It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to escape from the matrix

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by SystemResistor

The average person would not become anything, they would just be.
The mind does not have to be deactivated, it just has to be watched then it will lose its power.
The result is peace, happiness, joy and compassion.
There is no problems when the mind shuts up, yet everything goes on the same but without the judging, worrying and complaining that goes on inside the head. Peace.

To be or to do?
The mind is a hard task master, doing, doing.
Being is being.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

And who is watching the watcher to make sure, that no new doctrinal 'truths' are brought in through the backdoor.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

The mind does not have to be deactivated, it just has to be watched then it will lose its power.
There is no problems when the mind shuts up, yet everything goes on the same but without the judging, worrying and complaining that goes on inside the head. Peace.

To be or to do?
Being is being.

And who is watching the watcher to make sure, that no new doctrinal 'truths' are brought in through the backdoor.

In essence, from each moment to each moment, we can make choices, however, if you can observe, each choice is defined by the parameters of the prediction capacity of the mind construct - many individuals have desires and drives that they would pursue and do not because thier minds know of the consequences or alternativley thier minds are unsure of the results.

If we were to transpose ourselves into the animal mode, what would we do - I have seen, many people are in states of insanity in the natural world, and only seem to be able to maintain a sense of integrity due to thier free-will.

I assume that, when we speak of free will, it is the ability to see our own actions in the past, and with a window, go back in time and alter our actions after we have performed them, in essence, to "take back" our actions when we deemed them to have failed.

The only way that "free will" can occur, the only way that we can predict and alter our own future knowingly - as opposed to a state of "being" when we have no free will - is if we live a step ahead and a step behind the present, the real world being a strand and our capacity for free will being the ability to "edit our own timelines" - thus creating a sense of "time" that owes itself to our ablity to guide our paths along a specified pattern of events and eventualities.

edit on 28-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by System Resistor

How is it possible to stand here in the present and go back to the past and change anything? The mind believes that it can change the past and control the future. The mind, if it is watched and inquired into will show you it is unreliable and delusional. There is a natural intelligence that is far superior to the mind hiding behind the mind, prior to the mind but because the mind is noisy it only hears the mind.
The automatic conditioned human is the one more likely to look trance like, eyes glazed because it is only seeing footage play inside the head.
Standing in the present looking at the present is not without intelligence, it is the only time and place there is any choice, if there is any.

Freewill is debatable though.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

Originally posted by bogomil

To be or to do?
Being is being.

In essence, from each moment to each moment, we can make choices, however, if you can observe, each choice is defined by the parameters of the prediction capacity of the mind construct - many individuals have desires and drives that they would pursue and do not because thier minds know of the consequences or alternativley thier minds are unsure of the results.

If we were to transpose ourselves into the animal mode, what would we do - I have seen, many people are in states of insanity in the natural world, and only seem to be able to maintain a sense of integrity due to thier free-will.

I assume that, when we speak of free will, it is the ability to see our own actions in the past, and with a window, go back in time and alter our actions after we have performed them, in essence, to "take back" our actions when we deemed them to have failed.

The only way that "free will" can occur, the only way that we can predict and alter our own future knowingly - as opposed to a state of "being" when we have no free will - is if we live a step ahead and a step behind the present, the real world being a strand and our capacity for free will being the ability to "edit our own timelines" - thus creating a sense of "time" that owes itself to our ablity to guide our paths along a specified pattern of events and eventualities.

What you describe, is not a bad position to have.

But eventually expectations (however small, regulated or sophisticated) will have a feedback-toll. They create a predetermined frame, restricting the options.

In Paramahansa Yogananda's book: 'The self-biography of a yogi' (if my memory serves me), there's a fascinating illustration of this. And even then it wasn't the full step taken, as the incompleteness of 'bhakti' still dominates the book.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The present is a static point, the past as it is left behind becomes dynamic, that is, the present is actually a shifting function of the past, and the past itself is actually variable - that is, there is no "linear" past, the present is a combination of changing "pasts" and the past that each individual experiences can thus be changed to alter thier present circumstances - that is, the strands of causality can be re-wired regressivley, and thus we can affect our present.

The "future" is the abiltiy to extend particular tracks of the past into an equation that predicts thier eventuality into the present - the "free will" model is based upon a set of knowledge as to the ascertainment of specific actions, that is, a complex model of cause and effect, that can predict an outcome based upon a series of pre-set "causes" that are generally connected to the time-alteration system.

