It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Christians think they are always right?.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Christians believe in the Father, Spirit, and Son. They are the God head. They all equate to ONE God. God's Holy Spirit was manifested into Christ Jesus--in our image, to direct us and show us that a life with temptation and no sin is most assuredly God and Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, free of sin (ONLY an amazing God could do that). Lion and the Lamb, Bold, beautiful, and an offering; GOD. I don't know about you, but I believe that God is so amazing that we will NEVER be able to comprehend all of His divinity, but as His creation, we are expected to follow and believe what it is He tells us in His word. Jesus is God's word in the flesh.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by autowrench

I go out of my way to pay a bit extra to support local small businesses (when I can afford to forgo Walmart or other chains
), but all I can do is shake my head at your neighbor's effort to 'support' a brother. He fails to realize we are all brethren. The Bible teaches we all come from Adam and Eve, so that means each of us belong to the same big happy family.

Jesus Christ spent the vast majority of his ministry spreading love, forgiveness, and compassion. He dwelt in the presence of 'sinners'. If Jesus went to all of the sinners and chastised them, do you think multitudes would have followed him? Not at all. Jesus was a man that spread Love and Understanding, not down-talking or separation.

Peace and Love to us all

I know! I have read the New Testament many times, and even though I know that the one you all call Jesus was in fact sent here by ETs to teach mankind peace, and love for each other, the message is clear. Love is the answer. The Christians I know, here in my town are way more hateful than anyone else is. I am a Wiccan, and make no secret of it. They tell me I am going straight to Hell, that I should be killed, because their little book says I should not be allowed to live. They try to tell me three men made everything, and that Females are evil and that Mother Earth is a whore, and so on and so on. If Christians just acted like Christ did, this would be a much better world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Christians who are right are the ones you never talk to, never see, and never get verbally attacked by. The Christians who THINK they are right are the ones yelling, attacking, getting upset, condemning, hemming and hawin(Got that one from my dear old Gramps). Its that simple. I dont have to go out and be confrontational to show someone the benefits of Christianity. If you see my life and my happiness and it appeals to you then you will talk to me about it and believe. If not, well then thats ok too. I make no commentary on anyone elses belief system, practise, or anything else. I think youre cool no matter what coffee cup you pray to or tree a person copulates with or whatever your belief is. Its cool.
What are Christians who are right,(as stated above) right about exactly? Usually just their own personal relationship with God. What are Christians who think theyre right(as stated above) wrong about exactly? Your personal relationship with God or your lack of it. Pretty simple answer.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Christians have a world view just like atheists, the difference is we are guided by Jesus and the bible (a historical document estimated to be about 3500 years old).

We don't always think we're right, and we're happy to admit when we're wrong about something, but since we choose to put our trust in Jesus, we are not going to let anyone alter that truth.

Lets get some things straight:

1. Jesus was not sent here by "Ets"
2. Wiccan's are working for the kingdom of Satan.
3. The absolute truth is God.
4. The world is 6000-10,000 years old.
5. Evolution is a complete fallacy.
6. The flood was global.
7. God loves us.
edit on 29-7-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

6. The flood was global.
7. God loves us.

Do you also believe the universe to be the same age as the earth? If so, let me ask you this: We have seen stars go Supernova that are millions of light years away. This means that after the star goes supernova, the light from it reaches our eyes. Say the star was 100 million light years away. That means that as we witness the star go supernova, that light took 100 million years to reach us.

So, we see a star shining as it normally would, then we see the light change due to the explosion. Again, if you agree on how fast light travels, there's no way the universe is 6000-10000 years old.

If you say, "God created the light already in its path, similar to how he created a grown man and grown trees" how do you explain us seeing the star in its normal brightness, then seeing the supernova? It would not make any sense that the supernova light was already in its path when the normal light was already in its path to begin with.

Besides, would this god create stars which are already exploded?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

6. The flood was global.
7. God loves us.

Do you also believe the universe to be the same age as the earth? If so, let me ask you this: We have seen stars go Supernova that are millions of light years away. This means that after the star goes supernova, the light from it reaches our eyes. Say the star was 100 million light years away. That means that as we witness the star go supernova, that light took 100 million years to reach us.

So, we see a star shining as it normally would, then we see the light change due to the explosion. Again, if you agree on how fast light travels, there's no way the universe is 6000-10000 years old.

If you say, "God created the light already in its path, similar to how he created a grown man and grown trees" how do you explain us seeing the star in its normal brightness, then seeing the supernova? It would not make any sense that the supernova light was already in its path when the normal light was already in its path to begin with.

Besides, would this god create stars which are already exploded?

God can do ANYTHING. You are only limited to the knowledge you are granted about Him and His divinity...we should be in awe of Him, not acting like just because we can manipulate and study creation, we have somehow better understanding of creation than the Creator Himself...How silly are we to think we know it all, when WE were the ones created? It's rediculous.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Mantha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mantha

God can do ANYTHING.
Can he heal amputees? I jest.

That can be the answer to any difficult question, though it sounds like a cop-out. I mean, how does one respond to that?

