It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is that loud noise? (read more).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Strangest day in 4 years?... i was awakened by this very loud static sound coming from outside my house, i was just terrified on how loud it was

I live in an area that does not have to many houses or any type of shops or anything and there are no cars any where near my house that are driving by (except the car that my dad owns its sitting in my garage)

but thats just it... i woke up to this loud sound about an hour ago and it lasted for 16 minutes! my dad contacted local authorities and they do not have any info on what this may be.

so what the hell was that sound?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

At present I can hear my neighbours (noisy not good for....) but without hearing what you heard exactly it's difficult to speculate, you mentioned it sounded like a loud static noise?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i heard a strange static sound once.. outdoors, rural area... it started as a faint hum and then got loud and loud... now keep in mind its hard to guess what YOU heard without a sound file... but for me it turn out to be a bee hive migration... they flew right over my head in a black cloud of beey goodness... anyways i found you a youtube of such event check it out and tell me if it sounds the same...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You really have got to provide more info.
Where abouts do you live?
Any airports nearby?
any construction?
Any major freeways?
ect. ect. more info please

You might aswell have asked whats this smelly thing on my shoe?

ETA: I live in a suburban area in houston and there is an outdoor gun range roughly 15miles (about a 20min drive) from my house and if the wind is blowing just right I can hear the gunshots from there as if they were shooting on my street.
Just sayin, wind can carry distant sounds pretty far.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
hmm I have no idea. I have woken up to hearing tones, but never static. how loud was it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Where abouts are you based cause I live in the south west UK and this morning I heard a similar noise at around 11 o'clock. It was very loud and it lasted for around 30-40 minutes and I wondered what on earth it was. Then I noticed a very high altitude jet flying around the area going very fast in relation to it's size, which I now believe was the cause.
It was unusual though to say the least as we get quite a few jets overhead but none going the altitude of this one or with such noise after it, never heard anything like it. The noise reverberated everywhere causing animals to go nuts -that's how loud it was.
Not exactly the same as your account but given that it was the same day I thought there may be a relation
edit on 26/7/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Maybe you should contact Kat on this thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

jets don't take that long to fly by, even cars move faster

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ok i havent been hearing STATIC but i have been hearing a loud buzzing or TONES sounds more like a BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB or EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound but very loud and i heard it about 2 time in two different days once was in front my apartment, (up state ny) i live right next to a city hall and was thinking it was the gas and oil thing that sits outside the buildings which usually is locked and need a key to open.

also the other time was yesterday after helping my buddy wiith his 82 corolla, we all were wrking on it then the owner said " YO WTH is that sounds man" then someone else said "DAMN I THOUGHT THAT WAS ONLY ME HEARING THAT" as soon as that happend i started to hear it and then thought about the first time it happend.

these both sounds lasted about 20 mins or longer but i will tell you it was FREAKING LOUD and i thought i was gonna go crazy

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Haha, yah I know
It was doing rounds around the area kindof made me wonder if that's what all of the other reported noises were as it sounded very similar to the link above

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Call me crazy but i think that the O-zone layer is tearing apart and that sound we are hearing is the sound of earth turning

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This happend to me about 3 days ago it was so loud and i was looking around for about 20mins for a jet and then rememberd what id read on this forum about HAARP possibly being it...but then i noticed in the distance 2=3 military jet doing formation practice by the looks of things they were very hard to see

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You should have recorded it on a phone dude.

That 16 minutes of proof just slipped you by.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
Strangest day in 4 years?... i was awakened by this very loud static sound coming from outside my house, i was just terrified on how loud it was

I live in an area that does not have to many houses or any type of shops or anything and there are no cars any where near my house that are driving by (except the car that my dad owns its sitting in my garage)

but thats just it... i woke up to this loud sound about an hour ago and it lasted for 16 minutes! my dad contacted local authorities and they do not have any info on what this may be.

so what the hell was that sound?

People go to any lengths to explain away events like this. In the short time this thread has been up, we've seen the usual airplane theory, bugs, HAARP (please! HAARP is being blamed for everything but is likely responsible for NOTHING) shooting ranges, etc. This is NOT explainable by what we know right now. Search all you please, but mundane explanations will not work. Think outside of the stale way we've been taught to think and we might be able to track these things down.

As for the sound, other strange sounds have been heard recently as well:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

There was something on my Local news channel a year or so back. A village was rocked by a VERY loud buzzing sound which no one could locate or work out what it was.

It ended up being a farm generator a few miles away, resonating of certain atmospheric conditions. (Or something along those lines).

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Similar to this at all?

new topics

top topics

join