It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent people's DNA profiles won't be deleted after all, minister admits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by doom27

Unfortunately we in the U.K live in a country that is as close to a Police State as is possible without actually declaring it to be so. Just look at the behaviour of the finest from the Met during the whole phone hacking problems and their behaviour during protests. Damn even the Police Medics join in the battering of people and they are meant to be fixing people, go figure.

This what I've been saying for the last few years.

This current government is just as bad as the last one, they tell you one thing and do the exact opposite.
edit on 26/7/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

Yes, the sleaze which is mounting around Cameron with regard to being in bed with Murdoch alone, must make it obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that they are ALL THE SAME.

We need NIGEL FARAGE IN UK PARLIAMENT.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

There was a film made in 1997 about very much the same subject; Gattaca.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer
reply to post by spacedonk

It's about freedom from me, I am a person before i am a member of society, my lookout is for myself or through choise, others. It is not for the good of society that we should curtail freedom, I can see no good coming from the ever slipping of freedom into a culture of watchers. You can choose to let them have your DNA that is your choice, you are free to do so but I choose not to and there lies the problem..

I don't think you understand sniffy.

If you are arrested by the UK police they WILL take your DNA whether you choose or not!
That's what's scary about it, 1984 is well and truly here.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I do understand that and it bolsters all I have been saying, freedom is choice and there is no chioice in this DNA database.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

They could try and screw over, whom ever challenges them in court.

It does not take away the fact, over what they are doing goes against the Ruling from not only the Top Court in the UK, but also the European Court of Human Rights.

It is a complete violation.
edit on 27-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So what happens when that "Anonymised form" is acutally found to be a hit during a crime investigation?

Do they still say "anonymous"?

I'm guessing NO lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Off course not, they are using this to cover their backsides. They wont delete the names that is for sure. Anyone who thinks they will are deluding themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It makes you wonder what the hell are governments doing with DNA except for solving crimes.Look at the wikileaks cables in America signed by Hilary Clinton about stealing U.N. envoys DNA etc.I think there is something really dodgy going on with it.Perhaps a way of depopulation for example maybe by giving folk cancer as the amount of people getting cancers is going up & up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Back in the 90's my buddy got a police stop and they found he had a bald tyre.
He had his DNA taken with swabs at the scene-just for a bald tyre.

I witnessed the event as a passenger.
The policeman actually said to my friend"If you rape anyone now,we have your DNA forever,and we will find you."
All for a bald tyre
I guess his DNA is still on record.

The innocents on the DNA database was deemed illegal by the European court years back-so how come they have managed to keep the records now?
Sounds a bit shady to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this will just end up back in the EU courts & the UK government will lose the case like they did before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join