It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron orders review into threat of far-Right groups

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
There is no links between the Killer in Norway and Extremist Groups in the UK. This has been reported on The news. So what now Cameron.

Also this is not true, all that was said in this comment: "We don’t have indications that he has been part of a broader movement or that he has been in connection with other cells or that there are other cells" is that basically in this incident, the shooting and bombing in Norway, he didn't have any help.... he acted alone.

That is not to say that in general, there are no links between him and far right groups in England or that he had not had contact... we already know there are and that he did.

People have just misunderstood.

edit on 27/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thing is, visiting an EDL rally is not akin to having actually having any "links" with them nor is it proof that the people of the EDL and the like share his views. Anybody could turn up to such an event, it's not proof of anything.

I am sure the Norwegian chap frequented certain shops, pubs and had friends, but it's a stretch to then think anyone he has ever met shares his views. The same works in the other direction. Many people who knew the 7/7 bombers would never have even guessed their plans, much less shared their views.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Just an all round lovely guy, I see why you defend him, I see why you agree with his manifesto....

I mean honestly? WTF? How can any decent, caring. compassionate, humane, loving and sane human being agree with any of this stuff?

I don’t defend him. I may have done several years ago, but I haven’t of late. As for ‘his’ manifesto… I happen to agree with some aspects of ethno-nationalism. In fact, I’d happily describe my beliefs as nationalist (though in reality more libertarian). But you should be careful demonizing ANYONE who agrees with “ANY of this stuff”. Nationalist policies, inspected independently of each other and unmarred by the stigma/shortcomings of those who promote them, are often very reasonable and fair. Your hatred appears to be almost exclusively BNP-related – not related to wider nationalist ideology. And I’m afraid you’re going to have to come to terms with the fact that there are millions of people in England alone who agree with nationalist ideology. All that’s left is for you to trust and respect democracy. If nationalism someday wins, take it like a man. Democracy doesn’t fail just because your opponents win.

Does that mean nobody else can live here? Does that mean that races and ethnic groups don't mix?

Of course not! What it means - for an ethnic group to have its homeland - is that said ethnic group remain the majority and maintain majority control over the laws, conventions, industry and land ownership. Anything less and that nation cannot reasonably be considered the homeland of that ethnic group. But I’m willing to bet you find what I just said abhorrent, proving that you don’t believe the English deserve a homeland. Now, in some cities and boroughs, the ethnic English are (or are dangerously close) to becoming a minority – in terms of numbers, business and land owners, and councils. That completely undermines the right of England as a homeland for the English.

I don't want to live in that world.... you know the one...you just described it

whereas racism is the crass, isolated concept of judging a person's worth by their skin tone.

I don’t want to live in that world either!

I suspect you’ll read my post looking for the most ‘outrageous’ snippet, and then go to town on it. Again, I would urge you to try and put aside your emotions and just accept that your opponents are here to stay, and endeavour to find a peaceful, democratic resolution. It’s the only way we’re going to prevent atrocities like Norway.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by blupblup

Thing is, visiting an EDL rally is not akin to having actually having any "links" with them nor is it proof that the people of the EDL and the like share his views. Anybody could turn up to such an event, it's not proof of anything.

I am sure the Norwegian chap frequented certain shops, pubs and had friends, but it's a stretch to then think anyone he has ever met shares his views. The same works in the other direction. Many people who knew the 7/7 bombers would never have even guessed their plans, much less shared their views.

Of course they're links.... posting on EDL forums, having 600 members of the EDL on his friends list, attending a rally or two.... spewing hatred and talking about the "Islamic Invasion" sharing this hate-filled ideology with one another..... these ARE links.

If those who knew the 7/7 bombers sat around with them or shared messages online about what to do about the west and how things need to be shaken up and people need a wake up call and so on.... then yes, I'd say there may have been clues.

To deny that this killer had links with far-right groups not only in the UK, but across Europe, is to deny the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
But you should be careful demonizing ANYONE who agrees with “ANY of this stuff”.

Again, not exactly what I said.... typical game-playing and deflection.

I said how can anyone agree with any of this stuff, referring to the stuff I posted..... so again, out of context, bullcrap assertions from you as usual.

I even said there are some good things mixed in with the usual racist crap.... you conveniently ignore that..

Point is... if you agree with the stuff I POSTED and said was offensive and racist, then my comment applies to you.... you need to take a look at yourself.

Your hatred appears to be almost exclusively BNP-related – not related to wider nationalist ideology. And I’m afraid you’re going to have to come to terms with the fact that there are millions of people in England alone who agree with nationalist ideology. All that’s left is for you to trust and respect democracy. If nationalism someday wins, take it like a man. Democracy doesn’t fail just because your opponents win.

Not at all.... I'm pretty sure you've also seen my EDL comments?
I just "hate" racists, homophobes, sexists.... in fact anyone who thinks they are better than, have more rights than or are more important or more superior than any other group.

That's it... simple.

I do trust democracy... that's why the racists will NEVER get in.... they will never control this nation.
We've also moved away from nationalism.... although I don't have a problem with loving your country... or even being proud to live somewhere like England.... the land that welcomes all and treats all with respect, regardless of race, colour or ethnicity.... you know, the one you don't like?

Of course not! What it means - for an ethnic group to have its homeland - is that said ethnic group remain the majority and maintain majority control over the laws, conventions, industry and land ownership.

So...er.... exactly what we have now you mean?

The 2001 census and 2009 estimates state the following ethnic groups.....

White British 82.8% and also into a broader category of White being 87.5%

So I think that fits your "criteria"

At the end of the day, you just spout propaganda, not based remotely in reality.
It's fearmongering nonsense.

Now, in some cities and boroughs, the ethnic English are (or are dangerously close) to becoming a minority – in terms of numbers, business and land owners, and councils. That completely undermines the right of England as a homeland for the English.

I'm pretty sure you said majority right? On a national level? So now you're not happy with that but you want every single area of every single town and city to be predominantly white british too?

What?

It’s the only way we’re going to prevent atrocities like Norway.

No.... It's not.

I'll leave you with what Jan Dirk Snel wrote in the newspaper Trouw and on trouw.nl

Brievek is solely responsible for his violent acts, but many share his false and fantastic world view.
They must be taken to task.
Spreading lies and creating false monsters is not without any consequences.
Those deforming reality should not be treated as if theirs was just another voice debating the future of society.
They must be attacked with rigorous argument and told to stop lying.
This is how we should deal with Dutch populists propagating the new right's ideology.
Politics is not a game.
It's time for a moment of truth.

And I think that's equally applicable to any country dealing with far right movements and ideologies.

Stop the lies, stop the propaganda..... stop the hate.

Simple.

THAT would solve the issue.

edit on 28/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Stop the lies, stop the propaganda..... stop the hate.

Couldn't agree more.

There's a lot I could say in response to your post, but you've misrepresented me whilst accusing me of doing the same to you so it seems as though it would be futile. You only see what you want to see - not just in my posts, but in all 'right wing' groups. Freedom and democracy will win out in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join