It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Catholic Church hide the Gospel Of Mary? Read for yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Strangely enough, it was hearing Gods audible voice, while having had no religious upbringing, which eventually led me to believing in Jesus. There is more to this story, but here is the short version. One night about 2 n half years ago, I heard Gods voice, which sounded gentle and yet powerful at the same time, which I know sounds like a contradiction, but that’s the best way I can describe it.

Strangely enough I too have heard it. Its very, very soft but so powerful and stong you feel it through you're whole being to you're very core for days. But you are not scared or worried. You actually feel complete peace and the pure essence of love. You feel almost as if you are a small child being craddled by you're father after being hurt.

This is the only way I can describe it so others that come across this can understand what we felt.

Originally posted by Griffo
Victims of sexual abuse by priests will no longer be able to sue the Catholic church for damages if a landmark judgment rules that priests should not be considered as employees.

The use of the defence raises further questions about the church's willingness to accept culpability for abuse. It follows a damning report into abuse at the diocese of Cloyne in Ireland which prompted the Irish president, Mary McAleese, to call on leaders of the church "to urgently reflect on how, by coherent and effective action, it can restore public trust and confidence in its stated objective of putting children first

Catholic church's plea could rule out damages for priests' abuse

That whole case is just ridiculous; if people are receiving a wage, then surely they must have to be classified as being an employee…

As for whole abuse thing, you would think that if they were truly men of God, then would at least stand up and be counted and take some responsibility for what they have done. Including those who have not been directly involved, but who are aware of what has transpired.

- JC

The truely sad thing is people still back this church, Why? Apparently the whole world saw the heart of this church and they still back it. Just adds to the ever growing list of reasons why I will never go back.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Because she is a woman and to religion....women are inferior wastes of skin.

You gotta love religion haha

In the Bible you have the book of Ruth and Esther but not sue if they were written by them maybe more to do with about them. It is not about sexism I think it has to do with covenant and the pecking order of the spiritual side of things.

Some books were left out because you needed the connection of holy spirit and other books as references otherwise they don't fit in.
edit on 28-7-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Originally posted by Mividau
Strangely enough I too have heard it. Its very, very soft but so powerful and stong you feel it through you're whole being to you're very core for days. But you are not scared or worried. You actually feel complete peace and the pure essence of love. You feel almost as if you are a small child being craddled by you're father after being hurt.

This is the only way I can describe it so others that come across this can understand what we felt.

Thanks for your reply…

Yeah that’s right! And in describing it, you have done a much better job than myself.
And you’re absolutely right; you feel it through your entire being. And this may sound strange, but as well as hearing the voice, I also felt the words too.

The first time I heard the voice, it said the Lords prayer, but I shrugged it off as a crazy dream lol The second time I heard it though, I knew deep down, that it was real, and not imagined. It essentially acted as a catalyst, which made me start looking for greater answers, which in turn slowly led me to becoming a believer…

- JC

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Also the 4 original gospels are 4 points of view of Christ his 4 natures so you can not add more to them so.

Matthew the Evangelist, the author of the first gospel account is symbolized by a winged man, or angel. Matthew's gospel starts with Jesus' genealogy from Abraham; it represents Jesus' Incarnation, and so Christ's human nature. This signifies that Christians should use their reason for salvation.[citation needed]

Mark the Evangelist, the author of the second gospel account is symbolized by a winged lion - a figure of courage and monarchy. Mark has John the Baptist preaching "like a lion roaring" at the beginning of his Gospel. It also represents Jesus' Resurrection (because lions were believed to sleep with open eyes, a comparison with Christ in the tomb), and Christ as king. This signifies that Christians should be courageous on the path of salvation.

Luke the Evangelist, the author of the third gospel account (and the Acts of the Apostles) is symbolized by a winged ox or bull - a figure of sacrifice, service and strength. Luke's account begins with the duties of Zacharias in the temple; it represents Jesus' sacrifice in His Passion and Crucifixion, as well as Christ being High priest (this also represents Mary's obedience). The ox signifies that Christians should be prepared to sacrifice themselves in following Christ.

John the Evangelist, the author of the fourth gospel account is symbolized by an eagle - a figure of the sky, and believed to be able to look straight into the sun. John starts with an eternal overview of Jesus the Logos and goes on to describe many things with a "higher" level than the other three (synoptic) gospels; it represents Jesus' Ascension, and Christ's divine nature. This represents that Christians should look on eternity without flinching as they journey towards their goal of union with God.

