It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first-ever open presidential nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Imagine what our election system might look like if it were designed today: No Byzantine electoral college, no long lines on a random Tuesday, no closed primaries that force candidates into the arms of their party’s special interests. Modern Madisons and Hamiltons would try to devise a process that’s open, online, citizen-driven, and capable of producing leaders that can unify the nation once in office.

That’s the idealist vision driving a new group, Americans Elect, which has quietly collected enough signatures to secure a 2012 ballot line in eight states, including Arizona, Michigan, and Missouri. They will soon submit an unprecedented 1.6 million signatures in California.

The ballot position they’re securing isn’t for a specific platform, person, or ideology, but rather an entirely new way to elect a president. As Elliot Ackerman, the group’s chief operating officer, explains it, “This isn’t a third party—it’s a second process.”

This site explains it better than I can:
pressdemocrat.com

And here's the links to the Americans Elect website and Facebook:
Americans Elect
Facebook
edit on 26-7-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We need a complete restructure....Not just a new president, although Ron Paul looks better by the day to me!!! We have to get the idiots in office in charge of voting for bills out of there and COMPLETELY redone!! If we could do that I think we can salvage what we have and be able to start fresh with people who want to make the world better not just themselves along with their pocketbooks!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just checked out the website and did the questionnaire. This seems like a very good idea. If this really works for the 2012 election and all states have an equal opportunity to get more choice, it will make this country feel more like the constitutional democratic republic it has always intended to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I thought it sounded like a good idea, too.
I filled out the questionnaire, but didn't register, just signed up for updates. I wanted to get some feedback from the people on ATS before I jump in.

top topics

join