It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdochs in line for multi-million dollar bonuses despite phone-hacking crisis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

James Murdoch could soon earn a cash bonus of up to $12m (£7.3m) from News Corporation on top of his $3m salary even though the part of the company he has run has been mired in the phone-hacking scandal, shut one of its flagship British newspapers and been forced to abandon the bid for BSkyB in the wake of cross-party hostility in the UK.

His father Rupert is also entitled to a cash bonus of $25m on top of his salary of $8.1m, depending on the company's assessment of his performance in the year to 30 June. Last week Rupert Murdoch told MPs he was experiencing "the most humble day of my life" when questioned by a parliamentary committee about the phone-hacking crisis.

I've noticed that the news on the Murdoch hacking disgrace has pretty much disappeared from the MSM, (gagging order?), so I had a look around and found this on the Guardian blog section.

This just stinks. Crime isn't supposed to pay, but in the society created by the Parasitic Psychopaths who have usurped power, that is no longer the case. The flow of wealth into their coffers is endless - it never, ever stops. In fact it seems the greater the crimes, the more money flows in.

And we foot the bill, and I've really, really had enough of being screwed.

edit on 26-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

No gagging order, they have still been speaking about it on the news, but I agree not as much as before.

If the Murdoch's had any humanity in them, they would give up their bonuses and give it to the victims of these phone hackings. Will they? NO, they are too greedy to.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by wcitizen

No gagging order, they have still been speaking about it on the news, but I agree not as much as before.

If the Murdoch's had any humanity in them, they would give up their bonuses and give it to the victims of these phone hackings. Will they? NO, they are too greedy to.

Yes, the operative word being 'IF'....and they don't have any. It really is a case of the lunatics having taken over the assylum.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This remark from Killer Tony Blair in an Australian Interview Amuses me.

ritain's best-selling newspaper The Sun - owned by Mr Murdoch's News International - backed Mr Blair in the late '90s after years of supporting the Tories.

"For any political leader who's been operating in Britain for the last 30, 40 years, the power of the media is such that you can't not have a relationship with people who are major and powerful media people," he said.

Ironic from someone who has probably has his pockets lined with money from the Murdochs also.

Blair: Politicians 'Can't Ignore The Media'

top topics

join