Each of the symbols is depicted with wings following the biblical sources first in Ezekiel 1-2, and in Revelation. The symbols are shown with, or in place of, the Evangelists in early medieval Gospel Books, and are the usual accompaniment to Christ in Majesty when portrayed during the same period, reflecting the vision in Revelations. They were presented as one of the most common motifs found on church portals and apses, as well as many other locations. When surrounding Christ, the figure of the man is usually at top left - above Christ's right hand, with the lion above Christ's left arm. Underneath the man is the ox and underneath the lion is the eagle. This both reflects the medieval idea of the order of "nobility" of nature of the beasts (man, lion, ox, eagle) and the text of Ezekiel 1.10. From the thirteenth century their use began to decline, as a new conception of Christ in Majesty, showing the wounds of the Passion, began to be used.[3] Sometimes in Evangelist portraits they appear to dictate to the writing evangelist. All four evangelists are all Jesus's disiciples.

Text

edit on 29-7-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Its definetly an awe inspiring moment. That never leaves you. He is so loveing it resinates in his voice.
It changes you forever, I dont know why but I am no longer fearful of the future. ie tribulation. Which was my question. I wanted to know about all the children in the world. All you ever hear is me myself and I. Never about them.

He said "I HAVE A PLAN, SHHHH. I LOVE THEM " Simple and to the point.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

The central message in this passage is that matter creates passion that is contrary to the supreme good that God intended. Matter will be restored to its root, which is information in a pure essence. All that will remain of anything from creation will be the good that has entered the information of each root form. In other words, if you live your life in a way that is contrary to love for others, you do not benefit the other forms in creation. If you live your life for the good of others in love, you contribute to their essence (information).

An acorn is the oak tree enfolded into the essence of the seed. This is information that expresses from the root to the form of the tree. The tree then produces fruit and grows more trees. This is the law of benefit and love. All nature was meant to benefit the whole.

This is where corruption in man enters in. All men, like all forms in nature, will enfold back to their root. What do we take with us when we die? We take the essence only. This is the information that we become by living. This information is saved if it was expressed in relation to love of God and others. Anything apart form this is lost.

In other words. We are not our bodies. Our bodies are the vehicles that arise form our essence to form. We are not the matter outside the body. We are the information within. Seek Christ within, because this is where He is found. We are not the world around us. We are the spirit within. It is the only part that can be lost or saved.

We are created 'in' the image. We are in the image of God and the image of God also. God is three persons. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Father is light (Particle). The Son is wave (Word/Logos). The Holy Spirit is consciousness. Man is matter and consciousness. All matter is both particle and wave, the duality of light with living awareness. God is also one person, but made up of three persons of the trinity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit, just like us. We are 'in' the image of God and the image of God both.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

LINK

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

When we resolve back to our root, love is the only thing that will remain. You will be a reflection of the love you gave, not the matter you took.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thank you so much for breaking it down like that. I try to break it down to that but never can.
Do you have any threads about this stuff if so please u2u me or posts the links for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You can visit my username and check on my threads. I also have a blog. LINK The Gospel of Thomas thread might interest you. LINK

Originally posted by Mividau
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thank you so much for breaking it down like that. I try to break it down to that but never can.
Do you have any threads about this stuff if so please u2u me or posts the links for me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
. wrong post
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It might have to do with who wrote it.

Was it written by a the woman called Mary if so can it be allowed by covenant to be inspired by a woman?

When was it written, hundreads of years later or within Christ's lifetime?

Was it written by a witness of Christ at the time, the title suggests so but does not mean the author is Mary.

There is nothing in the book that teaches anything the Bible does not already reveal.

All the Gospels and book reveal that the Holy Spirit which is God helped them write it the same spirit that binds te bible together.

It seems to contradict original sin in man to that we are connected to all lifeforms on earth, sin still remains and because of it death is still with us. Being sinful on the otherhand has also got to do with the knowledge or good and evil, no matter how small it is which causes death in humans in the end which orginates from Adam.

The Gospel of Mary is an apocryphal book discovered in 1896 in a 5th-century papyrus codex. The codex Papyrus Berolinensis 8502 was purchased in Cairo by German scholar Karl Reinhardt.

