It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What use is the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe in the freedom of ALL information and love reading about UFO'S AND ALIENS. Experimental aircraft.

I mean what has anybody done with the information that they have uncovered and confirmed to be true.

Have they gone to those people responsible and said shame on you for not telling me, or how could you let that happen?

I used to think like that. Why are you covering this stuff up big brother? Why on earth would you let this happen or that happen?

A lot of it is for the greater good not to tell us these things.

I mean think about it.

What could we do if we knew unequivocally, that there were aliens among us? ( which I believe to be true).

A lot of people if not whole city's would go into a state of panic causing martial law to be enforced.

Stores would be looted, banks emptied and a list of other stuff. Think..

And UFO'S. What if we did not know about aliens. That word did not exist. And as a way to spy on other nations to help keep our boarders secure and people safe we experimented with new and innovative technology such as experimental aircraft. Do you think the American Government wants advanced and superior technology public knowledge. NO.

Let say the world was going to suffer a massive event that would wipe out the most life and you knew a way that could save a certain percentage of the population. Who would you save or better yet be better off saving? A bartender? A taxi cab driver or store owner? A grocery store clerk or a secretary? A fish boat captain or police chief? I think you get the picture?

Or would you be better off saving people who command leadership such as the president? Scientists and engineers? Great thinkers and people with the drive to get things done such as millionaires and billionaires?

Those people could get the things done after an extinction level event. Could we? Maybe after another couple of thousand of years! Since that is what it took to get to where we are today?

I personally believe public knowledge of the extinction level event would cause chaos on an unwanted scale.

Would you not want to live the last days of your lives without worry and be carefree and spend time with your loved ones and share the love that you do now?

Or would you be so selfish that you would NOT DENY IGNORANCE. Thus causing the complete extinction of the Human Race. No insult intended just BRINGING OUT THE TRUTH.

I hate to say it as a conspiracy buff, but maybe THE TRUTH IS BETTER WHEN IT IS UNTOLD.

I am going to go eat a nice juicy philly steak and cheese, smoke up drink some fine scotch and try to enjoy what little time I have left alive.

edit on 26-7-2011 by reptiliannogmar because: more truth

edit on 26-7-2011 by reptiliannogmar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
But god bless and good luck. Your going to need it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by reptiliannogmar
Let say the world was going to suffer a massive event that would wipe out the most life and you knew a way that could save a certain percentage of the population. Who would you save or better yet be better off saving? A bartender? A taxi cab driver or store owner? A grocery store clerk or a secretary? A fish boat captain or police chief? I think you get the picture?

edit on 26-7-2011 by reptiliannogmar because: more truth

In theory any of these people could become president. Do we start labeling people with a point scale like chess pieces? Taxi cab driver = 2, Doctor = 8? Children are non-productive wastes on society; children = -1. If we save all the 20 something graduate students we can just make more children later and their breeding will be superior. Future babies = 10!

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, I'm just throwing out my bit of pocket change. Good luck and have fun.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

You got it dude. I agree with your point system though even if you don't. However I was wondering what people really thought about the post as a whole. Would love to hear what you personally think. But feel free to post what you want as long as it pertains to the topic.

I always try to have as much fun as possible. who knows the next 11026170 could be tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I am going to go eat a nice juicy philly steak and cheese, smoke up drink some fine scotch and try to enjoy what little time I have left alive.

Keep that lifestyle up and it'll be precious little time indeed
Seriously though, I see these comments like yours (in the OP) a lot on ATS and people act like it's some kind of new revelation. These questions have been asked continuously since the 60's and we're still here. Just remember that the inverse is just as true- what if there are NOT aliens among us? What if there are no flying saucers and all the UFO reports are because of misidentification of conventional aircraft/ experimental aircraft/ R-C toys, etc. What if ETs don't exist at all? Don't punch your card out just yet.

edit on 26-7-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Seriously though, I see these comments like yours (in the OP) a lot on ATS and people act like it's some kind of new revelation. These questions have been asked continuously since the 60's and we're still here. Just remember that the inverse is just as true- what if there are NOT aliens among us? What if there are no flying saucers and all the UFO reports are because of misidentification of conventional aircraft/ experimental aircraft/ R-C toys, etc. What if ETs don't exist at all? Don't punch your card out just yet.

u might need to elaborate a little bit more.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I suppose it all depends on what the "truth" really is.

