It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embattled Rep. Wu to Resign From Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Embattled Rep. Wu to Resign From Congress

Democratic Rep. David Wu, facing eroding support from his party, plans to resign following allegations that he had a forced sexual encounter with a young woman last year.

The Oregon congressman said Tuesday that he would step down pending "resolution" of the debt-ceiling crisis. The announcement comes after he initially told colleagues he wanted to stay in office until the end of his term in early 2013.

"The time has come to hand on the privilege of high office," Wu said in a statement. "I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations."

Wu cited the "wellbeing of my children" in announcing his decision. He also said his resignation would "avoid any distraction from the important work at hand in Washington."

Awesome! He intends to resign...

However, like all the narcissists in Congress he feels he can't resign before we get to benefit from his obvious and demonstrated good judgment by him being sure to have a role in resolving the Debt Crisis.

Is it me or are all these guys (regardless of party affiliation) huge egos the real issue?

Like Wiener who felt he had to hang on as a duty to the people as if no one else could possibly replace his wisdom - this from a man who photographs his crank and sends it to unsolicited women on the internet.

I mean one has to immediately be suspect of anyone who wants to run for public office - why?

Narcissists every one of them!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's the truth. It's the quiet, modest folks that could save this country but unfortunately a lack of shame and eagerness to pimp yourself is what Americans vote for.

new topics

join