It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You are not annoying me, Whats annoying me atm is that I cannot get this avatar thing working.

Ok, lets say you are right ok? So you can go happy,

But you guys do like to have be right..
and have the last word!

and sorry, in my last post I tried to say "tangled" not "messed up" that probably sounded rude.
Excuse my English

and I was speaking for others that I have talked about this with, who do get annoyed that Americans "stole" the "American" word...
I dont know, you tell them!! I can give you their phone numbers for you to have an intense debate, for me.. I go to bed
edit on 28-7-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Stole? I mean, technically it was never really anyone's. Names for the land existed before Europeans landed on America.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

dude, didnt you see its in quotation marks? What does quotation marks means?!

Now you just like arguing

have a spoon of sugar!!

I dotnt really disagree with you but you are being defensive.
and I may not help very much because I dont think I express myself very well. ESL not good!!

Sorry if I called you dude without being one, I cannot tell

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Well I do enjoy the occasion argument, but on something so silly as this, feeling any anger over it is at best pompous, at worse ignorance.

I like to describe America as the dusty corner of the world, where all the world's rejects and lost end up. We are all united states of that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

By all means, the worse form of government is democracy, and it can rot in hell for all I care.

I disagree with most of your post but at least we can shake hands on this one

Democracy, where 50.1% of the population can dictate what 49.9% of the population has to do.

In my opinion in it's core though every form of government is good if executed right. It's just the execution in the hands of TPTB that keeps failing around the globe. (yes even dictators with their heart and head in the right place can be good for their country, plenty of examples around but since hitler was a dictator they're all bad right?)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

We put him in power, he went rouge.

Did he literally go a funny shade of red or did he perhaps go rogue? Sorry, I know that's pedantic but it seems lots of people on ATS think rouge = rogue. Can't help it, must be my education

They probably play WoW, very common typo there

edit on 29/7/11 by Romekje because: formatting

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ill say it again its not americas fault your life blows ITS YOURS

we are the shining example of what the human race can accomplish. when the people are givin rights and individuality. and dont have to bow down because some guy or woman walks by cause they say there royalty

in just a couple hundred years we have accomplished more than the thousands of years your countris ruled

so how does that happen?? you guys all had thousands of years its because our way of life is better we dont have to care about anyone or anything if we dont want to

a world without america would just blow and tyrants would rule everywhere and you would still have no individual rights

least we forget again without america all us white people would be speaking german.. and everone else ...... well you know

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
ill say it again its not americas fault your life blows ITS YOURS

we are the shining example of what the human race can accomplish. when the people are givin rights and individuality. and dont have to bow down because some guy or woman walks by cause they say there royalty

in just a couple hundred years we have accomplished more than the thousands of years your countris ruled

so how does that happen?? you guys all had thousands of years its because our way of life is better we dont have to care about anyone or anything if we dont want to

a world without america would just blow and tyrants would rule everywhere and you would still have no individual rights

least we forget again without america all us white people would be speaking german.. and everone else ...... well you know

Well, folks, look at this and the answer to the OP's question is clear!
This is why people "attack" (critisize) Americans! This is the arrogance and ignorance that so many americans (the most outspoken unfortunately) show the rest of the world.

This idea that everyone else in the world has a life that sucks, that is filled with oppression, and if they have any criticism at all of the US, it is only out of jealousy, is a very common assertion.

I am american, and this kind of comment makes me so ashamed of my countrymen. It is only made by those who haven't actually gone out into the world and found out the truth, but it is shameful that that is the case for so many of us. Such arrogance and ignorance invites attack and in my mind, deserves it.

Balls without brains ain't worth much.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

You're kidding right? Americans have a reputation of doing exactly that for years and now you're making that statement ! Good grief !

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Balls without brains ain't worth much.

and the other way around even less.

any other "your country sucks" threads besides the US and israel?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I do not hate your country, your government is totally corrupt and is responsible for millions of innocent deaths in the name of empire and profit such as the war in Lybia:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

I don't know.

Ask David rockefeller,kissinger,george bush,zbig,george soros and dick chaney They might know why.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Most people in europe are against americans because they don't have the balls to stand up to goverment regardless of how hollywood ties to paint americans and they reject the double standards with Isreal no matter what the puppets in the UN say.

Europe is startig to rise up but americans seem unwilling to take the hint.

In fact even the youths in Isreal have more balls than you're average american and i pitty some of you who have to put up with them.

Well you did ask

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by superballs

I'll tell you what the "hint" is from many Europeans point of view-

Americans who are bragging about how great their life is, when from many Europeans point of view, your life seems rather sad. You have no idea that the great medical system you think you have sucks compared to some other countries- you are NOT being taken care of, you are being taken advantage of by pharmaceutical labs and insurance companies. But you have no idea! You swallow the message that it is great.