Are we an experiment, a "body farm" run by incorporeal beings who need us to experience existence for them?
Are we a smear on the inside wall of an black hole's event horizon?
Are we a planet quarantined by a Galactic Federation waiting until we get smart or spiritual enough to join?
Are we a slave planet, or a cattle planet?
Are we a small part of a larger unfathomable reality that we only experience in fleeting glimpses?
Are we a planet of "pets," watched over by God and angels and demons, just like the Bible says?
Are we all alone in the universe, and our short, painful lives amount to nothing?

I guess the truth is only going to be of use to us if there is some way we can see to change it (or our attitude about it) to possibly improve our pathetic little existence. Otherwise, we're stuck, which might be the case anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Bluey This is the only thing that really caught my attention. But thanks for the post. All are welcome.

I guess the truth is only going to be of use to us if there is some way we can see to change it (or our attitude about it) to possibly improve our pathetic little existence. Otherwise, we're stuck, which might be the case anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reptiliannogmar

I have to admit that the way you put this was interesting and made me think. Then I quickly realized that it's ignorance that's stifled social innovation in the last 50 years abliet brought about great technology. When you say that the millionaires and billionaires can "get things done" it reminds me of a quote by Krishnamurti that said “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” Those we consider successful today are the very people who will want to be successful tomorrow by the same means.

Social evolution, which I believe is something we should all strive to contribute to, has been stinted it favour of maintaining the status quo. The status quo that ensures that's only purpose is to sustain itself so that our way of life is perpetuated. The very way of life thats lead us to this point and that has nothing to do with what's best for society as a whole and works only to sustain the established norm.

Knowledge and information should be available in it's entirety for free so that from that we can apply human creativity and evolve an immersive society thats as fluid and dynamic as the universe we come from. An evolutionary resolution to the crises of consciousness if you will.

So if we, or they, wanted to make sure when we're all wiped out tptb can start all over again then - Yeah sure, go about your life and ignore that feeling inside of you that says you can contribute by informing yourself. Instead surrender to what your told to be the best you can do, and that you are lucky to even be engaged in this paradigm.

I for one believe it's the right information, facts and data that is our path to salvation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonmaitreya

I have to admit that the way you put this was interesting and made me think. Then I quickly realized that it's ignorance that's stifled social innovation in the last 50 years abliet brought about great technology. When you say that the millionaires and billionaires can "get things done" it reminds me of a quote by Krishnamurti that said “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” Those we consider successful today are the very people who will want to be successful tomorrow by the same means.

Social evolution, which I believe is something we should all strive to contribute to, has been stinted it favour of maintaining the status quo. The status quo that ensures that's only purpose is to sustain itself so that our way of life is perpetuated. The very way of life thats lead us to this point and that has nothing to do with what's best for society as a whole and works only to sustain the established norm.

Knowledge and information should be available in it's entirety for free so that from that we can apply human creativity and evolve an immersive society thats as fluid and dynamic as the universe we come from. An evolutionary resolution to the crises of consciousness if you will.

So if we, or they, wanted to make sure when we're all wiped out tptb can start all over again then - Yeah sure, go about your life and ignore that feeling inside of you that says you can contribute by informing yourself. Instead surrender to what your told to be the best you can do, and that you are lucky to even be engaged in this paradigm.

I for one believe it's the right information, facts and data that is our path to salvation.

