It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gunrunning sting gone fatally wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

A gunrunning sting gone fatally wrong

www.washingtonpost.co m

Fast and Furious began with a noble goal.

On Oct. 26, 2009, the directors of the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration and ATF and the top federal prosecutors in the Southwestern border states met with the deputy attorney general at the Justice Department to plot strategy for combating Mexican cartels. A key problem: the tens of thousands of guns coming from the United States to arm the drug traffickers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
this is a very long 5 page expose and I am still reading through it all so I will add some thoughts here in a bit but for now here is a tasty tidbit to wet your whistle on...

The spotlight was now moving toward senior Justice officials, including Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. The attorney general told Issa that he did not learn about Fast and Furious until this spring. President Obama had said that Holder told him he would not have allowed guns to go into Mexico.

At the hearing, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), the top Democrat on the committee, tried to turn the discussion toward gun control, noting that even the whistleblowers said they didn’t have the tools to stop firearms trafficking to Mexico.

Issa cut Cummings off, saying that was not their focus.

That's how a pro tried to change the subject... and how another pro takes controls and brings the decision right back on topic... well add more once I have the chance to read it all

www.washingtonpost.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

As I go along here I found this to add... found in the middle of page two

The plan they developed was permitted under ATF rules, had the legal backing of U.S. Attorney Dennis K. Burke in Phoenix, and had been approved and funded by a task force at the Justice Department, ATF’s parent agency.

so the gunwalker scandal did indeed have DOJ permission and was funded by same...
back to reading...

okay over on page three I found this...

ATF agents stationed in Mexico were also raising objections, according to a congressional report that will be released Tuesday. Darren Gil, ATF attache to Mexico, and his deputy, Carlos Canino, were alarmed by the large number of weapons being recovered at bloody crime scenes in Mexico and being traced to Phoenix.

Altogether, the straw purchasers bought 2,020 firearms during Fast and Furious, according to law enforcement officials. Of those guns, 227 were recovered in Mexico; 363 have been recovered in the United States.

An additional 1,430 remain on the streets.
back to reading

the top of page four

On Dec. 22, an item appeared on Cleanupatf.org, a site founded by dissident ATF agents. The post said that an ATF official in Phoenix “approved more than 500 AR-15 type rifles” to be “walked” to Mexico. Some bloggers speculated that ATF was encouraging the smuggling to boost the numbers of U.S. weapons recovered in Mexico to gain support for an assault-weapons ban.

so whistle blowers were talking about this almost a year before the rest of us learned of what happened

Vola we do have a smoking gun... down at the bottom of page five

“I do have serious concerns that the attorney general should have known a lot more than he says he knew,” said Issa, who is holding another Fast and Furious hearing Tuesday. “In some ways, I’m more disappointed that he’s saying he didn’t know than if he says he was getting briefings and he didn’t understand.”

So holder was getting regular briefs and updates... but he claims he didn't understand their nature... he didn't understand my "A" if he is to stupid to understand what his field agents are telling him, then for gods sake why was he appointed to that post
edit on 26-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I also found another related news story over on CNN
ATF officials admit mistakes in Operation Fast and Furious gun program
those officals are William Newell, former special agent in charge of the Phoenix field office and William McMahon, the head of western field operations for ATF

They also said the ATF failed to inform Mexican authorities of the program, or to even notify U.S. officials in Mexico.

The tactic "is insane," said Carlos Canino, acting ATF attache to Mexico.

"I can say with authority 'walking guns' is not a recognized investigative technique," Canino testified. "These guns went to ruthless criminals. ... It infuriates me that people, including my law enforcement, diplomatic and military colleagues, may be killed or injured with these weapons."

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Turn your head and look into the past a couple years.... You will see top democrats engaging the gun control debate at the behest of the mexican govt. The argument was "more american gun control so guns dont end up in mexico" the mexican officials were fairly caught up in this and i seem to remember hillary clinton jumping in on the subject. Fast forward to today andc we now know the atf used taxpayer money to fun d a project that allowed felons to buy guns (yep they did) and then they watched those guns go across the border and repeatedly become used by cartels to murder people including a border patrol agent. Americans...your tax dollars paid for this. What will happen to the atf folks that dreamed this nightmare up? The obama cronies that assisted? Most likely NOTHING. How sick is this administration??? DEMAND JUSTICE AMERICA!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just another false flag created by Obama and Co. for gun legislation.
Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What's the big deal?
It's only 1,510 more guns in the hands of the Mexican cartels.
Care to bet they never report how many ended up being found used in the commission of crimes?

This reminds me Iran/Contra in miniature,
Let's hope we get better results from our justice system this time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't go placing any bets on Justice being served this time...
after all the US Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.... is the prime suspect in this case...
question is... did it go up even higher????

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks Daddybare, for this post. I have done some research this morning myself on F&F because I am going to compose a letter to my state leaders.

This is amazing. We were subjected to 24-hour media coverage over Clinton receiving a blow job from an intern, and yet we've gotta dig around to find info on one of the biggest scandals in U.S. history. I was equally amazed at the fact that the Republicans were quick today to claim they would initiate impeachment proceedings against Obama over the budget issue, yet they aren't making such impeachment proclamations with respect to Obama or Holder over this, even though it is beginning to implicate Holder and Obama more and more!

This sham has resulted in the death of at least one (now they claim possibly TWO) agents and god knows how many other lives will be taken with those guns that are still out there. I also read in my research today that some of these guns were used by cartel members who tried to shoot down a helicopter occupied by some of our agents in a previous shootout. No one was injured in that one, apparently.

