It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Believe it or not the internet was created by Robert Cailliau( a belgian ), and sir tim berner lee

inventor internet

There is a difference between the internet and the world wide web.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taurean27

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Taurean27

you do realize how big america is, right?

purple mountains and waves of grain, sea to shining sea.

i have friends who never left the state.

so what.

your podunk countries are the size of our back yards.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

i suppose you drink bottled water in the states?

I've been to the States.....RIGHT??????
.......and it ain't the biggest country in the World......RIGHT?
You & your friends who have never been in the REAL outside world, need to do exactly that.!

Yawl little ol' state o' Texass(podunk), fit's into muh State 7 times.
It takes me three(3) days to get to the mailbox.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Taurean27 because: (no reason given)

and what state might that be?

si friggin beria?

or you just too stupid to remember where you put it?

sorry mods!
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Probably WA, big state of Australia..

We got us a BIG country for such a small population..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I thought she was Welsh?
How much of her hair colour is due to "the first bloke" anyway?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

Why is it only Americans who post threads like this? I don't see the Brits or us Aussies or any of the Euro countries creating a thread called "Why do people outside Britain hate us? Whinge whinge, moan moan."

Americans are FAR too sensitive to insults about their own country than any other country on Earth. Methinks the indoctrination has something to do with it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taurean27

so what.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

I've been to the States.....RIGHT??????
.......and it ain't the biggest country in the World......RIGHT?
You & your friends who have never been in the REAL outside world, need to do exactly that.!

Yawl little ol' state o' Texass(podunk), fit's into muh State 7 times.
It takes me three(3) days to get to the mailbox.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Taurean27 because: (no reason given)

and what state might that be?

si friggin beria?

or you just too stupid to remember where you put it?

sorry mods!
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Try superimposing a map of Australia over a map of the U.S. then come back and wipe that smug attitude off your face.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Attack as in physically? Or are you talking about name calling?

Each country can brag about their technological or scientific achievements till they're blue in the face. At the end of the day, they're taking credit for something which they had no part in and probably weren't even alive for.

I'm sure if you asked certain Americans, it's because other countries are jealous of your freedom

edit on 27/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think I need to answer to this question, because I have criticized America before on boards- I even have a recent thread I started on this site in which I criticized certain aspects of the culture.

Part of my personality is that I am more critical of myself than anyone else. Chalk that up to being a Capricorn, or to just being a person who wholly soaked up the values of independance, autonomy, self mastership and discipline that were impressed upon me at a young age in my american upbringing.

To be independant, autonomous, and self disciplining, it is imperative to stay very aware of your shortcomings and weaknesses in order to be able to correct them and progress. You have to be self critical.

Other more social conscience focused cultures (less into individuality) impress relying on each other to point out our weaknesses and shortcomings instead. This is how members each help each other.

So I DO criticize MY country as an extension of myself, and ONLY with fellow americans. It cannot be constructive criticism to voice it to non-americans.
When I am on french sites, I criticize the french, as that too, has become with time an extension of myself, and to critisize them with non-french people cannot be constructive.

As an american, I see it as part of my duty to have a critical mind as to what we are doing, and as a french citizen it is my duty to have a critical mind as to what we are doing there.

Now, two things on the phenomenon you refer to on a larger scale-
One- The US has been a big world power and has been very visible about that and wanted recognition. More attention you get, the more people focus on you! Like being in the spot light, your faults show up more under all that attention than if you were more in the shadows.

Two- Because fo the forementioned quality of our culture (where independance calls for critical self awareness) I see often Americans criticizing themselves a lot, while others are ALSO criticizing them.

You get a problem there- we have been taught, pay attention to yourself and not your neighbor!
Many other cultures have been taught- be your brothers keeper, help him be aware of when and how they are #ing up, and accept that they do that for you!

There is a culture clash there. See? We show respect to others by NOT criticizing , they show respect by criticizing , and intents are misinterpretted in between.

Most of all, in the view of most recent criticisms, the GOVERNMENT of the US started to be widely criticized by other countries, but not the PEOPLE. Nobody sees the two as the same thing! They love america and americans, they just think these wonderful, nice, creative people being held hostage by a bunch of power hungry war mongers. So that can be misunderstood.

I am sure that others from other countries already explained that, even though I didn't get a chance ot read the thread up to now, but I want to support and reiterate it- it is a very comon view outside the US.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

It could be because the US is the only country that has the rest of the world surrounded by military hardware, and because of its dedication to backing up every big corporation's efforts to seize the future of whichever small country it is that seems to fit that corporations plans for the next fiscal quarter. No one likes a psychotic bully, and the big dumb muscled-up thug that does the dirty work for that psycho is particularly hated. The US is that big, dumb muscled-up thug that makes this world suffer at the hands of the psychotic bullies of this world. It started out as the world's largest and most successful democracy, but that changed quite a while ago. The rest of the world understands this, even if the people who make up the US society have no clue about who and what they are. The average American doesn't even realize how much the rest of the modern world concerns for their welfare. Comparatively, the US citizen is an indentured servant, and only now has begun to realize that there's something wrong. Sadly, the majority of them may never figure out exactly what the problem is before they rip each other to shreds.
edit on 7/27/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This cultural difference is a problem these days with a global economy, and internet where we are interacting with people all over the world!

