It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is it? a question to non believers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I am not hostile at all, my entire post before this one was aimed at your statement that I (which is what you meant) was arrogant for assuming they were praying to MY God.

Also you said just because someone is praying doesn't mean it is tobacco supreme being.... actually it does that's what prayer is. It is always directed at someone/something meaning once again you have some sense of a religion/spiritualism meaning your a beilever and not a NON believer

edit on 7/26/2011 by XJMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XJMatt

What's a tobacco supreme being?

As I said earlier, if they are in fact praying then yes you have a point. However, I tell myself all the time that everything is going to be okay; you can find a way to get out of this hole; don't quit on yourself, etc. It's not a prayer but something I do say to myself. I'm sure most non believers do similar things without doing the "dear God" or the usual opening prayer lines.

I hope that much is clear.
edit on 26-7-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

That is very much clearer and I appreciate you taking the time and effort to let me in on your views. I now see what you are saying about not " praying" as in the normal outlook of the word but more as in " praying " as in a ego pump or like a coach pumping up the team for lack of a better way for me to phrase it.

As far as tabacco supreme being...... I was on an android tablet so it must have predictive texted that into the reply instead of " To a " lol

Kinda sounds like a not so tasty item from taco bell haha
edit on 7/26/2011 by XJMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I read and appreciate all of your comments on prayer, hope you all don't mind if I add a thought here? Prayer by several people works sometimes, doesn't it? I have seen it work. Why is this? you ask. Is there a big omnipotent being sitting up there watching all of us who hears prayers, and answers them accordingly? No! Prayers work because of Human Willpower. People together concentrating on a common goal, whether it be Christians praying to Jesus, or Muslims praying to Allah, or Wiccans praying to the Goddess, it all has the exact same result.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I too believe that prayer works when many pray for the same cause. I believe the focusing of human energy creates a positive force that has the ability to heal,protect or change the outcome of many things.

Regardless of whether or not a supreme being does or does not exist still cannot change the fact that the human mind and spirit when acting with positive energy is a truly amazing tool that can do things which seem unfathomable.

Matt

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Most Athiests, like most christians, are agnostic about their beliefs. That means that the average person will sway either way depending on their beliefs.

The fact that most Atheists don't know all the information that makes the more critical atheists comfortably sure in their beliefs, doesn't say anything about the critical ones. Similar to how most christians sin a lot, and don't read the bible, that doesn't discredit the Christians who are serious about it. There's science for that, not Ad Hominems.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XJMatt

I know some people have mixed views but I have a link HERE that outlines scientific studies of prayer. This one has both the positive and negative side so I don't get flamed for being a persecutor of prayer!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It fits into one of the 7 stages of grief. The deal makeing stage.
But none the less GOD is happy to hear their prayers.
And we should give them no strife in doing so.
Their prayers are in a act of love and I will not judge them in their love.

LOTZA LUV 2 ALL

Edited to add:
I am a christain but in a spiritual way. I believe there is a omnipotent GOD that has many names.
When I read the teaching's of Jesus I see budism. So there for I do not believe he just made himself known to one civilization. But many throughout history.

I just wanted to add so you know I didnt mean "Trinity GOD"
edit on 27-7-2011 by Mividau because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join