It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to escape from the matrix

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Before there were physical form's, there were etheric souls and bodies.
Once the physical form 'dies' the etheric soul / body moves on once more...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yep, I agree wholeheartedly. I am the ONE as are we all. Right? I mean like Bingo, I finally got it. So what am I still doing here? What are you still doing here? Because you are me and I am you. WHAT ARE WE/ME still doing here?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I'm about to star and flag it since you seem to know what I once thought I knew and now am not sure about anymore... one question for you, if you know the answer: what is "interference"?

Wow - that's exactly how I feel. Sometimes I'm so sure I've "got it" - only to completely lose it again for days, weeks, months. I'm thinking that's part of the process and eventually the period of time where you "get it" lengthens and the "lose it" periods get shorter and fewer.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You simply have to understand one critical point:

If you can imagine what you would do if your free will were to be deactivated, you will know whether or not you are ready to transition to the next level.

I have had many shocks - I am a derranged psychopathic ape underneath and if it were not for my "robo-suit" I would be in a state of perpetual anger.

That said, before the existence of the genetic tampering, I was a happy and peaceful man.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

You should check out freewill on wikipedia. There is no conclusion on whether freewill exists as such.
In my opinion, the only choice there is for us is where we put our attention.
If we put our attention on the past or future we lose our only real power.
The power is now and only now.

The matrix is the mind. A system that has been built, made, manufactured and placed inside you and has been assumed to be who you are. It is a false identity.
You are not your mind, the mind is a tool like a hammer or screwdriver, it is for your use.
The only way to escape the matrix is to see your mind and realize that it has been built to control you.
The real you has to see the prison before it can break free.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by filosophia

My problem with people who use "the Matrix" theme is that by their beliefs they are viewing life as a prison. A obviously not good position to be in. My perspective is simple, this place is a classroom and/or a womb. I'll leave it when I'm ready to leave it. Concentrating on escaping a prison causes one to miss the point if you ask me.

It's not a good position to be in, yes, but that doesn't really change the reality of life in "the Matrix," which is honestly pretty terrible.

I cannot see the point behind the immense amount of suffering that occurs within this Matrix (not for me, but for humanity in general). It is more like a hell rather than a school/classroom if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I'm about to star and flag it since you seem to know what I once thought I knew and now am not sure about anymore...
one question for you, if you know the answer:
what is "interference"?

Interference would be considered otherness that enters from without. The way to block interference would be to focus with supreme attention on the absolute (meditative mind).

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Yep, I agree wholeheartedly. I am the ONE as are we all. Right? I mean like Bingo, I finally got it. So what am I still doing here? What are you still doing here? Because you are me and I am you. WHAT ARE WE/ME still doing here?

We are still here on this earth because we have not yet died and moved on to our next spiritual life. Our past karma has placed us on this earth. Remember that the soul transcends karma, and karma is the actual creator of the universe, not soul. Soul is the axis point by which the universe revolves around. The Soul SEES rather than creates, the soul must therefore transcend the universe if it is able to see it in its entirety. It is also imminent within the universe because it wouldn't be able to comprehend what it sees otherwise. It does this because it only sees itself, which is infinite and beyond change. That is how the universe is comprehended. Once that is done, you no longer even have a vague recollection of 'here' or 'we' you really enter the state of unity. However, you can also leave it whenever you stop concentrating on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Curious to know you thoughts regarding symbols and language. Like your atomistic approach to life the very sentence I am writing is composed of parts or the letters and spaces which form words and then concepts. Is it possible for symbols to contain "truth" to hold any "reality" other than their own reality of letters or marks upon the page? What is "true" about symbols or utterances? What is "true" in your philosophical ramblings above?
What is t - r - u - e ? What is immutable and beyond measure. You tell me my body is an illusion...my desires are deception designed to keep me from the truth.

Language is certainly the tool to help us think intellectually, however the Spirit is above intellect, it would have to be if the spirit is what is really thinking, it simply uses language.

The problem with language is it is exact, but it needs a common reference point, which is why there are different languages. The word God and Dios both mean the same thing, but the words are different because one is English and the other is Spanish. So the form of language is the covering but the meaning behind is the intent, and the spirit then comprehends the idea.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Curious to know you thoughts regarding symbols and language. Like your atomistic approach to life the very sentence I am writing is composed of parts or the letters and spaces which form words and then concepts. Is it possible for symbols to contain "truth" to hold any "reality" other than their own reality of letters or marks upon the page? What is "true" about symbols or utterances? What is "true" in your philosophical ramblings above?
What is t - r - u - e ? What is immutable and beyond measure. You tell me my body is an illusion...my desires are deception designed to keep me from the truth.

Language is certainly the tool to help us think intellectually, however the Spirit is above intellect, it would have to be if the spirit is what is really thinking, it simply uses language.

