indoctrinated, through the failing education system, to believe what they been spoon fed and expect entitlements to keep their brains dead of any reasonable thought of the world outside of their comfort zone.

When this all comes to a head, many, many more lives will be lost, maybe more then WW2.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Actually, the British did during WWII. Check your facts first before posting. I am an American, I am also a computer guy (trained by NAVY in the early 80's) so yeah, I know a bit about computer history. It's people like you who THINK they know it all and try to seem superior to everyone else that most hate us. I have been to many 3rd world countries, and over the years I have seen people who loved us now hating us. Of course it doesn't help when the rich brats vacation in a drunken, hedonistic state while abroad. They are rude a disrespectful to other nations and cultures. When I visit another country, I try to find history museums to find out what they are like, where they came from and their struggles. try understanding a culture before bashing it. You may find that regular people from all nations are not that dissimilar to you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

errrr.....
actually the internet was created by a brtish man Tim Berners-Lee in 1989.
the american military created intranet during WW2.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H

Because Americans are a painfully arrogant race.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Brad-H because: blooper

Agreed. The American race is the most despised of all the races.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The question stated should be phrased "Why do Americans attack people outside of the USA"

I don't see other countries bombing American cities, however I see American warplanes bombing foreign cities day by day.

There's your answer.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Actually, the British did during WWII. Check your facts first before posting. I am an American, I am also a computer guy (trained by NAVY in the early 80's) so yeah, I know a bit about computer history. It's people like you who THINK they know it all and try to seem superior to everyone else that most hate us. I have been to many 3rd world countries, and over the years I have seen people who loved us now hating us. Of course it doesn't help when the rich brats vacation in a drunken, hedonistic state while abroad. They are rude a disrespectful to other nations and cultures. When I visit another country, I try to find history museums to find out what they are like, where they came from and their struggles. try understanding a culture before bashing it. You may find that regular people from all nations are not that dissimilar to you.

The best reply from a ridiculous and unnecessary topic which I said to myself I wouldn't reply to.. . But Hat's off to you sir I couldn't agree more with you...

I guess sometimes it's an age thing.. My wife and I frequently visit the Caribbean islands and meet lots of great people who are genuinely interested in where I'm from, and likewise.. But most of the time Americans have absolutely no concept of the world outside of the United States.. I even bet a loudmouth guy one time that I could name him 3 times as many cities in the US as he could name in England..

Guess how many he named in England? One.. London.. I named over 20 just off the top of my head..

A few people even came up to me one time and literally said to me

'Hey man. What's the score with Europe?'

'How do you mean' I replied

'Why do they all speak different languages?'

............................................. *shakes head and walks away*

edit on 27-7-2011 by MrKipling because: fnarr fnarr

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As someone as already said it was the British who invented the computer and it was partially the British who also invented the internet.........or at least how we know it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

We don't hate the USA, we feel sorry for you having to put up with the stupid government and legislators that you are putting up with.
Anyway it is a free world, people are allowed to love/hate/like/dislike whoever they want to.
And there have been a lot of things recently, say since 9/11, that have changed the world's perception about your country. From intrusive body groping at airports, to unjustified wars and bully tactics over unhealthy and genetically modified food to name a few.
Then there is the assumption by a lot of yanks that they are right (ALL THE TIME) and we, the rest of the world are idiots.
From outside of the USA we see a lot of ignorant people, who mainly have never been outside their own home state, telling us what to do.
And seeing as only 25% of you yanks have a passport, it proves how ignorant most of you are about world affairs. You TV news virtually ignores the rest of the world and perpetuates the idea of the ignorant american.
And because your news services are so inward looking, you don't get a real feel of what it is really like outside of the USA, you guys are brainwashed by third rate newsmedia.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

its funny you say we are right all the time, yet you think you have america nailed down on some 9/11, food, and passports.. many of us cant just up and leave the states to visit places that just look at us as ignorant anyway..

then the irony is you say that its "my network" as if someone that makes 45k a year has any kind of influence in the news..

their will simply never be any peace, the human race will always be at war cause of ppl like you that love to generalize and hate for no real damn reason.. just look at your excuses on why you dont like americans. 1- we dont visit you. 2- only 25% have passports. 3- modified food. a fvcking shame if you ask me. your hating an entire state cause we are 2nd to none, if you ask me. we have to make decisions your country has probably never made since it was founded..

and lets get one thing straight yes america has its messed up thing/moments but no one gives like the american ppl in a time of need.. when disasters happen we are there helping.. where are you from? what kind of stuff does your home do to help in disaters?

since you like to think your country is the best then tell them to step there game up get to the usa level and lets see what kind of decisions they can make, if any...
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

To my memory the Z3 was the first actual electronic computer. the Z3 is from Germany. One year later the ABC the first electronic DIGITAL computer came out of ISU. I think your referencing the steam powered mechanical analytical engine from 1837. UK, not eally the same thing as a computer but it was the worlds first piece of programmable machinery, in design that is being that the machine was never fully built. I smoked your pipe now smoke mine

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

The WWII computer from Britain was the Colossus Mark 1, followed up by the Mark 2. It was used to crack the German encrypted messages.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why is this a legit ATS thread?

it should be moved to hoaxes since its obvious the OP was trolling and was not trying to engage in meaningful dialog.

