It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Catholic Church hide the Gospel Of Mary? Read for yourself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
In verse 27 Jesus is supposedly referring to Himself as "the Good". That alone proves the Gospel of Mary is nothing more than another tool of Satan. In the real Bible, Jesus said that NO ONE is good, except the Father. For Jesus to supposedly refer to Himself as "the Good", is a full-blown lie. It's obvious Satan is behind the writing of that book:

Luke 18:18-19(KJV)
18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

And for those who believe that Jesus is God the Father, he is not. He is God the Son. The following verse clearly shows that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all 3 separate entities, making up the one Godhead. If not, then they would not all 3 be able to be in 3 different spots at the same time (the Father's voice is heard coming from Heaven, the Spirit descends, and God the Son is raising up from being baptized).

Luke 3:22(KJV)
22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
like your post.
I was told about this some years ago.
it's a shame what religon is today!
become a buddist!
and Not New Kadampa Tradition
that is a cult...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
like your post.
I was told about this some years ago.
it's a shame what religon is today!
become a buddist!
and Not New Kadampa Tradition
that is a cult...

Thank You,
I am thinking about becomeing a budhist. LOL but as a follower of JESUS.
Exspecialy after I learned how closely Jesus teaching are to it.
So close in fact that it gave rise to a rumor that Jesus traveled to the east
to learn. Those missing years of his life and all.

Whats a good web site to learn more about true buddism?
LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
In verse 27 Jesus is supposedly referring to Himself as "the Good". That alone proves the Gospel of Mary is nothing more than another tool of Satan. In the real Bible, Jesus said that NO ONE is good, except the Father. For Jesus to supposedly refer to Himself as "the Good", is a full-blown lie. It's obvious Satan is behind the writing of that book:

Luke 18:18-19(KJV)
18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

And for those who believe that Jesus is God the Father, he is not. He is God the Son. The following verse clearly shows that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all 3 separate entities, making up the one Godhead. If not, then they would not all 3 be able to be in 3 different spots at the same time (the Father's voice is heard coming from Heaven, the Spirit descends, and God the Son is raising up from being baptized).

Luke 3:22(KJV)
22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

First, you forgot to mention the Holy Trinity is never mentioned in the bible.
Second, Jesus is now the high priest in heaven.
[How can GOD be the High Priest unto himself??]
Third, The same bible you quoted from gave rise to the Holy Trinity belief.

Fourth, Weather this was a vision of Mary or She did see him.
It was after his death and ressurection. Which means Jesus transformed into
the perfection in the glory of GOD. Now if you dont believe Jesus showed himself
to Mary. Who was at his death and ressurection and followed him along his
missionary. You believe Paul, who killed 100's of early christians recieved a vision.
[Just felt that was important to note for the sake of the convo]

If it was before his death and resurrection I would agree with you.
As a man yes, only his father was good.
After the resurrection Jesus said that GOD would share the glory with him
and put all things under him.

Just a quick side note, On this verse there was an early christian sect that believed Jesus was not spiritualy
the Son of GOD untill this precise moment in time.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Because she is a woman and to religion....women are inferior wastes of skin.

You gotta love religion haha

You gotta love people who use blanket terms Haha... Who is this "religion"? And why are women inferior wastes of skin to "religion"? Did this individual you refer to as "religion" have a bad experience with their mother or an ex girlfriend perhaps? Or maybe you just had a bad experience with religion due to the plan of those in power to make everyone hate god, and you now have a tendancy to refer to every religion when commenting on the distasteful aspects of the religions you have encountered in your particular journey through life? Did you pay attention to this thread at all, or just read the title and click reply with your ready-made, snarky, clever-0 response? The whole point of this thread is that church leaders in the past and present, in other words "the elites" have twisted, covered up, hidden, changed, added to, taken away from, and done everything else under the sun to the original message other than spread it as is. Ah... Why bother? You will understand someday if you were meant to, and if not, then you will contribute to society in your own way. No I don't think you will go to hell lol... That is just another part of the control matrix designed by the church elders thousands of years ago. It's not even a religion just a control matrix. If you study the Actual religion, you will find that women are greatly respected by Jesus. Which means they should be respected by his followers. Unfortunately, most of those who like to call themselves Christian have been baaaaaad little boys n girls.