I agreed with at the beginning middle and end but not the whole post. However I think you see some light with you last sentence. However that can only be achieved when the world stops thinking like many nations and acts as one... United as America once SEEMED.
Good luck brother... May the force be with you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
People get three things routinely mixed up with another, they are; truth, conspiracy and disinformation. This means that many stories and UFO reports are, overtime, far from the truth as a consequence of so many people trying to find out the same thing but in-turn, causing more disinformation. I've seen it on this forum since I've registered here. Posters seem to jump to conclusions or automatically condemn sightings as hoaxes instead of looking into the true facts of the matter, this then causes disinformation and then leads to people making up silly conspiracies. If there is anything out there you can bet it is more sophisticated then we are and whoever these 'aliens' are, they are thought to be working alongside our governments already as has been suggested by former security service personnel. I, however, think different.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I, however, think different.

I, however, think different... from you. Or is in know different. Yeah I KNOW it is. No offense.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

For now - it's all in the eye of the beholder (see my sig).

In your case, the eyes may be a bit fogged up, is my guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's for me to know and for you to find out, isn't it?

I would be interested to know what you really think and why. Why do you think the truth is seemingly useless and why do you think seeking for the truth will bring anything forward that you don't know already? I look forward to your response and our continuing debate.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Truth be told- The majority of us Earthling's still don't know, why these ET's come visit our Earth, or where they come from. Yet, we still live in a exciting and mysterious time when the ET's travel our "friendly?" skies with complete abandon and bravado.

Foofighter's,

Erno86

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Your first sentence is spot on. I totally agree. Although you do not seem totally convinced. And based on wat more than 99% of the population thinks, I am not surprised in the least if that is how you really think.

The second sentence, I am guessing you are talking about the world ending or the world being ushered into a new era of untold knowledge. Yes you are right. But events here on earth and in space seem to point in the direction that the true apocalypse is upon us. Either way of interpretation, whether it be the truth death or an era of untold knowledge or both, that time is upon us.

And as for the rest of your post I do believe I covered that in the OP.

I do hope that your future posts contain information that is much more easy to interpret.

Good luck and God Bless.

Now to respond to the other posts.

edit on 27-7-2011 by reptiliannogmar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

For now - it's all in the eye of the beholder (see my sig).

In your case, the eyes may be a bit fogged up, is my guess.

I would like to know how my eyes are fogged up.

And your sig. is the epitome of not only me but my post.

Maybe your glasses are fogged up. I am sure enough about myself and way of thinking that I know certain things to be true, not think them to be true.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Rep, hi
If the examples you gave did actually resemble the truth then I would probably agree that we would be better off not knowing but I don't believe for a moment that the truth is something so awful that its best kept secret. I do believe that the truth does have a very ugly side to it we will have to face at a future point but that can only be a good thing ultimately.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT

That's for me to know and for you to find out, isn't it?

I would be interested to know what you really think and why. Why do you think the truth is seemingly useless and why do you think seeking for the truth will bring anything forward that you don't know already? I look forward to your response and our continuing debate.

The rest of the message was assumptions correct. Although I suspect you connected the dots and came to that conclusion yourself based on your response. I am infact walking the dog instead of letting the dog walk me.

Now, to address your first sentence in the second part of your post. I do not necessarily think that truth is useless. To be honest I think the reverse to be true. However, I believe the truth would only back track "social innovation". It would be self destruction to let the American public in on the truth. Yes there would be some that could perpetuate life with knowledge of the truth however society as a whole would just as I said, back track social innovation, and to add only stifle the perpetuation of life. It might get done but not nearly as fast.

Now for this question you had of me... Why do you think seeking for the truth will bring anything forward that you don't know already?

Please tell me where you got that view of me and I will morph the statement that sparked this question into words that will only further my points without changing any words.

But if I were to answer your question as if I was trying to get that view across... The truth is already out there not just in the way you want. And I mean the WHOLE TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

Rep, hi
If the examples you gave did actually resemble the truth then I would probably agree that we would be better off not knowing but I don't believe for a moment that the truth is something so awful that its best kept secret. I do believe that the truth does have a very ugly side to it we will have to face at a future point but that can only be a good thing ultimately.

"Closed are the eyes of man, even when the truth is right in front of them"...

By: Reptiliannogmar

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join