I know one thing he couldn't do. He couldn't heal a young boy of the age of 7 who had brain stem cancer. He was in my son's class. Hundreds of people prayed for him only for him to suffer for 1 year then pass away. He also couldn't heal my brother who had a brain aneurysm though hundreds prayed for him. Heck, he even spoke to one lady and said through her that he was going to heal him. It didn't turn out quite that way. Matter of fact, it was the exact opposite.

But, I suppose this god was trying to trick us or something with these supernova explosions? Making the light look normal at first then making it look like it had exploded, or did he maybe send the light here superluminally so that it arrived much, much faster than normal?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

God can do ANYTHING.
Can he heal amputees? I jest.

That can be the answer to any difficult question, though it sounds like a cop-out. I mean, how does one respond to that?

I know one thing he couldn't do. He couldn't heal a young boy of the age of 7 who had brain stem cancer. He was in my son's class. Hundreds of people prayed for him only for him to suffer for 1 year then pass away. He also couldn't heal my brother who had a brain aneurysm though hundreds prayed for him. Heck, he even spoke to one lady and said through her that he was going to heal him. It didn't turn out quite that way. Matter of fact, it was the exact opposite.

But, I suppose this god was trying to trick us or something with these supernova explosions? Making the light look normal at first then making it look like it had exploded, or did he maybe send the light here superluminally so that it arrived much, much faster than normal?

Nope. Everything is in God's control, so if God wanted those people to die, then it was their time. People die everyday for multiple reasons. It's apart of life. You are going to die someday too--sin has granted us that. I don't expect you to fully understand creation, as you did not create it. Keep trying though, you will only find perplexities in the awesomeness of God.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

People die everyday for multiple reasons. It's apart of life.

Bingo! It's a part of life. Yes, I will die someday.

But, according to your bible, god has promised this without stipulations: Matthew 18:19 ""Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." But, this is not true, as can be seen by my two examples above.

There are many other examples of this god/jesus healing people in the bible, even raising people from the dead. It was apparently their time to go since they were dead. Then he made them come back to life. So, it's not wrong to believe that this god will heal somebody when you request it from him. You'd think he'd be happy to do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

People die everyday for multiple reasons. It's apart of life.

Bingo! It's a part of life. Yes, I will die someday.

But, according to your bible, god has promised this without stipulations: Matthew 18:19 ""Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." But, this is not true, as can be seen by my two examples above.

There are many other examples of this god/jesus healing people in the bible, even raising people from the dead. It was apparently their time to go since they were dead. Then he made them come back to life. So, it's not wrong to believe that this god will heal somebody when you request it from him. You'd think he'd be happy to do so.

I believe that God does things for His own purposes and if it's not our way then it's simply NOT OUR WAY. It's beyond our scope of understanding. Perhaps the faith of those praying was not really there. I've heard many wonderful stories of healing in this present day. Healing of cancer and many, many testimonies. Perhaps the trials are the blessings in disguise? Through the pain you realise you need something bigger than yourself to live for? repentance?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I believe that God does things for His own purposes and if it's not our way then it's simply NOT OUR WAY.

Matthew 18:19 should not exist in that case. Why would he say that but then not live up to it? Again, there were no stipulations in that verse. He didn't say, "My father will do what you ask, unless he doesn't want to do it."

Perhaps the faith of those praying was not really there.
Perhaps not. But out of the hundreds that were praying for these people, you'd think there would be. If not, then I suppose there will never be enough faith to do anything, much less move a mountain.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Christians have a world view just like atheists, the difference is we are guided by Jesus and the bible (a historical document estimated to be about 3500 years old).

We don't always think we're right, and we're happy to admit when we're wrong about something, but since we choose to put our trust in Jesus, we are not going to let anyone alter that truth.

Can you prove this? Look at the art from the time, see the UFOs there? You do not speak from a fact based perspective.

Is that so? And what is the origin of Satan? I believe the word is from the Arabic, it means, "Adversary." And Wiccans are more loving and kinder than most Christians.

Hate to break it to you, but with a perspective like that, you would not know truth if it slapped you in the face, friend.

Make that 4 billion years old. Look it up.

Prove that creation is not a fallacy. I can see evolution, I cannot, however, see your God creating a woman.

6. The flood was global.

Quite educated there, are we not? Mesopotamia only was flooded.

7. God loves us.
edit on 29-7-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Really? The same God who did these things?
He created evil (Lam. 3:38, Jer. 26:3, 36:3, Ezek. 20.:25-26, Judges 9:3, 1 Sam.