Funny, the bible said this would be so... And it is! I wonder if any so called Christians in church ever think about that.... "Hmmmm... According to the Bible, we are living in or very near the "end time" now... And according to the Bible, in the end time, most proclaiming to be Christian will be living wicked lives and disrespecting god. And... The church I go to preaches the basic same message as the majority of Christian churches....so... Let's see... One plus one equalllllllllls........... Hmmm yep. My church must be wicked! Oh well, here comes the collection basket and this is the week I was gonna put in a couple hundred bucks and Really show god how much I wanna go to heaven. Don't wanna look foolish to all these people who know me... That would be worse than angering god. After all, its lot like he is gonna come down out of the clouds and punish me, but these people will definitely make my life a living hell if I denounce this fallacy of a faith. Yeah, trust me, they are Not nice people, these fellow church goers. Nor are they very understanding about other points of view than what they hear from the preacher. In fact, everyone here is pretty much the opposite of Jesus, so... May as well carry on with the wickedness!" P.S. I read about St Issa, and it seems that Jesus studied with Buddhists during his lost years. I would say that the true message of Jesus greatly resembles that of Buddhism.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Buddhists during his lost years. I would say that the true message of Jesus greatly resembles that of Buddhism.

Thank you so much for you're entire reply.
Just trying to open some eye's a lil.
To show that other so called hereatic gospels show Jesus as very spiritual
being and are inline with the 4 gospels.

If the heratic gospel's teach the same message why are they deemed evil.
This should be a very good question in most mind's. Instead of following
the preapproved view of other's. Who obviously didnt truely get Jesus's message.

I am also not saying anyone who doesnt see this is going to hell. It's in you're
heart the GOD and Jesus judge you. Being a physical christian and a spiritual one are
two different things. I really dont think what text you read matters. As long as you
understand what Jesus truely taught.

Jesus taught love and enlightenment to a higher being ie GOD/Father.
He taught to love all includeing you're enemies. Which is the opposite of todays religion.

LOTZA LUV

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
reply to post by Joecroft

but Jesus and the budha have alot in common. Plus prayer and meditation are the same things.

No. Prayer is asking. Meditation is listening. Not the same thing...

Originally posted by Mividau
Like I said take the truth and leave the bs behind. We are all one and we need to love everyone and another fully.

Amen!

S&F and Bump to the recent postings :3

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I"ve read the entire 'gospel of mary' ... not just the snippets that are posted here.
It was a long while ago ... like 10 years ago ....
What I remember .. it contradicted the four main gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.
That's probably why it wasn't used in the bible. It didn't fit with the rest.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Mother Mary - the virgin mother of Jesus is a parallel of the Goddess Isis who had her son of God Heru (Horus) born to her.

It is the feminine energy making its way back into the church after so many years of suppression...

On the old church walls they used to let females have more power in the church but then they were banned, recently they were coming back...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Text Women have always been seen as inferior in religion....thats why they are still paid less than men....religion still plays a huge role in everything we do....i think its about time it was abolished and replaced with the word of Science
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Then leave religion out of the equation and tell me how any portion of science dictates that the two sexes are equal. In what perspective does science tell you this? Is it in the field of physical attributes? Or perhaps in the field of mental attributes? Religion has nothing to do with the athletic abilities of the female gender. A female boxer could never defeat a male boxer of the same caliber.

Are you referring to mental capabilities? If you are then you are also dead wrong. Simply because politicians declare women as equal to men or groups of people declaring their leaders to be women does not prove your point. Women and men are wired differently and religion has nothing to do with it. Here in the US they are even given minority status which is not true at all.

In the 2000 census here in the US there were recorded over 281 million people counted. Out of that census there were 143.4 million females counted and 138.1 million males counted. This means that in the 2000 census that you have at least 15.3 million more females in the US than males and yet they are given minority affirmative action advantages in ever academic field. That also Includes jobs and positions in govt. affairs. They now wear the pants, smoke the cigars, drink the booze and take the jobs without a draft and enjoying the advantages of minority status.

