It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Plus-One coming to ATS on a trial basis...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lol without the Google search engine and big social media websites, ATS would have about 100 active members.

The reason 99% of members are here is because of the so called "devil" and "enemy"

People acting like they don't use search engines

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So, the crack is that we continue to supply input, and now it's received from google as well, so that some people can make money, and the people who do all the work get the "privelege" of belonging to the site?

Sorry, but I can think of easier ways to get mugged that don't rely on me giving my thoughts and time to something that gives nothing back.

Shame on you!

You just made some trillionaire $0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 with that post.

I'm sure they appreciate your contribution.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stella Lotus

My best Brando

Steeeeeeeeeellllllaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If you have a Google account and click the +1, it works much like our Flagging system, but on a more global scale in Google searches.

So does that mean the topic would rank higher in a Google search of non ATS members?

Or is it just a way to connect a topic to your own Google + account, so other + users/friends can see what you are interested in?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So, the crack is that we continue to supply input, and now it's received from google as well, so that some people can make money, and the people who do all the work get the "privelege" of belonging to the site?

Apparently, you refuse to read.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The way I understand it this thing is like a Google flagging system, and brings more attention to ATS threads in search results. Is this correct?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

as usual google has taken the liberty to change the rules at any time it chooses
excerts from the "CONTRACT" called terms and conditions (so it sounds like and end user licence agreement)

4.2 Google is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Google provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.

reserves the right to make changes of any kind with out notification

5.6 You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Google has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Google may suffer) of any such breach.

no legal implications for "leaking user data"

13.2 If you want to terminate your legal agreement with Google, you may do so by (a) notifying Google at any time and (b) closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where Google has made this option available to you. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Google’s address which is set out at the beginning of these Terms.

you CAN ONLY op out with a letter to a street address
why does an INTERNET company ONLY accept account termination in writing on paper?

13.5 When these Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Google have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of paragraph 20.7 shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.

i dont really know what this is saying but my "guess" is google has the right to keep everything you have and never delete anything ever even after requesting account termination

they own your ass

8.5 You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Google has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Google may suffer) by doing so.

any damages arising from use will be on the user
dont crash the site it will be on your head for the costs

can you please tell me why any sane person would sign this document?
i mean have you read it?

do you realize that it may be benign "now" but google has secured the right to change everything at the drop of a hat

so right now it all looks squeeky clean
but if i was a money hungry internet company i would simply just change the definition of which services i supply and make one of them

SELL YOU OUT

so have you read the terms for becoming a +1 user and as a business man i am sure you understand some of this stuff more than i can grasp
but from my lowly opinion this "contract"
IS OPEN ENDED AND IMPOSABLE TO TERMINATE "EVER"

are you concerned?

i am
xploder

edit on 26-7-2011 by XPLodER because: fix brackets

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

As you are well aware Bill, I can read just fine thanks.

And before you or any Mod says it, yes I know no-one forces me to post here - which is why I rarely do these days.

I was one of the more prolific members, as you also know, but I no longer give something for nothing in return.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stella Lotus

Your assumptions are wrong, it's not possible for it to function that way.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

In the most-simple analysis, yes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Then you don't understand what you're reading.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

hi

i wounder if you would like to comment on the contract "NAMED" terms of service
because as far as i can tell there is no way to end that "contract"

do we get a stamp "property of google corp" to stamp on our butts cause once you sign
they own your ass

xploder

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Why are you posting now then? Seriously, if you think you should be paid for posting your thoughts that YOU want to share I would suggest getting an agent and testing the waters of the premium website/book market.

I really mean that, I'm not trying to be coy or obtuse. Really...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Then you don't understand what you're reading.

I'll refer you to my previous answer.

Or perhaps I should state about quadrennial exploitation of the online masses for personal monetary reward?

I have no issue with that, but please don't try to make it soomething it's not, or to pull the wool over my eyes.

Hey, it's your site and you can do what you want, but please don't do me the disservice of thinking I don't know what the point of it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OMG. I feel sorry for the ATS admins.

It's like trying to teach algebra to a gerbil

Why are you people even on the internet? Seriously... If you're that bothered about your privacy you'd burn your PC right NOW. Because like it or not, somebody is tracking you. Your ISP, browser, every other website you frequent, search engines. EVERYONE is storing data on you. And this has been happening since the invention of the computer. It's the very nature of the internet!

It's like having a radio station and complaining that other people can pick it up....... Well obviously!

I'm laughing but it's pretty sad. If Springer didn't have grey hair before ATS, he certainly has now

edit on 26-7-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

It's simple, don't sign up for Google + and you won't be involved at all.

S...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And before you or any Mod says it, yes I know no-one forces me to post here - which is why I rarely do these days.

I was one of the more prolific members, as you also know, but I no longer give something for nothing in return.

Of course that is it, right?

ATS is all about you, and your contributions here, and of course ATS will starve without your input here.

What about the thousands of other members here?

The millions of page views?

Have any idea how much it costs to provide all of this for FREE?

None of that would be possible if ATS didn't do business the way it does, your prolific contributions here would have been seen by maybe 5 people, or less without ATS being managed and run the way it is.

ATS is a place for people from all walks of life, from all over the planet to gather and share opinions, news, information, theories and much more... And the exposure all of the alternative topics get here means that more and more people will see it.

Please, come back and contribute more, when you are finally over yourself.

link   

Thank you for replying. But I can determine the Identity of certain ATS users through google+ from the +1 system. There are variables and it would take me personally quite a bit of work but it can be done.

link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by budski

Why are you posting now then? Seriously, if you think you should be paid for posting your thoughts that YOU want to share I would suggest getting an agent and testing the waters of the premium website/book market.

Springer...

Next time I go to the local grocery shop I'm going to demand an explanation for not being paid for my presence. How dare these people make a profit from me, without giving me money!!!!

I'm bloody angry about this!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by budski

Springer...

Springer, we've been around long enough and know each other well enough not to play those games.

I post occasionally which is a far cry from my 2 or 3 threads a day that I used to.

Like I said, I have no issues with you guys making a ton of money, if you can.

However, I am no longer a part of it, and I just wonder why there is not a little more honesty about the eventual goal.

Like paying mods, ATS radio and other money making sources.

Nothing wrong with it - I just find the PR a little distastefull.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join