It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You can address me directly if you so possess the spine my friend. I would venture to say that I have seen much more of that country and have a much better grip on what goes on from an operational standpoint than you do. Why would you ever want to hear the opinion of a man who has been there and seen it first hand? No chance that the individual possesses some advanced knowledge of the situation is there?

I don't make a habit of telling people what they want to hear, that is a coward's tactic, and the fact that you would accuse me of such is actually quite angering, as much as an anonymous internet message can be at least. How about you show some respect for people who are trying to share impartial knowledge with you from a first-hand account.

Seems as if you read the sensational bullsquat that parallels your much hated "MSM." Sensationalism should be frowned upon no matter the source and if we're going to speculate on something and someone we know nothing about, I would say you only believe what you want to believe. You have made up your mind on what the facts are without ever stepping within 4000km of Afghanistan or Iraq.
edit on 26-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

First off......i live 3800km from Iraq
Im in England, not the USA.

I did not wish to address you, otherwise i would have quoted from your post...or even replied to your post.

I shall however make a short response as i have nothing better to do for 5 minutes.

I dont support the troops...sorry. No matter what you tell me or threaten me with my position will stand. You see, some people are born with ethics, others have to learn them. I believe war is evil and unnecessary, killing innocent people solves nothing. There will always be civilian casualties, reasons being, human error...wrong building hit, crossfire, unexploded ordnance etc etc. Plus we have only our lying, cheating governments word the other people are legitimate targets.

If someone invaded your country and started killing people in your street would you sit back and let them do it? Of course not, you would pull out your gun and shoot them dead. If you couldnt do that you would indoctrinate a child or slow adult into going to say hello to the troops to blow himself/herself up.

I dont agree with the killing of troops nor the killing of indoctrinated young/old people. This is war though, a disgusting waste of human life!!

You were trained to obey orders......i have a clear conscience...i hope you do.

Thats it...you know know how i feel about war, and the reasons i do not believe the first thing im told by ANYONE.

This thread was about a boy being blown up in an explosion purported to be from an experimental bomb the taliban had created...right.
Media says 100% Taliban...PROPAGANDA......they only have one side of the story. Thats what propaganda is...selecting facts selectively...using loading messages, the boy is the loaded message.

Im done...maybe i shall return, maybe i wont....who knows lol

Stay safe dude...i dont like the army thing, on a personal level we may get on..who knows...i care for my fellow human beings, including you

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I care for my fellow humans as well. There is quite literally 0% chance that humanity will up and lay down its arms. We started recorded history with weapons in our hands and we will most likely die or kill off our species with weapons in hand. I am quite fond of ideals, however they are usually impractical. If everyone in the UK put down their weapons and refused to fight I guaran-god-damn-tee you that the UK would not exist for long.

The world sucks, humanity is not as squeaky clean as you would like. The only reason you are able to continue to live a life of relative luxury is due to men and women who have been and continue to be willing to do violence on your behalf. Every time you turn on the air conditioner, use a phone or watch TV you are taking part in the result of men and women who DO fight. Life is not a perfect black and white picture, it is purely shades of grey. If you think all of the world's problems are as easily solved as "I don't like to fight so I won't," then you have a long way to go.

When you addressed the other poster regarding my words then you inadvertently involved me in this conversation. You actually made it sound as if you had a better idea as to what is going on in Afghanistan than I do. Something along the lines of a man who has seen very little of the country.

I've gone through my "peace for everyone" phase. It was great. A lot of those ideals are necessary to drive progress towards a better future. Ideals in and of themselves are worthless though. Unless you can come up with feasible actions to implement those ideals, what good are they?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

If everyone in the UK put down their weapons and refused to fight I guaran-god-damn-tee you that the UK would not exist for long.

I wasnt saying that at all. You have misinterpreted my post.
Territorial Armies...yea, they are needed. Without someone protecting your borders or airspace you are obviously a sitting duck. So there calls for an army to PROTECT your homeland of course.

Im sure if we did do this though, the USA would be the first find some reason why they needed to be here....probably to protect us from everyone else lol.

Anyways....onwards

The world sucks, humanity is not as squeaky clean as you would like. The only reason you are able to continue to live a life of relative luxury is due to men and women who have been and continue to be willing to do violence on your behalf. Every time you turn on the air conditioner, use a phone or watch TV you are taking part in the result of men and women who DO fight. Life is not a perfect black and white picture, it is purely shades of grey. If you think all of the world's problems are as easily solved as "I don't like to fight so I won't," then you have a long way to go.

Your assuming everything in this paragraph.

I dont want a brand new phone every 5 minutes, or the latest ipod. I have luxuries obviously, but im not a mind dead consumer like most of the drones/sheeple.

You are coming from a military standpoint....you have been trained to think we all want you or need you doing what you are doing to keep us happy, content.... tax paying, consumers.

90% of the crap in my life i dont need. Im told i need it through that moron box from a young age and conditioned into thinking buying useless crap will make me happy. Some people wake up
I have, and many many other people are doing the same thing.

I dont want tainted goods.

When you addressed the other poster regarding my words then you inadvertently involved me in this conversation. You actually made it sound as if you had a better idea as to what is going on in Afghanistan than I do. Something along the lines of a man who has seen very little of the country.

I was pointing out that you had probably only seen a small proportion of operations going on in the country. Therefor your statements are not infallible, given that what you had seen was a very small percentage of what was going on.
Why trust you over anyone else was the point.

I've gone through my "peace for everyone" phase. It was great. A lot of those ideals are necessary to drive progress towards a better future. Ideals in and of themselves are worthless though. Unless you can come up with feasible actions to implement those ideals, what good are they?

Default on our debts and tell the bankers and their thieving little cronies to go f*** themselves.
I think that would be a great start.

Sorry i cant write more, im shattered and need my bed

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

There's not much that I can say that's going to slam reality home with you. Hate to tell you, you are as much a sheep as anyone else. Just thinking about how things should be different makes you no different at all.

You have a very narrow-sighted perspective of the world. This includes everything from intercultural competence to political understanding. Take care man.

You need to incorporate a little realism into your thinking and approach of our problems as a species. A quick example is your plan to "default on your debts." Again, this is not a feasible solution. Do you understand how currency works, we'll start at the local level and work up to a global scale. Unless you can think of ways to responsibly institute a new system, much less create that revolutionary new system, your ideas are meaningless. It's the cold, hard and sometimes saddening facts of life. Wishing upon a star never did anyone for anything.

How old are you?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

Apparently, according to Afghans, the Taliban may have been testing a new bomb made from a soda bottle. The boy’s name is Jalil, and our people estimate that Jalil is 6 to 8-years-old. Jalil was picking grapes with his brother when the Taliban, according to reporting, told the boy to step on the bomb. It blew off his right leg below the knee, leaving hamburger on the stump, and fractured his femur. Afghans brought Jalil to the nearby American base called COP Kolk, where 4-4CAV Soldiers treated him. A helicopter took Jalil and his father to Kandahar Airfield for advanced treatment.

I asked the Taliban spokesman for his take on this, and he emailed back that “It is enemy propaganda.” The evidence is against him.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

YOU CANNOT TRUST THE MSM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join