Can't get it any better than that can you? And all of that without any religion entering the picture at all. So in light of your spiel of this science thing being so superior is nonsense. All you did was knock religion and I suppose you reference Christianity because that is about the favorite game today.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'd say this is why it got burned:23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.

24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
Discussing souls and higher matters in this fashion was verboten. I don't trust the council of Nicea anyway either.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

I certainly can't speak for the Vatican. They support all kinds of off the wall nonsense.

However, the document in question

IS unscholarly, unhistorical, unmitigated balderdash.

Researcher, journalist, former atheist Lee Strobel makes that ABUNDANTLY clear with excellent scholarship sources in his

THE SEARCH FOR THE REAL JESUS.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Text I"ve read the entire 'gospel of mary' ... not just the snippets that are posted here. It was a long while ago ... like 10 years ago .... What I remember .. it contradicted the four main gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. That's probably why it wasn't used in the bible. It didn't fit with the rest.
reply to post by FlyersFan

According to genuine scholars you are correct.

While he is not the author of every article on GotQuestions.org, for citation purposes, you may reference our CEO, S. Michael Houdmann.
Quote "Conspiracy theorists have contrived a conflict between patriarchal Christianity (exemplified by Peter) and “true” Christianity (exemplified by Mary). The Da Vinci Code takes this conspiracy theory to new heights by portraying the Christian church as covering up Jesus’ relationship with Mary Magdalene and denying His appointment of Mary as the leader of the church. The problem with this conspiracy theory is that there is absolutely no evidence for it, not even in the gospel of Mary. The gospel of Mary nowhere states that Jesus appointed Mary as the leader of the Christian church. The gospel of Mary nowhere states that Jesus and Mary were romantically involved.
The gospel of Mary was not written by Mary Magdalene or any other Mary of the Bible. The Gnostic teachings found in the gospel of Mary date it to the late 2nd century A.D. at the earliest. As a result, there is no validity to its teachings. Similar to the gospel of Thomas, the gospel of Philip, and the gospel of Judas, the gospel of Mary is a Gnostic forgery, using the name of a biblical character in an attempt to give validity to heretical teachings. The only value in studying the gospel of Mary is in learning what heresies existed in the early centuries of the Christian church." Unquote

In order to understand the true church's foundation on this matter you must consider that the true first Christian church was the Jerusalem Church and not the Gentile Roman organization. The Jerusalem church has authentic documented history up to 135 AD. when the true Jewish Christians were systematically murdered. Not one authentic manuscript exists that refers to the female gender being an Apostle or sexually attached to the Christ Jesus. The Jerusalem church is well documented to show every bishop from James the Just to its demise in 135 AD. In fact the Jerusalem Church's liturgy was in Hebrew and not Greek. The Greek Hellenist's were adopted into the church at a much later date.

It is repulsive to Christ Jesus that Gnostic filth could even be considered as authentic and revered by educated people. Gnostic teachings have become one of the main tools of Satan against God and you are correct when you say Gnosticism is against the four gospels of the Jerusalem Apostles. There is nothing new here at all. Just another Christian bashing forum.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No.

It's veracity didn't remotely approach that of the Gospels.

It's historicity didn't remotely approach that of the Gospels.

It's accuracy didn't remotely begin to start to commence to approach that of the Gospels.

. . . Please see my Lee Strobel note above.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Because she's a woman, no sin is mentioned, and the Catholic church became corrupt anyway with all their counsels and lack of Enlightenment.

Glad im not Catholic

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Text And for those who believe that Jesus is God the Father, he is not. He is God the Son. The following verse clearly shows that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all 3 separate entities, making up the one Godhead. If not, then they would not all 3 be able to be in 3 different spots at the same time (the Father's voice is heard coming from Heaven, the Spirit descends, and God the Son is raising up from being baptized).
reply to post by jeramie

I will try to condense this as much as possible. You are correct when you say that Jesus is not God the Father. Moses teaches this and very few people understand it. As God created the celestial existence, He created as a total invisible spiritual force. The celestial creation could not fully understand God without visibility and with that God brought Himself into their understanding as the visible "Word of God". All was still celestial substance.

