It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to escape from the matrix

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
1. The Self is eternal and immutable. The Self alone escapes the matrix. You must realize the Self.

2. View all things as empty of inherent existence. Nothing is eternal. Every object is devoid of eternity. They are transient, non-permanent.

3. Every form is an illusion composed of material parts and atoms. A car is not a car, a car is mechanical and metal parts formed together to make the form 'car', these parts are in turn composed of intricately put together atoms designed to the form of the object. In truth, all things are atoms, atoms are unseen, untouchable, part of the natural order, however they only show themselves through a combined effort, and thus unity of matter is the universe.

4. Unity of atoms, as opposed to atoms randomly placed in a space, is the matrix of the universe. The atoms make up body, but the Self knows they exist even though the senses can not penetrate. This means the Self has a mind that can detect the essence of things and report back via consciousness to the primary intellect. Atoms only exist in a unified order, they can not exist in and of themselves. Unity is thus the good.

5. The entire world is made up of atoms, but each atom plays its part. The color and texture comes about because of the connection the atoms have to each other. All atoms are connected to each other, there can be no isolated atoms.

6. Intellect is the ability to perceive these atoms in a unified form and know those particular forms. Consciousness exists because of the inner web between the atoms that are strung together. Intellect is higher than consciousness as it perceives and differentiates the forms.

7. Memory, as in the memory of particular forms, is isolated from the collection of atoms. Since an atom can not be isolated, memory is not material.

8. Memory defined: memory is the recognition of material forms existing in an immaterial state yet dependent upon material forms.

9. Memory is outside of matter. However, memory is attached to material forms, so it is not the complete transcendent.

10. Material form imprisons the mind through the use of memory. But when the mind is focused on the transcendent, the memory of material form dissipates.

11. The transcendent is that which is beyond the universe, and in no way connected to it. The transcendent is purely itself, being the most simplex of things. The transcendent is also accessible only through the spirit, which is above intellection. The transcendent can only be known through self-realization (knowing you are the transcendent) and not subject/object intellection because it is not dual.

12. The transcendent is thus formless.

13. That which is formless can be accessed only through self-realization. The Self knows without knowing, because all things are the Self. The Self knows itself not through a material frame of reference but by self-knowledge. It depends on you.

14. Your will must be motivated to pursue the Self, otherwise there is no energy or chance for realization to occur.

15. Only you can achieve your Selfhood, and therefore Selfhood is entirely will and will alone.

16. The will is the transcendent that does not depend on the material universe, but attaches (wills) to the material universe when the Self so chooses.

17. The Self is the creator of will. Beyond will, but because the Self is one, it is will. The Self is will as potential, and the material body is will as actual. The Self is itself, but through ignorance of material objects it becomes attached to lesser forms. To know the Self is to be free of the matrix.

18. The Self is the transcendent. It is freedom from duality, freedom from suffering, it alone is the savior of the world, the escape from the matrix, the paradise of heaven.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hmmm are you saying you have escaped the "matrix"? If not then where do you get these instructions and how can we talk to someone that has?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Excellent post! Wish I could give you more than 1 star.
Everyone needs to read this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
....or just jump off a bridge....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole
Hmmm are you saying you have escaped the "matrix"? If not then where do you get these instructions and how can we talk to someone that has?

I am not really a human, my human body is a collection of atoms. My mind exists between my body and my soul, my memory, which is the immaterial part of me. If I adhere to the body's desires, I become body, but if I go upwards towards the Supreme Self, my memory is freed of body and I am in the peace of meditative ease. My desires are fulfilled and I am at one with the universe.

If I depart from this concentration and return to body, I become body, I revert to my body, but still that is not my true self. The fact that I can ignore my body and slip in and out of its needs and desires is like slipping in and out of a suit. If you can wear the suit, you are not the suit. What I am as a body will not be the same body in 20 years. So what am I? Am I a different person when I am young as opposed to when I am old? I am not the body, which is why the body is never the same.

My memory too changes, so as the body changes, I too change. But the Self is eternal and unchanging, it is That supreme intellect at the top of your head and consciousness area that sees the light of the transcendent. Focus on that form and you will attain liberation from the changing aspects of world/samsara.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by milano
....or just jump off a bridge....