The problem with language is it is exact, but it needs a common reference point, which is why there are different languages. The word God and Dios both mean the same thing, but the words are different because one is English and the other is Spanish. So the form of language is the covering but the meaning behind is the intent, and the spirit then comprehends the idea.

first off, S&F. i really enjoyed this read, and i really like your breakdown of words. to me that is quite like time, and math and science, and religion. all of these things, first of all, were created to not only control but to allow some to better grasp another's idea, but they are a system.. that someone else created... i truly hate to quote the matrix, but 'we are not here because we are free, we are here because we are not free', but only to the extent that some have not found what is necessary to free themelves... and i don't believe (believe hah what a word) this is a prison, or a classroom, or a hell (my favorite, and has been how it has felt here lately in this life) unless we allow it to be that, but only to the extent that we believe we have some control over it.

to say everything is atomic is so absolutely correct. and to say the way these atoms are formed is how we would perceive some of these atoms to be, say a car, or a star, or a snake, or a cake... but all in all, someone had to form those atoms into these material forms, which means that someone attempted to control that which is not discernible, but is to some extent controllable... but then most times, once this someone has manifested such a material form, they will use it as a controlling point over someone who, say may have less intellect than that of the manifest-er? i guess my real issue, which is obviously overly complicated and more than confused in my attempt to struggle out the point (although my Self does understand,and it is the interpreting it into a language or phrase understandable by others that sometimes tricks my mouth and fingertips) is such a grasp of time.. yes, i know the sun moves and the earth and moon also move, in unison.. but to say it is 3:00 p.m. or 11:45 a.m. is to say you are able to control the time, which is not an ability our Self has... okay, i am going to withdraw my counterpart to this conversation as i am having trouble getting a specific point across, but i am always glad to see these types of threads, they force your thoughts to ungulate and become more... although glad is a state of mind and/or being, therefore my Self sends the corresponding signals to my fingertips to relay such a 'feeling' to others
edit on 27-7-2011 by schitzoandro because: grammatical

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaZero

If we are in fact eternal what is even a lifetime of suffering when weighed against eternity? And the simple fact is you cannot know one thing without it's opposite. Ecstacy and pain. Love and hate. Etc etc etc.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

In your terminology, then, if the system were to be deactivated, what would the average person become?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I hope it was a joke. If you work on your true-self to get rich... you'll never be rich

reply to post by Javatam12

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
the amount of suffering? People suffer on earth only because they seek outside of themselve. Also you just mentionned it yourself. So much suffering in this world. Instead of looking at a world of suffering where all people make themselves suffer... why dont you look inside yourself and try to fix or seek a way (inside) to destroy that suffering of yours. If every people on earth would do that, it would be peace.

reply to post by AlphaZero

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
But but but extacy and pain and love and hate is exactly the same thing. Just a different degree of one thing. It's like heat and cold, it is the same thing, just at a different degree.

This Principle embodies the truth that “everything is dual”; “everything has two poles”;
“Everything has its pair of opposites,” all of which were old Hermetic axioms. It explains the old paradoxes that have perplexed so many, which have been stated as follows:

“Thesis and antithesis are identical in nature, but different in degree”; “opposites are the same, differing only in degree”; “the pairs of opposites may be reconciled”; “extremes meet”;
“everything is and isn't, at the same time”; “all truths are but half-truths”; “every truth is half the false”; “there are two sides to everything,” etc., etc., etc.

In everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that “opposites” are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although “opposites,” are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where “heat” terminates and “cold” begins! There is no such thing as “absolute heat” or “absolute cold”– the two terms “heat” and “cold” simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that “same thing” which manifests as “heat” and “cold” is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So “heat” and “cold” are simply the “two poles” of that which we call “Heat”–and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity. The same principle manifests in the case of “Light and Darkness,” which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does “darkness” leave off, and “light” begin? What is the difference between “Large and Small”? Between “Hard and Soft”? Between “Black and White”? Between “Sharp and Dull”? Between “Noise and Quiet”? Between “High and Low”? Between “Positive and Negative”? The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example that of “Love and Hate,” two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms “Like or Dislike,” which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we “like” or “dislike” or “neither.” And all are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment. And, more than this (and considered of more importance by the Hermetists), it is possible to change the vibrations of Hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own case and that of others. And you will therefore realize the possibility of this being accomplished by the use of the Will, by means of the Hermetic formulas. “Good and Evil” are but the poles of the same thing, and the Hermetist understands the art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity. In short, the “Art of Polarization” becomes a phase of “Mental Alchemy” known and practiced by the ancient and modern Hermetic Masters. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art.

I would recommend you to read The Kybalion

reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You have some pretty sound ideas (apart from some 'reality-points' on the construction of cosmos), but eventually you have dug your own grave. You have exchanged the more common versions of the 'matrix' with your own.

At the end of the day, your version being just as preachy and assumption-based as all the others.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blinded

Mainly bravo, the question is though, how much your 'practical application' matches your theory.

But don't take this as 'holier-than-you'. That's not my intent.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You have some pretty sound ideas (apart from some 'reality-points' on the construction of cosmos), but eventually you have dug your own grave. You have exchanged the more common versions of the 'matrix' with your own.

At the end of the day, your version being just as preachy and assumption-based as all the others.

There's no assumptions involved and only the truth is being preached. The term matrix is just used for commercial value. The standard term is maya, illusion, as opposed to matrix, but the meaning is relatively the same.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by bogomil

There's no assumptions involved and only the truth is being preached. The term matrix is just used for commercial value. The standard term is maya, illusion, as opposed to matrix, but the meaning is relatively the same.

I have no objections to the use of the word 'matrix' as a modern variant of 'maya', demi-urge-manipulation or whatever, but that doesn't explain away your use of doctrinal points, which is what I referred to.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

The average person would not become anything, they would just be.
The mind does not have to be deactivated, it just has to be watched then it will lose its power.
The result is peace, happiness, joy and compassion.
There are no problems when the mind shuts up, yet everything goes on the same but without the judging, worrying and complaining that goes on inside the head. Peace.

To be or to do?
The mind is a hard task master, doing, doing.
Being is being.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join