It first became evident to me when my own family would have a crisis or conflict to deal with. We'd be having a family meeting and find a solution, and I would end the talks with "I perhaps should have done this____ differently. I learned this_____."

And my french husband and kids would all look at me and say, "yeah, okay, it is all YOUR fault!" (when usually I had not that much to do with the problem, it was usually a stupid teenage bad decision by one of my kids.)

After many times of this I realized they never watched the Brady Bunch. The "each one takes their turn recongizing their part" ain't going to happen!

For them it should be each one takes a turn point out to another what THEY did wrong.

But I'll tell you this, they also accept easily the criticism of others. The Americans LOVE to bash France, and they just take it, whether they agree or not, it is a sign that someone else cares if they are criticizing at all. They are paying attention to you.

We americans tend to not accept criticism from others and act all offended.... which gives an impression that we get much more than others because we complain about it.

Kinda liek the Greek crisis, where both Germany and France were set to shoulder just as much wieght for the Greeks, but so many had the impression that Germany would shoulder more- because Germany loudly complained about it, and the french didn't. That's the misleading part of paying attention only to the most obvious appearences- the one who yells loudest gives the impression they have more to yell about.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
´´Why do people outside the U.S attack America?´´

I think Amerika does this job very well an his own..Of course ´only special´ people..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

Because people inside the U.S. attack the World

edit on 27/7/11 by flyingkiwi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Schools out for summer. Wonderful

Set fire to things and troll the Internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So true and the US is full of the biggest babies there are. The outside world looks at Americans as ignorant servants to the corporate Man, and hell many citizens are. The problem is that the general public just absorbs whatever the media says and doesn't question anything or even research-ignorant. We allow companies like Monsanto to poison our land and ourselves then try and spread our corrupted 'miracle' seeds and food all over the world to contaminate everyone else. No wonder most countried hate us, unless they to have been brainwashed like so many Americans. Most attacks on American soil are conjured up the US gov. anyway to sway the people to feel a certain way towards a certain group of people so military can go attack them and take their rescources and contaminate their lands. Any attack not conjured up by the CIA is probably justified our government destroys millions of people's way of life, takes their rescources, and leaves 25,000 troops to make sure their interests stay on track. Look at it this way- what would you do if China sent 500,000 troops here to maintain their interests? probably fight back right the Chinese would then call what you did an 'act of terrorism' which in your mind is just fighting back. Perception is all is it

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I try my best not to stay out of all the America bashing but whenever we catch anyone on the news stating *The greatest nation on earth* e.g The Pres address t'other night - Me and the other half always eye each other, beat our chests and give the saluto romano in jest.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The 9/11 started all is because of the first Gulf War. Bin Laden offer Saudi Arabia some help to fight against Saddam Hussein's forces out of Kuwait but instead Saudi Arabia asked American forces instead. This anger Bin Laden as it thought that Saudi Arabia was a holy land for Muslims and he believed that western troops should not be stationed in Saudi Arabia at all. And Bill Clinton even ignored Al-Qaeda threats despite the fact they know Bin Laden done the 1998 USS embassy in Africa bombing, the failed 1993 WTC bombing, and Khobar Towers bombing. The US Special Forces almost had Bin Laden killed but backed out because Clinton did not want the American public to think they are at war. And then while we live our lives and staying out of business, we get 9/11.

I also see that people also blame on the American people instead of just the US government. This link explains this pretty well. www.youtube.com...[
edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

I also see that people also blame on the American people instead of just the US government. This link explains this pretty well. www.youtube.com...

Who votes these governments in? Is it the people or are the people being tricked into thinking they do when in fact the elections are rigged? Further to that, if the elections are rigged then why oh why aren't the American people doing something about it?

Therein lies the jist of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

So does every people in the world. They complain about their own government but they live their lives just like the rest of us. Just as Europe chose to go into Libya despite massive opposition yet did nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

The difference is that America has successfully vied to become a world superpower and noticably interjects into other countries business on a regular basis - using it's might to 'pursuade' the others to do their bidding.

With superpower status comes the responsibility of using it wisely - which the U.S. definately does not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

so what.

If there is a reason at all why some people don't hate, but roll their eyes at comments from America on ATS - and I've not seen this in the real world working with my American based colleagues - you've just made it. Couldn't you have thrown something in about your God given constitution and your garage full of guns to cover all bases?

Note to other Americans who may read this - I know most of you don't go around shouting we are the best all the time, just as I know most of you wouldn't expect me to know the words to Land of hope and Glory (I don't).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join