Moses taught that the celestial visibility of God was called His image and within this celestial image is His invisible force of spirit. This spirit was taught as being His likeness. Therefore it was taught that God has two portions of existence (to His celestial creation) which is His Image and His likeness. Gen. 1:26 --- The Image (Word) was not created but was brought forth from Spirit God. John 1:1-2 --

Then God created the terrestrial creation which is of a different substance than the celestial creation. When God created Man, He created man in like manner as Himself except that man's creation was a terrestrial image (soul) with a celestial likeness which is spirit. Moses teaches us that Man is made twofold as the Creator is two fold. That is with an Image such as His Word and a likeness such as He is in spirit.

Now before Jesus was brought forth from God He was God as the Word. As his spirit was conceived (brought Into this world) and into the terrestrial image (soul) of a human, He still retained the spirit of the Word just as you and I retain that same everlasting likeness of God. The spirit is always everlasting. When God gives a portion of Himself (spirit) it is everlasting. That is why a spirit is always of celestial substance and punished forever.

Jesus was not God as a soul. He was a terrestrial image (soul) with His celestial spirit as God just the same as you and I are today. Today we are created with a terrestrial image (soul) and a portion of celestial spirit of God. The difference being that our spirit has never experienced the celestial realm such as Jesus' had. Our created soul was given a portion of spirit as we were conceived whereas Jesus' soul was given the same spirit which was in the celestial realm known as God's likeness and His image (Word). This is why it is explained that Jesus was conceived by the God. His spirit was in the celestial realm and in the celestial image as the Word.

The spirit is the portion of mankind that directs the soul in all deeds of the soul. The spirit is that entity which stands in judgment and not the soul. The spirit holds the memory bank of the soul and uses the soul (body) as a conduit in this life. As the soul (body) dies the spirit is immediately judged and sentenced. Otherwise there would be no sense in a Hell.

Jesus, as a man, was not God and while His likeness (spirit) was in the celestial realm He was not Jesus. As Jesus' terrestrial image died His spirit returned to His original celestial Image and today is known as the Word. Jesus' terrestrial image perished back into the substance of which it was made and His spirit returned back to His image as the Word. When He returns to set up His Government He will return as The Word and not Jesus the terrestrial man. Rev. 19:12-13 --

As a last thought on this matter. Read the following after Jesus' soul had been killed.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Are all religions equal? Or the same? How's this for an answer?

How the Bible came to be:

What books were excluded from the Bible and why:

With all the conspiracy theories about the Bible, perhaps this could be a light in the storm for some folks.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I would bet the Catholic Church has the biggest library of books they don't care for you to read and one, certainly would be the Gospel of Mary. As the Church only promotes men, the old boy network certainly would hate the idea of a woman closer to their Jesus than any man. What also would especially bother them and they would certainly conspire to cover up, is that Jesus would, like any married man have spoken to his wife far more than anyone else.

We know he highly regarded her and I would safely assume that was not only love but admiration for her mind and understanding. My understanding is that he taught her and possibly a small group of disciples far more that in included in the Gospels. I seem to have read that Mohammad had intended to leave his religious teachings with his daughters etc so Islam's attitude to women also follows the Catholic men's lead. This in turn goes back to the Jewish attitude when one reads the parts of the Talmud referring to women and how to treat them.

Something that Christianity always ignores is that to have taught in the Synagogue one had to be a Rabbi and Rabbis were married men.

If Mary's Gospel or whatever is left of it is not in a Papal library somewhere, then its probably been burned. We often forget that the Holy 'Mother' Church has been and still is the biggest misogynist's luxury teaparty ever to hit the last two thousand years.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There is no gospel of Mary, Jesus is God, God commanded prophets and apostles to write down His word, Mary was specifically not a prohetess at all, she was the vessel of the Son of God but not a scribe of God's word. If she did write down anything Jesus Himself would have told her it was not His will that she write, it was the job of those who God commanded, God never commanded Mary to write, thus the 'transcripts' are either A. Fake, Hoax (very likely). B. Heresy. No matter which way you look at it, it's not worthy of study. Those that can't distinguish the good from the bad in the last days including the true doctrine from the false doctrine will easily be led astray, I highly recommend the King James version if you are an English speaker, the Old English is very easy to get used to and unlike the modern 'editions' it doesn't take away the Divinity of the Christ.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join