No. Horrible advice. That would not benefit the mind at all, only injure the body. The Self can only be accessed through self-knowledge, which uses the intellect like a stepping stone. One can not obtain liberation through action, that is counter-productive. This is why the priest/leader class is always superior (boss) of the warrior class. One uses spirit, the other uses force.
edit on 26-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag for this thread. It made me realize that I am not so far from becoming my true self and our originate form is the less dense thing we could ever imagine to become.

Thanks to you and good luck on your path.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It would make sense, that reality isn't what it seems. Thinks about your dreams, for instance. When you have a dream, you 'wake up' in that reality, and it is THE ONLY reality you are aware of. I think it's possible that we are creating ourselves, moment by moment, and we use cues from our surroundings to 'program' our accepted reality. I'm working on reprogramming mine so I can be rriicchhhhhhh. It's a work -in- progress.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This sounds like an interesting psychedelic experience.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

ok

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I beg to differ:

The spiritual life is not Heaven-- one does not escape conflict in the spiritual life. The true spiritual life is purposeful and meaningful-- often because of the conflict. Some will fight because that is their purpose. It is not "safe."

Transcendence is not formless, rather the Temporal-Spatial reality merely reflects (at its best) true form. Furthermore, "Matter matters."

The self is, for all of us, a significant source of internal conflict-- again, avoidance of conflict is not a path to the spiritual life nor of transcendence. There is peace, but it often must be won.

Lastly, using the Matrix theme-- perhaps it is useful to note that the vast majority in the story are not even offered a blue pill much less a red one. Only a few suspect. That being so, be mindful of the rarity, and the responsibility to them and to all others.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I'm not talking about the spiritual life, I'm talking about the Spirit, Self, which does not have a life but just is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Transcendence is the true form, but a form that is unlike anything in the universe, which is why it is called formless. You are correct in that the universe is a reflection of this true form, but that form is not mater, it is the essence of matter. If matter mattered, then matter is self-caused, which is impossible, at what point does it create itself if it at some point not yet existed because it hadn't created itself yet? The transcendent must be un-caused, always an existent though never having been created. It's existence is thus not of the world at all since a thing can not exist if it had no proper origin. Rather the transcendent is the origin of all things and itself is beyond recognition of causation. So it is formless.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm about to star and flag it since you seem to know what I once thought I knew and now am not sure about anymore...
one question for you, if you know the answer:
what is "interference"?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Step 1: Turn off computer
Step 2: Turn off TV
Step 3: Turn off mobile phone

Welcome to the world of the real.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

My problem with people who use "the Matrix" theme is that by their beliefs they are viewing life as a prison. A obviously not good position to be in. My perspective is simple, this place is a classroom and/or a womb. I'll leave it when I'm ready to leave it. Concentrating on escaping a prison causes one to miss the point if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You must project what you see with your own thoughts, and prevent the thoughts of others from colouring your perspective.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Curious to know you thoughts regarding symbols and language. Like your atomistic approach to life the very sentence I am writing is composed of parts or the letters and spaces which form words and then concepts. Is it possible for symbols to contain "truth" to hold any "reality" other than their own reality of letters or marks upon the page? What is "true" about symbols or utterances? What is "true" in your philosophical ramblings above?
What is t - r - u - e ? What is immutable and beyond measure. You tell me my body is an illusion...my desires are deception designed to keep me from the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Double post. Sorry.
edit on 26-7-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Nice OP and follow up answers. Just to add a little something on to what you've already posted:

We always have been and always will be the Self, the question is if we truly realize this, and not conceptually but "spiritually", deep in our 'heart', deep in our bones. It is not correct to say there is a process of becoming Awakened/Enlightened to the Self, since we are already the Self and so there is nothing to attain, develop or gain. To the contrary, it is also not correct to say there is no process in Awakening to the Self, as we may not be currently aware of the Self and thus must work towards becoming aware of it. And so the 'process' is more of a clearing away of the 'veil', of the ignorance, that is blocking this realization from happening, more-so than actually a development of this realization. When we have cleared away all of the 'roadblocks' then Awakening to the Self will happen spontaneously with no effort or intention to do so.

Peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join