It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California approves Dream Act...California seeks $5billion Bridge Loan to pay bills Wow!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Its decesions and times like this, i wish the san adreas fault would act up so sever, CA would RIPP and sink right off the coast within a 4 day period, and the only ones whop didnt escape, where the politicans and leaders.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
You know who should hate this the most?

Legal immigrants.

After doing what they were supposed to, learning the language, and (hopefully) assimilating to the culture of the area, basically to be get back handed and told "haha, you could have had more by breaking the law! Heres some salt, we're going to rub it into your wounds".

I would be pissed many times over at this if I was a legal immigrant.

Assuming I even came to the US.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Some people wait years for their opportunity to come to the United States legally, and who can blame them? For all of our faults, in the U.S. an immigrant can work hard and make a life for themselves and their family that they could never have imagined in the "old country."

This country was founded on immigration from foreign shores and it has been a cornerstone of her policy ever since the first Europeans landed at Plymouth Rock. I have absolutely nothing against anyone - no matter what their color, religion, or ethnic background - coming to the U.S.; in fact, I welcome them with open arms, just as long as they get in line at the nearest U.S. embassy for their visa.

Allowing illegal immigrants to have ANY BENEFITS WHATSOEVER (aside from emergency, life-saving medical treatment) is not only a slap in the face to legal immigrants, but it should also be a crime. Actually, I believe it is: accessory after the fact, where the original crime is illegal entry into the U.S.

Now it's time to start prosecuting those who enable illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I work for a CVS pharmacy, in southwest CT. im a lega citizen. my mother came here in 1952, 5 years old, from Austria, to ellis isalnd* over the past 12 years working thier, the manager has hired illegal immigrants, some of who work in the pharmacy* going through here, the CT board of labor, homeland security, and ICE, its so much red tape and beuracracy. they get special treatment and promotions, and me, get the ass kick n fork.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
basically, calling even governemnt buildings your supposed to report them too..around me it seems they dont care at all. thas what ive learned.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am surprised nobody read the bill, specially here on ATS. The bill is not for illegal immigrants, the article from Reuters is a lie.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Dream Act is a good thing.

All you who would prefer fences, walls, and sniper rifles are really just hateful racist people. Any reasonable person would have a little empathy and want a fair solution, but you feel threatened and only care about yourself, and basically only feel contempt for these people.

If anyone deserves to be protected from invasion it was the Native Americans who's land we stole, who's families we massacred. So, quit spewing this stupid entitlement that you're an American because you had ancestry that stole this place from the original inhabitants. Show a little humanity... and maybe even a little humility.

These families are so desperate for a chance to live in a better place that they die to get here. They risk everything for the chance of opportunity that the U.S. represents. They come here and they get sh*t jobs, where they get paid nothing, and get no respect. People do what they have to... kids move with their parents... The Dream Act helps those minors who were brought to the U.S. and who complete high school, and remain in good moral character, a way to legitimize themselves, and a way to be officially recognized as the Americans they've grown to be.

edit on 26-7-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
AWESOME,.
lets just throw some more poop on the senseless owe pile...
and to add non american peoples...
isnt it enough that our gas stations and hotels are owned by NON TAX PAYING NON-AMERICANS

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

5 billion? That could have gone to help funding a boarder fence with a deadly current running through it, with guard towers manned with marksmen with long range rifles. Instead, this is how its used... giving parasites free education to help them parasite even better.

It should be obvious to even the average american idol watching prole, that the governments of most states and the federals allegiances do not lie with America, nor the American people.

NWO super state NAU, fast under construction....

Yet alot of people want Ron Paul to win who will give these idiot leaders in the States even more power to do crap like this that the federal government won't be able to stop at all.

And people wonder why he's a bad choice.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boniknik
I am surprised nobody read the bill, specially here on ATS. The bill is not for illegal immigrants, the article from Reuters is a lie.

Enlighten us please because I keep reading information like this.

AB 130 allows undocumented students attending California state universities to apply for financial aid funded by the private sector. Previously, there were three attempts to pass bills similar to AB 130 but they all failed. The bill becomes active January 1, 2012.

The second part of the bill, AB 131, is still in the Senate. This part would allow undocumented students to apply for state financial aid. Brown has hinted, according to the LA Times, that he will likely back this more controversial bill if it comes across his desk.

www.christianpost.com...