Although the work is popularly known as the Gospel of Mary, it is not Canonical nor is it technically classed as a gospel by scholastic consensus. For example, Andrew Bernhard notes in his text-critical edition of non-canonical gospels that, "the term 'gospel' is used as a label for any written text that is primarily focused on recounting the teachings and/or activities of Jesus during his adult life."[1]
Text

Papyrus Berolinensis 8502, also known as the Akhmim Codex, also contains the Apocryphon of John, the Sophia of Jesus Christ, and a summary of the Act of Peter. All four works contained in the manuscript are written in Sahidic. Two other fragments of the Gospel of Mary have been discovered since, both written in Greek (Papyrus Oxyrhynchus L 3525 and Papyrus Rylands 463). P.Oxy. L 3525 "... was in fact found by Grenfell and Hunt some time between 1897 and 1906, but only published in 1983,"[2] by PJ Parsons.[3]

Hollis Professor of Divinity Karen King at Harvard Divinity School suggests that the original gospel was written in Greek sometime during the time of Christ.[4][5] Most scholars[who?] disagree with her conclusion, instead dating it to the 2nd century.[6][7]
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

Secondly the books are not complete they have a lot missing parts.

edit on 4-8-2011 by The time lord because: more facts

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It was written with in the 1st and 2nd centuaries as the NT was.

There is nothing in the book that teaches anything the Bible does not already reveal.

So then why not allow it?
To me it is because Mary took charge of the apostles on Jesus's acension.
Also it seems to be anti pauline.

I am not saying this is a feminist issue but paul didnt like woman.
Still not sure if that came from his circumcission to marry a jewish priest daughter.
[Btw didnt get her] or what it was. Either way he held contempt for them.

I also like that it went more indepth into spiritual matters.
Instead of the generic white wash we get in the NT.
Either way I seem to be closer to the truth of Jesus and "GOD".
Isnt that what truely matters in the end ?

LOTZA LUV
P.s. Sorry if my reply took awhile. I do apologize.
BTW did you like the gospel of Mary?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Man banned so many books for the Bible, that it seems to be that man himself has constructed the image we know of God...to suit man's purpose.

How can man change, edit or delete the supposed "word of god" arbitrarily? And a King... (James)... go along saying..."Nah! This dont belong in here! RIIIIPPP!"... and out it goes.

Without ALL the gospels...are we not reading a book created and fashioned to taste by MAN? So God is of MAN'S creation.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
While I was reading through the posts an old saying came to mind which always intrigues me;

The Father, the Son, and I,
Jehovah, Jesus, the loving Bride.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Man banned so many books for the Bible, that it seems to be that man himself has constructed the image we know of God...to suit man's purpose.

How can man change, edit or delete the supposed "word of god" arbitrarily? And a King... (James)... go along saying..."Nah! This dont belong in here! RIIIIPPP!"... and out it goes.

Without ALL the gospels...are we not reading a book created and fashioned to taste by MAN? So God is of MAN'S creation.

I agree with you there. We worship our veiw of who GOD is.
Just as we worship our view of who Jesus is.
Mans hands have edited the bible way to much.

I shouldn't have to back up what I just said. But I will anyway.

The following WHOLE verses have been removed in the NIV--whether in the text or footnotes...over 40 IN ALL!!!

Matthew 12:47 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 17:21 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Matthew 18:11 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Matthew 21:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 23:14 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."

Mark 7:16 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

Mark 9:44 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 9:46 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 11:26 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Mark 15:28 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."

Mark 16:9-20 (all 12 verses) -- There is a line separating the last 12 verses of Mark from the main text. Right under the line it says: [The two most reliable early manuscripts do not have Mark 16:9-20] (NIV, 1978 ed.) The Jehovah's Witness "Bible" also places the last 12 verses of Mark as an appendix of sorts.

Luke 17:36 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

Luke 22:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 22:43 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 23:17 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"(For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)"

John 5:4 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."

John 7:53-8:11 -- removed in the footnotes

Acts 8:37 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. It's deletion makes one think that people can be baptized and saved without believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Sounds Catholic. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Acts 15:34 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."

Acts 24:7 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"

Acts 28:29 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."

Romans 16:24 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

I John 5:7 -- Vitally important phrase COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. In the NIV it says,

"For there are three that testify"

As always research for yourself and test these things to know that they are true.

