It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Catholic Church hide the Gospel Of Mary? Read for yourself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You make it sound as though all the gospels were written after the hot-line from God to the scribe had been activated. I very much doubt that because of the authorship ascribed to the "J" individual who has been identified as one of the authors of the bible - also considered to be possibly a woman.

One tiny point, albeit an important one, people forget that the disciples were fishermen and most unlikely able to write, except for the tax collector possibly and Judas who was trusted with the purse and of course one of the most onerous jobs for a disciple to do ie shop his beloved teacher.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

If you like the ascetic/spiritual aspects of Christianity, have you ever looked into Orthodoxy?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Yes, beautiful truth, the spirit of God is within you, it is not within a church or in a pope. The spirit is with each and everyone always.

Star for you!

"The body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit." Yes. Resonates with me. It is in the accepted cannon too. I don't know where. But it is. And this Truth is so clear to me daily. I do not go to a building on Sunday regularly, by any stretch. I question the literal meaning of some of Bible, and method of choosing/dismissing/editing books for it... but even knowing all of that, I also know Truth when I hear/read it. Not everything in the Bible was tampered with. This 'Holy Spirit within' was a Truth which remained resident in the Bible, tho I do suspect it was stripped of its emphasis. (My opinion and no source to cite there.)

That voice inside of you which condemns your self-serving actions, or presses you towards doing something selfless, despite your reservations of fear or resentment-- that thing which is called your 'conscience' --that IS the Holy Spirit quietly whispering from within. Be still and listen, oh ye of little faith.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Religion is a myth-ritual contruct to provide man with a methodology for the denial of death. It also provides the sociopathic scum that floats to the top, a system to control and subjugate the rest of the population. In the bastardized Abrahamic tradition which is the prevelant, it suppresses women more than males. Fear and violence is the foundation of the vast majority of religions. To questions ones religion, is to attack the delusional system that they adhere to. This delusional system provides a heroic identity which denies death,

The words of true prophets have been edited for the benefit of the editor.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well it looks like they didn't because a little bit of research shows that while the CC selected the canon in the 1500s, the Gospel of Mary wasn't discovered until 1896. Some of not even being published until 1983. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "hide"?

Also most scholars date it to the 2nd century as a gnostic text where after the organic canon (won't get into what that is right now) had already become popular the gnostics started writing gospels that basically amounted to fan fiction, but I won't get into all that.

What's important here is how time works. See, if it's not discovered until almost the 1900s you can't make it canon in 1545. It's just how time works see?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Originally posted by buddha
like your post.
I was told about this some years ago.
it's a shame what religon is today!
become a buddist!
and Not New Kadampa Tradition
that is a cult...

Thank You,
I am thinking about becomeing a budhist. LOL but as a follower of JESUS.
Exspecialy after I learned how closely Jesus teaching are to it.
So close in fact that it gave rise to a rumor that Jesus traveled to the east
to learn. Those missing years of his life and all.

Whats a good web site to learn more about true buddism?
LOTZA LUV

Tares are look a like plants that grow amongst wheat crops. They are only distinguished at the maturity stage.
The root word in Greek refers to a type known among farmers that produces drunken, intoxicated type symptoms.
Pull up a video of Christian churches infested with the unholy 'kundalini' and you'll see no difference between Buddhists and Hindus acting intoxicated when they are under it.
The tares have matured. The angels bundle them and burn them.
Have you not yet seen this? As they run around feeling as if they are on fire, laughing uncontrollably, barking like dogs, slurring their words...
This is why Buddhist and Hindu practices are invading every aspect of the western nations - schools, medicine, churches etc
Tares. Matured. End of the age. Bundled and burned by the harvesters.

This is the reason why these faux gospels are pushed and the myth that Jesus "went to India" is pushed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join