The paradox of freewill, is that, we know why we do what we do and what causes us to do what we do, and with that retrospective knowledge, we are able to change what were were about to do with consideration of what we would have done if we were otherwise controlled or influenced by external or observable circumstance.

Such a system requires the awareness to be one step ahead of itself, that can look back into the action that it did perform, and then, go back in time to the inception of that action, and choose an alternate action with respect to the action that "would" have been taken.

For example, a cat does not know the exact moment at which it will strike its target or when it will react - however, we are able to do so, to the extent that we can plan our precise actions with a predictablity margin that approaches 100% when it comes to physical actions such as moving limbs or speech - the only way to do this is to know what we are going to do before we do it, and the "first response" is already played out in our mind, and we have the ability to think and thus "recycle" until we "decide" on the particular action to take, in respect to the action that we would have naturally performed - that is, naturally learnt or instinctive actions.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Interesting ideas.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Do you think you can change the past or control the future? I'm not sure if you answered that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You can try an experiment, take an object, and then use your knowledge to place the object from one side of the table to the other - basically once completed, you have predicted the future to a margin of almost 100%.

An animal might move an object, but it did not know why or where that object was going to move and its action of moving that object was instantaneous.

That being said, behaviours are refined over many years, patterns that reinforce survival, as well as other unique characteristics that were collected along the way - we all have that core, and we can resort to it when times are rough, although we always know that we have an ace up our sleeves as we have freewill.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Freewill means to beable to choose freely. What are new years resolutions for? Why are people fat, why do people smoke and not want to?
Check out wikipedia for their definition. Freewill has not been proven.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
One of the best read post i've seen on ATS for a long time. You made great use of careful wording and language. But where is the practical use of this? so you accept everything is made from atoms, so reality is nothing more then matters so where do you go next?

The following thread compliments this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This is worth looking at if your investigating the matrix:-

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

S+F on the thread. I enjoy such ones...I do have a question for you though. Why excatly do you want or have escaped from matrix? I do believe that we are here or have been sent here for a purpose. Is this purpose that we learn how to espace from it?

It just doesn`t sound right by even asking that question=)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

Very true , we have created this 3D construct for a reason. We have brought in limitations for a reason.

Having said that , there is no reason why we can't have chosen to wake up within the 3D construct , if that construct was no longer servicing us.

3D reality is a playground , a way of throwing out aspects of our souls and moving the pieces around to find from those experiences what we are.

If you have a thought in your head about a way of doing something an action to change or modify something, the only was we can perceive the merits of that thought , is to externalize it.

So the 3D reality is our construct for externalizing aspects of what we think. It is the table upon which we throw the pieces to make sense of our internal concepts.

Now if we look at our selves as separate and all in the process of this externalization in the 3D , we have somewhat of a highly chaotic mess.

We then feed this information to our collective consciousness and now wonder the world is the way it is today.

On the other hand , if we know we are all feeding the collective with our manifestations and that we are all one connected at the most basic level , that if unity can be achieved , then perhaps a more caring a humane world would result in the 3D . This is not judging that what we have engaged in so far is wrong , only that perhaps we are beginning to see a different way of throwing those pieces on the table.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
OK. Great explanation how it works, but Why? What the hell is this thing we call reality? We are human scientists from the far future immersed in this experiment, this experience of our ancient history. I am a cultural anthropologist, you perhaps have a different expertise. Waddya think?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

This is not judging that what we have engage in so far is wrong , only that perhaps we are beginning to see a different way of throwing those pieces on the table.

I hope so...if that, what you described, is the case. And I believe this to be true, because if worldbot is collecting our thoughts based on our queries and interest, then so must we as one consciousness. In fact, the bot was designed excatly for the same purpose=)

The other thing that I can`t get rid of my mind and also why i have doubts of the first idea(although more inclined to it), is that I`m unsure whether we are or have been sent here willingly or forcefully. Both ways have reasons but probably very different in nature, that is why I was asking him that question.

And also makes me wonder why do we percieve this world only in 3 dimensions, like you said, it`s a playground, but for who? For us or for someone else who is keeping us here?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This guy is seriously out in the left field, but he has some interesting ideas:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Matrix is all we have and all we know. Why would anyone want to escape it?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It was just a movie...

Exactly how after watching the movie Truman Show people with mental disorders began thinking they were also part of a TV show

en.wikipedia.org...

The matrix delusion... Just remind affected that it was a movie... By the Wachowski Brothers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join