LOTZA LUV
edit on 10-8-2011 by Mividau because: Sorry tried to add color but it is not working, I apologize for the text wall

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's like asking why The Onion is not accepted as a serious news source.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

LOL, very cute.
Not really sure which you are addressing the gnostic or the bible.
But I do like the way you replied. I give ya a star.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You people think too much. It's not ALL that serious. I think what most people FORGET is that the B.I.B.L.E. was "written" by man, but INSPIRED by God. God gave man the wisdom to WRITE such brilliant books. Why do you find that so DIFFICULT to believe? Do you REALLY believe man is that smart??? ah-hahahahaha NOT!

The B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth) is FLAWLESS! Sure, you can say..."Well, what about this, and what about that", and find what YOU may perceive to be "errors", but that's your perception and not a revelation.

See, most people start their reading of God's word, with the wrong attitude. You go into the read with the mindset that God is "after" you, to "smite" thee; not knowing that God is SLOW to anger. God understands that you don't know you're a sinner, that what you do: lie, cheat, steal, sleep with the same sex, fornicate, worship other gods, etc, you think is "normal". Therefore, HE extends HIS "MERCY" and "GRACE", but most people never reach for that. They only grab hold of: CONDEMNATION.

This is what i believe: Everyone's name is written in God's word, the B.I.B.L.E., but YOU have to find yourself! You have to spend a decent amount of time, getting to know HIM, so that you can find "you". You are NOT what your fleshly body reveals, you are MUCH deeper than that. Unfortunately, many people will NEVER know who they were, because they NEVER sought HIS kingdom (rule) 1st. They went for the bling-bling, instead!

God's people had it rough, back before Jesus came along, ...with all the offerings, and sacrafices, and rituals...life wasn't easy. If you crossed the line, then, and didn't do as you were INSTRUCTED, you and yours suffered. Even the priests had to come correct, to the Holy of Holies. And, if they weren't right, they dropped DEAD, right there, on the spot. Now, imagine living in those times.

Now-a-days, all we have to do is love God with all our heart, soul, and mind...and love each other, like we love ourselves. We have 2 laws to OBEY, whereas, back then, they had over 600 laws to follow. Crazy thing is, we can't even get the 2 laws right because everyone is focused on obeying the 600+.

So, please get this: GOD requires us to do 1 thing: L.O.V.E. Which part don't you understand? The L the O the V or the E. LOVE IS THE RULE OF THE DAY. And, LOVE HAS CHARACTERISTICS which God has defined: (1Cor13). Don't use or confuse LOVE with lust!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Loved it!!! Very refreshing to read. Thank you. It makes it easier for me to imagine the world is LOVE.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
So, please get this: GOD requires us to do 1 thing: L.O.V.E. Which part don't you understand? The L the O the V or the E. LOVE IS THE RULE OF THE DAY. And, LOVE HAS CHARACTERISTICS which God has defined: (1Cor13). Don't use or confuse LOVE with lust!

Apparently you have not read the whole thread or truely know anything about me.
But since this is a Taboo thread to you, you find it important enough to rip me a new one.
Maybe you even find me to be an antichristian. (not sure but by the tone guessing]

So maybe its time I make my view point clear to you and all to see.
I do love GOD with all my heart as do I my enemies as well.
Love is also forgiveing and kind and unboastful my friend.

Whats wrong with trying to find myself or GOD.
Jesus and GOD command us to do so. To seach for them full heartedly.
Is that what the issue is, is that I search and test. As we were also told.

I have read my bible cover to cover. I know what the number one commandment is.
I also know that by keeping this you will never be proud and always humble.
As we were also instructed to do. That you would treat even the least of you're brethern as
GOD or JESUS were in the flesh.

Also GOD judges us by our hearts. He does not judge me by what text I read.
He judges me based on the deepest core of who I am. You do not know me that well to judge.
As we also know we are never to judge other's. It leaves us proud in our hearts which
takes us a furtherstep away from GOD.

So how about we learn how to leave the judgeing to whom it truely belongs.
To GOD and JESUS, they are the only ones that have access to ones hearts.
ONly the perfect are able to judge on perfection.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Holy reply Ma'am! You sure didnt have to go to all that...but Im really impressed to say the least with your insight, knowledge and dedication to your beliefs.
Thanks and God Bless......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join