I can't even wrap my brain around this whole thing. It's outrageous.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I bet those who gave in thier guns for toys, remember that few years ago? feel duped now* disarm the public, but its ok for the FEDS to sell guns to gangs and drug dealers. to me this is evidence the CIA does smuggle coc aine and heroin in too. shady business. thats how they get funding for their black co op operations. dosnt take a genius to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Don't go placing any bets on Justice being served this time... after all the US Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.... is the prime suspect in this case... question is... did it go up even higher????

Issa isn't messing around. He seems pretty intent on getting to the bottom of this. They already attempted a smear campaign of Issa over some stock incident to deflect the attention away from this F&F thing, but it seems to have already fizzled out from what I can see.

There is no way in hell Holder didn't know. I think Obama knew, too. High-ranking officials from numerous offices, including the U.S. Attorney's Office attended meetings to discuss this program. As quickly as Obama's bunch has tried to legislate new gun restrictions since this scandal broke, it's obvious that this was a false flag op that involved people all the way at the top.
edit on 26-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Daddybare, I don't know if you caught this thread I posted the other day. It only survived briefly....LOL.

I'd be curious to know where the serial numbers on this guy's guns traced back to? ATF helping the Mexicans put guns in the hands of criminals in the border states to support new gun control laws perhaps?

Illegal alien, dealing meth and guns right out of his car in broad daylight in the Home Depot parking lot. ATF busts him and he's indicted on six federal charges. How much more outrageous can the hypocrisy get?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Meanwhile other developments in the "scene", the F&F "gunrunners" should have been stopped by NICS (lol, gag):
From Email sent by Alan Korwin at Gunlaws

FBI Implicated in Gun-Smuggling Operation

In other news, an insider source investigating BATFE's gun smuggling to vicious Mexican drug cartels, reveals that several of the so-called "straw purchasers" were prohibited possessors, or had suspended drivers' licenses and other problems that should have prevented them from passing the NICS background check.

Three of the straw purchasers, now indicted, had criminal histories, including a pending class 3 felony charge for burglary, an order of protection, a domestic-violence conviction, and a felony for resisting arrest, later reduced (and criminal damage charge dropped). Any of these should have prevented, or at least delayed purchases when they hit the FBI NICS computer. One defendant even had a CCW permit, under circumstances that seem suspicious but remain unclear.

CBS Link

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Just another false flag created by Obama and Co. for gun legislation.
Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

And look a Norwegian nut gunning down a crowd of people....

How convenient....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Lets just keep it simple, President Obama and Holder's Justice Department have got serious egg on their face! I am not for one instant comfortable with their candor on this topic. Our own agents got killed by these weapons along the border and while on assignment in Mexico, and who knows how many Mexican citizens that got killed as result of this debacle? Another thing to keep in mind is just as easy to walk these weapons back across the border as it was to get them into Mexico. Who knows how many were victims of these weapons on the streets of America?

Some have said this echoes back to Iran/Contra, and I have to agree with that. However, this time a Democrat is in the office of the President. I wonder if the reporting would be more extensive if there was someone in the office of President from the other side of the isle? I don't want to go the partisan route on this, because that is not the point here. However, the blackout by the mainstream media is very troubling.

They can go on and on about Amy Winehouse, the Casey Anthony trial, and countless other trivial pursuits and nothing about a scandal that has blood on it? Then, we have a Justice Department that seems to be obstructing an official Congressional inquiry on the subject? Lets face it, the Justice Department is trying to cover its tracks. I hope we can get to the bottom of this mountain of excrement, and those responsible whoever they are get punished for it! This whole thing is disgusting!

edit on 26-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

And look a Norwegian nut gunning down a crowd of people....

[/quote

GEE, I wonder if that gun will trace back to Holder and Obama....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

...ets face it, the Justice Department is trying to cover its tracks. I hope we can get to the bottom of this mountain of excrement, and those responsible whoever they are get punished for it! This whole thing is disgusting!

How about conspiracy to commit murder??? Or better yet hand the whole bunch over to MEXICO for trial! I understand Mexican jails are very nice

2,000 plus guns is NOT a frackn' sting, as someone else said it is another Iran/Contra.

My thread from the first of the year: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack where I detail how the Mexican border is intentionally being stripped of protection plus this "Gunrunning Sting"
Sure looks REAL suspicious.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im wondering if Obama and Holder could be brought up on charges of treason related to this? Those guns killed Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, and ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata. Maybe some of those guns were even used in the murders of Arizona rancher Randy Krentz, and New Mexico business owner Larry Link as well.

Every year about 4,500 Americans are killed by illegal immigrants or Mexican drug cartels/drug smugglers. When is enough enough?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Every year about 4,500 Americans are killed by illegal immigrants or Mexican drug cartels/drug smugglers. When is enough enough?

Source? The US Embassy warden tell me something like 125 Americans die in Mexico each year, or maybe that is more like 1,125. That would include traffic fatalities, aged retirees living here, vacationers, or by any various means.

Is there really that disproportionate an amount in the US? Why is it such a violent country?

edit on 27-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

These numbers are domestic deaths, not Americans who die/get killed in Mexico while on vacation or retired. About half of them are killed by DUI illegal immigrants and the other half from general crime and drug smugglers.
edit on 27-7-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have been very informed by your posts DaddyBare, thanx. I have been starring and flagging your posts a lot lately. I'll be putting you on my friend's list, if I haven't already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join