16:23, 18:10);

He deceived (Jer. 4:10, 15:18, 20:7, 2 Chron. 18:22, Ezek. 14:9, 2 Thess.
2:9-12);

He told people to lie(Ex. 3:18, 1 Sam. 16:2);

He lied (Gen 2:17, 2 Sam. 7:13);

He rewarded liars (Ex. 1:15-20);

He ordered men to become drunken (Jer. 25:27);

He rewarded the fool and the transgressor (Prov.26:10);

He delivered a man, Job, into Satan's hands (Job 2:6);

He mingled a perverse spirit (Isa. 19:14);

He spread dung on people's faces (Mal. 2:3));

He ordered stealing (Ezek. 39:10, Ex. 3:22);

He made false prophecies (Jonah 3:4. Gen. 5:10);

He changed his mind (Jonah 3:10);

He caused adultery (2 Sam. 12:11-12);

He ordered the taking of a harlot (Hosea 1:2, 3:1-2);

He killed (Num. 16:35, 21:6, Deut. 32:39, 1 Sam. 2:26, Psalm 135:10);

He ordered killing (Lev. 26:7-8, Num. 25:4-5);

He had a temper (Deut. 13:17, Judges 3:;

He was often jealous (Deut. 5:9, 6:15);

He wasn't omnipresent (Gen4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12);

He wasn't omniscient (Deut. 8:2, 13:3, 2 Chron. 32:31);

He often repented (Ex. 32:14, 1 Sam. 15:35);

He practiced injustice (Ex. 4:22-23, Joshua 22:20, Rom. 5:12);

He played favorites (Deut. 7:6, 14:2, 1 Sam. 12:22);

He sanctioned slavery (Ex. 21:20-21, Deut. 15:17);

He degraded deformed people (Lev. 21:16-23);

He punished a bastard for being illegitimate (Deut. 23:2);

He punished many for the acts of one (Gen. 3:16, 20:1;

He punished children for the sins of their fathers (Ex. 12:29, 20:5, Deut. 5:9);

He prevented people from hearing his word (Isa. 6:10, John 12:39-40);

He supported human sacrifice (Ex. 22:29-30, Ezek. 20:26);

He ordered cannibalism (Lev. 26: 29, Jer. 19:9);

He demanded virgins as a part of war plunder (Num. 31:31-36);

He ordered gambling (Joshua 14. 2, Num. 26:52, 55-56);

He ordered horses to be hamstrung (Joshua 11:6);

He sanctioned violation of the enemy's women (Deut. 21:10-14);

He excused the beating of slaves to death (Ex. 21:20-21);

He required a woman to marry her rapist (Deut. 22:28:29);

He taught war (Psalm 144:1);

He ordered the burning of human feces to cook food (Ezek. 21:3-5);

He intentionally issued bad laws (Ezek. 20:25);

He excused the sins of prostitutes and adulterers (Hosea 4:14);

He excused a murderer and promised his protection (Gen. 4:8-15);

He killed a man who refused to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law (Gen.

38:9-10);

He is indecisive (Gen. 18:17).

Friend, you are insulting, and uneducated, so I will give you some slack. But who says you are right on everything? I know the Bible pretty well, better than you, I'll wager.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Can you prove this? Look at the art from the time, see the UFOs there? You do not speak from a fact based perspective.

Can you scientifically prove he was?? This is a silly arguement. Ancient art depicting UFO's does not mean Jesus came form UFO's...

Is that so? And what is the origin of Satan? I believe the word is from the Arabic, it means, "Adversary." And Wiccans are more loving and kinder than most Christians.

Wiccan's teach a message contradictory to that of Chirst...i.e. they are an adversary.

Hate to break it to you, but with a perspective like that, you would not know truth if it slapped you in the face, friend.

So you and you alone know what "truth" is.....

I did look it up and ansewers vary...

Prove that creation is not a fallacy. I can see evolution, I cannot, however, see your God creating a woman.

Tell me one instance in which YOU witnessed evolution...i.e. one species turning into another.

6. The flood was global.

Quite educated there, are we not? Mesopotamia only was flooded.

Mesoptamia is pretty much the middle east as we know it yet marine fossils have been found in Montana, in Nepal as well as many countires outside "mesopotamia"

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Same reason why muslims or jews or hindus or any other religion thinks that they're right....

Programming..!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why do evolutionist think they are always right

why do muslims think they are always right

why do atheist think they are always right

why do men think they are always right

why do women think they are always right

why do communist think they are always right

why do nazi's think they are always right

why do you think you are right??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by steve124

I did look it up and ansewers vary...

So what makes a book the authority.

If you are a person who is able to think on your own, realize all dating methods used in science are flawed.

They assume that the way it happens now is the way it has always happened.

They assume that pressures over time have not had an effect on the decay rates.

they assume that leaching has never taken place.

and the different methods never agree upon the age.

all ages that do not fit the presupposition are tossed away.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, I know one thing for certain, there are many things here on Earth that are much older than 10,000 years. And using circular logic will only run you in circles, friend.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The really interesting thing will be how your typical atheist and rationalist reacts when he discovers he's been 100% wrong all these years. I'd like to see that. That would be fun to watch.

Actually that day is coming, I hope I live to see it too. Forceful acknowledgement of something that you didn't want to be true usually ends with intense anger or sadness.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Same reason why muslims or jews or hindus or any other religion thinks that they're right....

Programming..!!

Don't think that you haven't been 'programmed' to think the way you do.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Well, I know one thing for certain, there are many things here on Earth that are much older than 10,000 years. And using circular logic will only run you in circles, friend.

What do you believe in?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join