You think you have so much freedom, and yet your laws and the police are the some of the most strict, severe, and most brutal in the world! A woman was fined 400 dollars the other day because she had a pair of plastic testicals hanging from her truck in the back. Good thing they caught her before she killed someone!
So again, this bragging about your freedom that is so great? You seem to have never experienced freedom if you call that freedom!
The media and the big corporations have you slaves to consumerism and debt, and you don't see it. The unemployment is a terrible problem, and you proclaim "hey we're doing GREAT! Happy here! Better than everyone else!" Obesity reigns and health problems like Diabetes become a threat sweeping the masses, and you sit there smiling..."still doing great! Best lifestyle in the world!"

From countries where the people have their government being THEIR servant, instead of the servant of big businesses, and they live more healthy personal lives, with a balance between what they put out and what they recieve, it is major head-slap time when they see and hear people say things like you are saying.

They also think that it becomes obvious that you cannot be all that content and fine if you are always spread out attacking other countries in many directions at once. No content and truly healthy person does that! It is called denial- but denial doesn't mean the discontent has disappeared.... it only means you are choosing not to acknowledge it and are taking out the anxiety on others instead of facing the internal problems directly.

The hint is- you are not doing great. Your country is sick inside. Take care of yourself! Stop wasting all your energy tryign to flex and show off for the rest of the world and take some time to care for and save your people inside.
THAT takes real balls, instead of plastic ones hung out for others to see. Appearences are easy, reality is more difficult. Acting arrogant seems to cover a real lack of inner strength, but it doesn't really- everyone else recognizes the difference between arrogance and real self confidence, a healthy balanced ego.
Heal your own country first, then go about making everyone else "better".

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

ask the millions of native people that were slaughtered and ask the surviving Indians what has become of their land, their cultures, their people. read up on what the USA government has done for those people.

Why should anyone care about a bunch of savages? We merely took back our inheritance and treated the "natives" a heck of a lot better then the "natives" treated the first inhabitants of North America. And until the savages acknowledge their crimes that is all they will ever be, savages.

That is why the savages in both N and S America are so uppity and act with such umbrage is because deep down inside they know they are thieves, butchers and mass murderers(South America was inhabited by an Aborigine/black people first until they where wiped out as well).

People like you are no different then holocaust deniers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
most people from developed countries like to think that their country is the best, although i find that most people think their own government is far from the best. truth is they all have good points and bad points.

im english, and i think my country is far from being the best. we have an outdated class system, a monachy that is just a tourist attraction and a government that puts the needs of the foreign minority over the needs of its own citisens.

but i think the oppinion about americans on the internet (an opinion i shared until recently) is based on chatrooms, were some americans come across as a bit ignorant and big headed (no offence intended).

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by superballs

Originally posted by Master_007
Most people in europe are against americans because they don't have the balls to stand up to goverment regardless of how hollywood ties to paint americans and they reject the double standards with Isreal no matter what the puppets in the UN say.

Europe is startig to rise up but americans seem unwilling to take the hint.

In fact even the youths in Isreal have more balls than you're average american and i pitty some of you who have to put up with them.

Well you did ask

loloololol you said it yourself and proven your a moron

what hint are we suppose to get lmao?? you rise up because your tired of your life and your government right
? so you rise up to get to where americans are.. but were allready there man.. we like our lives and its about damm time the rest of the world gets it and starts rising up..

but i have nothing to be angry about accept morons like you just talkin dribble

You mean you like your life, and don't give a sh.. for these on American grounds?? Don't see these camps in Europe??

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ok Ok enough on the size of things for states and country's please... Alaska alone is 2/3's the size of Austrailla
(one single state out of the US), almost 3 times bigger than Texas (yep sorry guys) and almost 254 Rhode Islands.... Just to put it in prespective.

Now as our public image around the world, yes the government NOT the people of the US has caused alot of
grief... Now with that being said, when SHTF almost ANYWHERE (with minor exceptions) who are the first
people on the list to call.. the US. Which country comes to the aid the fastest.. the US. Unfortunatly the
corruption in this country has hit an all time high, and needs to be delt with.
I havent been to many countries abroad, but I do have respect for most of the people. (like everywhere there are idiots jackasses).
I will not appoligize for my feelings that yes, I DO think the US is the greatest country in the world, for one
simple fact, the US Constitution. There is no greater document in the world PERIOD, end of story. Now I am not
stating that other countries are not great in thier own rights, but they still pale in comparison to the US because
of that one document. The Consitution of the United States of America, and to respond to another post about the
Second Amendment, it is there to PROTECT AND DEFEND that document - get over it, end of story.
I also believe we need to return to isolationism, rebuild this country, stop meddling in other country's, close all of
our bases except the ones on US soil, pull out of the UN kick them out of our country ( the ABSOLUTE WORST
and CORRUPT enitey in the ENTIRE WORLD.) secure our boarders, rebuild our industrial base. Then and
ONLY then, after we get ourselves back up off the ground, we can again help others. American first.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
We merely took back our inheritance and treated the "natives" a heck of a lot better then the "natives" treated the first inhabitants of North America.

You took back your 'inheritance'? What makes you think you are any more entitled to the land than the people that were there before?

The fact you call them 'savages' is a testament to your sheer ignorance surrounding this issue. Also large traces of a bigoted attitude.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join