I have not actually read the text of the Bill itself. If I lived in California I most certainly would.

The L.A. Times

Following through on a campaign promise, Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law Monday easing access to privately funded financial aid for undocumented college students. He also signaled that he was likely to back a more controversial measure allowing those students to seek state-funded tuition aid in the future.

www.latimes.com...

NBC Los Angeles

Gov. Jerry Brown signed one such dream act on Monday -- state legislation to permit undocumented California students to receive financial aid from private sources -- and indicated he'd support a related bill to make such students eligible for public financial aid.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

Yep, they are all saying the same thing as Reuters although I think I understand what you're saying.

Reuters calls the students Illegal Immigrants while the rest of the news outlets call them undocumented.

Am I correct? I know that most of them were brought here by they parents however, illegal is illegal no matter how hard you try to win the semantics game. What happens to these undocumented kids after they graduate from a California State College? They are still undocumented and they may just pick up and leave the state that gave them their education. Who's going to legally hire an undocumented student? Does the law require them to stay in California after college? That just wouldn't seem right would it?

Where does the nonsense end for a state that is flat broke and sinking deeper in the hole with the passing of each day?

edit on 26-7-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I live in and grew up in Los Angeles,,,

The most maddening part of this is that anyone who complains about illegal immigration is automatically labelled as a racist. Any kind of act that seems to deny illegal immigrants anything is met by protests that shut down highly trafficked parts of the city. Any kind of enforcement brings the danger of lawsuits galore.

And is is seriously insulting that the Mexican government will scream if any law gets passed or gets enforced that has something to do with illegal immigrants yet Mexico itself has some of the toughest illegal immigration laws in the world. The hypocrisy is astounding but the silence about this truth is even more shocking.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

As a foreword, I am a college student so i know a few of these students who have been working their butts off to pay non-resident fees in the past by doing hard labor such as gardening and cleaning houses:
Do you think these illegals who are going to be allowed to attain PRIVATE scholarships *and if anyone who's ever been to college knows that yearly, these private scholarships go unused* do not speak english? These students *and i know quite a few and some are my closets friends* were brought here by their irresponsible parents as toddlers, and quite honestly, which 0-4 year olds can make their own decisions? The state isn't even footing the bill for their education therefore these kids aren't even eligible for money from the state. What are we supposed to do with them? Toss them back to a country that seems as alien to them as it does to us? Punish them for a mistake that wasn't made by them? And don't give me the *if we do this it will only encourage more of them to come* because honestly that's the most asinine argument ever given in opposition to this issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boniknik

Yep all lies. You are right..

I can't recall but if you are a US citizen, then you are documented, right?
So, if you are undocumented, then you are.........

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
The Dream Act is a good thing.

All you who would prefer fences, walls, and sniper rifles are really just hateful racist people. Any reasonable person would have a little empathy and want a fair solution, but you feel threatened and only care about yourself, and basically only feel contempt for these people.

If anyone deserves to be protected from invasion it was the Native Americans who's land we stole, who's families we massacred. So, quit spewing this stupid entitlement that you're an American because you had ancestry that stole this place from the original inhabitants. Show a little humanity... and maybe even a little humility.

These families are so desperate for a chance to live in a better place that they die to get here. They risk everything for the chance of opportunity that the U.S. represents. They come here and they get sh*t jobs, where they get paid nothing, and get no respect. People do what they have to... kids move with their parents... The Dream Act helps those minors who were brought to the U.S. and who complete high school, and remain in good moral character, a way to legitimize themselves, and a way to be officially recognized as the Americans they've grown to be.

edit on 26-7-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

Then do it the right and lawful way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

5 billion? That could have gone to help funding a boarder fence with a deadly current running through it, with guard towers manned with marksmen with long range rifles. Instead, this is how its used... giving parasites free education to help them parasite even better.

It should be obvious to even the average american idol watching prole, that the governments of most states and the federals allegiances do not lie with America, nor the American people.

NWO super state NAU, fast under construction....

Yet alot of people want Ron Paul to win who will give these idiot leaders in the States even more power to do crap like this that the federal government won't be able to stop at all.

And people wonder why he's a bad choice.

States rights man.

Let Komifornia do it. When the state fails, then the Fed Govt should let it fail and thus the consequences are suffered of poor choices.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join