It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Wu (D-OR) to Resign Following Accusations Over Sexual Encounter With Young Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Breaking news across the wires. Red. Wu will be resigning as soon as the House finishes its ethics investigation into him over claims of sexual misconduct.

Source

Democratic Rep. David Wu, facing eroding support from his party, plans to resign following allegations that he had a forced sexual encounter with a young woman last year.

The Oregon congressman said Tuesday that he would step down pending "resolution" of the debt-ceiling crisis. The announcement comes after he initially told colleagues he wanted to stay in office until the end of his term in early 2013.

"The time has come to hand on the privilege of high office," Wu said in a statement. "I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was reading this earlier. Its a good thing he finally did. They were tailing about the guy being genuinely crazy here on the news the other day. This scandal has been going on for a while now though. No one here would have voted for him though.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
I was reading this earlier. Its a good thing he finally did. They were tailing about the guy being genuinely crazy here on the news the other day. This scandal has been going on for a while now though. No one here would have voted for him though.

crazy would be an understatement... Have you seen thie picture of this guy dressed up in what looks like a mascot suit?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah. I assumed he was just drunk or high, but I am now convinced he is crazy.
Hopefully the next person wont be crazy.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah. I assumed he was just drunk or high, but I am now convinced he is crazy.
Hopefully the next person wont be crazy.

Lol when I saw the picture I had a flash back to the tv show CSI. They investigated a murder and the people they were dealing with did the dress up in mascot outfits...

goofy

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Latest I heard is that he will resign when the budget crisis has been resolved.

Force him out now! I don't want his crazy input into the deal!

top topics

join