Mods? you out there?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Yeah the MK 1 came out 2 years after the ABC. That being said the ABC was the first electronic digital computer. But don't take my word for it I'm just a dumb American. I bow to my European masters.
edit on 27-7-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: yeah right

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

What on earth makes you believe that other countries do not give as much by ratio as US? Americans are not the only countries that give aid, most countries whether able or not give aid in many forms when needed.

If America has more to give it's because they have and have taken more from the rest of the worlds resources. It's hardly even charity, and it's rarely free.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Should put in a thread as to why people hate terrorists. Think the U.S. is the only one being terrorize?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
The Internet was created by physicists...the very basic computers were made..well thought of thousands of years ago.

People do not attack today's citizens of America....they attack America and it's long list of actions thy carried out in the past.

Who wouldn't attack America for dropping a nuclear bomb twice in Japan? Who wouldn't condemn America and it's military in Afghanistan for brutal tragedies we hear of rape and attack to citizens? Who wouldn't attack America and what they did to Red Indians...what they did to the animals all over the world?

America is represented by people. It is people that have given America a bad name. And remember...people forget the good stuff yet always remember the bad.

Do non-Americans learn why we dropped the nuke on Japan? We dropped one nuke on Japan then we told the Japanese to surrender. They fail to respond again quickly after the first nuke so we dropped another one, then finally surrenders and the invasion of Japan would have been ten times worse than the ones in D-Day in Europe. BTW more people died in conventional/Napalm bombing in Japan than two nukes combined. It's well known fact. Not to mention most of the Japanese officers tried to kill Hirohito but they failed. Japan was ruled by the military at that time. Funny how you condemn for US for the Red Indians and both nukes so by that logic, we should condemn Australians for their slaughter of Aboriginals, condemn the British for the bombing of Dresden, European disease ravage throughout the Americas and so on. After WW2, America became a superpower and had the military/technological capabilities to challenger USSR aggression around the world. I do agree that US made a lot of mistakes of supporting dictators of their own however, we cannot let it stand by and let the USSR do what they want. Who wants to live in the communist world?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
reply to post by air101

What on earth makes you believe that other countries do not give as much by ratio as US? Americans are not the only countries that give aid, most countries whether able or not give aid in many forms when needed.

If America has more to give it's because they have and have taken more from the rest of the worlds resources. It's hardly even charity, and it's rarely free.

every bit helps i understand that. but lets say all americans say fvck the world, you dont like us fine! fend for your selves in times of need. how much can you possibly do with out us?! ratio is a joke when it comes to million on top of millions that need help.

your country has just as much right to serach the world for resources, why dont they?

nothing is ever free. we help you you help us. dont like us form your own superpower and show us how its done..
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Why is this a legit ATS thread?

it should be moved to hoaxes since its obvious the OP was trolling and was not trying to engage in meaningful dialog.

Mods? you out there?

Lately, there's at least one troll thread a day. This forum is starting to look like 4chan and it's not pretty.

The "WHY YO PEEPL HATE US??? LAWL" threads are typical for and dominate unmoderated forums. Pedobear avatar only reminds me of 4chan even more lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Actually to be honest, I can't believe anyone asked this question. I am American and even I know the answer. If you don't, then you are seriously lacking in observation skills. We think everyone should be like us, and if they are not then they are a backwards country that needs saved from themselves. Meanwhile, our country is still governed by Quaker morality while the rest of the world laughs at us. We are shocked, in public, at the mere sight of boobs yet in private we drool over them. We pass our judgements on what is socially acceptable onto other people without understanding that others may not have the same view as we do. Personally, if our media, religions and FCC stayed out of it and a female body was allowed to be admired we would have far less sex crimes. Almost all other countries allow their citizens to make their own moral judgements, even on alcohol. yet we sit back and tell our youth that they can die for their country as young as 17, but can't drink a beer until they are 21. We can have power to vote and change the political landscape of our country, and yet cannot have a beer. We are so self absorbed and worried about someone enjoying themselves that we look down on anyone who does differently. The government needs to stop being the morality police and let parents do their job!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

When it comes to people spewing false facts thats when I get involved the coloses mk WAS NOT the first computer gosh darn it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join