It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron orders review into threat of far-Right groups

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ever since I started this thread yesterday, I've been waiting for it; And here it is - far sooner than even I expected:

The Telegraph - David Cameron orders review into threat of far-Right groups

The Prime Minister has asked the security services and police to consider their scrutiny of groups such as the English Defence League and report any concerns or recommendations to the Government’s National Security Council (NSC). Broader issues such as the licensing of firearms and the supply of ammunition and fertilisers which can be used for bombs will also be scrutinised...

I said they'd use this tragedy as an excuse, all over the western world, to clamp down on - among other things - the following:

• Guns
• The EDL and other 'troublesome' patriotic groups.

It's so frustrating to see this play out so predictably. We need to wake up - fast!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I also knew this was going to happen and i am surprised they haven't tried to make links between the killer and the BNP.This is just proof that the left are trying to clamp down on the right and the recent rise in European nationalists.

Considering the killer had left wing views also,can the left wing groups be checked out?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Are they allowed to investigate ligitmate partys in this way? What if the EDL was becoming the favoured party of the public, would it be fair to investigate and maybe stop them becoming popular if that is what the people wanted? I dont vote my self as I think all the party's are the same. Even if the EDL came to power they would probs have a puppet at the top of their party by the time they got their imo.

edit on 26-7-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Talk about blowing something out of proportion..

All this is doing is examining the current level of intelligence gathering amongst the far-right, which exists as it does any extremist group and to make sure that any Norway copycats are detected early.

It is not about clamping down on guns, as there is already stiff laws in place (also, see recent shooting sprees last year, Cameron declined to tighten laws then too) and it's not about "banning" any groups.

It's just making sure that the likes of MI5 keep their eye on the ball and not concentrate too much on one threat and forget about another.

EDIT: And yes, the Security Services will have their eyes on all extremist groups, be they Left or Right. After all, the anti-Coal Power Station Hippies were penetrated by a police mole, weren't they? Granted, he went Native, but they still tried..
edit on 26/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I also knew this was going to happen and i am surprised they haven't tried to make links between the killer and the BNP.

I'd say that's because the BNP is dead and the Globalists no longer see the party as a threat. I tend to agree. Nationalism is moving forward, but most want English Nationalism now instead of British. Furthermore, the BNP piqued and are no so riddled with infighting that fewer and fewer are taking them seriously.

But fear not - nationalist sentiment on the whole is growing so quickly that the Globalists are terrified of it. That's what this whole Norway tragedy is about, and why it will be exploited to its maximum potential.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Let's wait and see stu. I hope you're right, but I'd confidently bet against you

And the article does mention Cameron's intention to examine gun licensing procedures.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Gun licensing procedures... Key word there.

All that means is a bit more of a background check than you have to go through currently, just to make sure you're not a far-right nutcase intent on killing kiddies. If you're not, then you'll still get your gun.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Gun licensing procedures... Key word there.

Actually, 'procedures' was my wording. The article says "Broader issues such as the licensing of firearms and the supply of ammunition".

Originally posted by stumason
All that means is a bit more of a background check than you have to go through currently, just to make sure you're not a far-right nutcase intent on killing kiddies. If you're not, then you'll still get your gun.

Oh ok, that's fine then. Who gets to decide what identifies someone as a 'far-right nutcase'? The LibLabCon regime? Is it far-fetched to think that might include anyone who openly opposes the EU, mass-immigration or radical Islam? Precisely the same people who have been betrayed most despicably by the LibLabCon regime and are most likely to one day form an armed uprising. What are the chances.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Can't blame Cameron.

No-one is talking about the immoral and illegal phone hacking and the incestuous relationship between leading political figures, News International and police officers.

And when The Sun publishes some expose about EDL etc everyone will forget about the unsavoury practices of everyone concerned and focus their disgust on those evil racists.

So predictable and quite contemptible.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If Cameron is going to investigate so called far right groups, or patriotic groups such as the EDL.

Does that mean he will investigate his party also, to see whom belongs to the Freemasons? After all the Norway killer has links to them does he not. If it is one rule for one group, then why is it not the same rule for the rest of them.

As the EDL leader said that night on news night, If they ignore the fears, and opinions of those involved in groups such as the EDL or the working class. What happened in Norway could happen over here in the UK in the next 5 - 10 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
As the EDL leader said that night on news night, If they ignore the fears, and opinions of those involved in groups such as the EDL or the working class. What happened in Norway could happen over here in the UK in the next 5 - 10 years.

Yes, and they'd rather prohibit the groups peacefully voicing their concerns than address them. And the worst thing is - they know what effect this is going to have: violent unrest.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable"

- JFK

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is a joke. The shootings happened less than a week ago and they're already gearing up towards policy changes lol. We thought this sort of thing would take place but not this soon.

Those El-ites may be wicked devils but they ain't 'alf quick out the blocks.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

I agree, they've been particularly fast this time. Methinks they're growing fearful of the backlash. They're certainly growing fearful of the patriotic groups who see right through them.

I'm incredibly frustrated and depressed at these events and their use by the new world order. But if there's one ray of hope, it's that TPTB are quite clearly beginning to panic.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What I find rather disgusting also, the newspapers, press are being demonised for hacking, going out of their way to obtain stories etc. But they are groups of so called Think tanks who are going onto websites such as Facebook, and trying obtain evidence, so they can use it to demonise Groups such as the EDL etc.

Double standards if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

It's all a little hypocritical coming from Cameron, who himself made speeches about the failure of Multicultralism on the same day as an EDL demonstation. And, from what I can see, it is a far harsher reaction than of that of the Norwegian prime minister, who has had a much more responsible tone and reaction to the events.

edit on 26-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It's all a little hypocritical coming from Cameron, who himself made speeches about the failure of Multicultralism on the same day as an EDL demonstation. And, from what I can see, it is a far harsher reaction than of that of the Norwegian prime minister, who has had a much more responsible tone and reaction to the events.

That's because this terrorist attack was never just meant to affect Norway, it was intended to pave the way for all western governments to act accordingly. As for Cameron's speeches about the failure of multiculturalism - that served 2 purposes: 1) Pacifying the loyal Conservative-voting public who were beginning to lose faith in Cameron, 2) Instilling slight fear into the 'left' and immigrants, to sew the seeds for future conflict.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Are they allowed to investigate ligitmate partys in this way? What if the EDL was becoming the favoured party of the public, would it be fair to investigate and maybe stop them becoming popular if that is what the people wanted? I dont vote my self as I think all the party's are the same.

The EDL aren't a Legitimate Political Party.... because they're not a political party, just a group of concerned chaps who have the best interests of the country at heart and peacefully go out and demonstrate of a weekend.

Also, if you actually want your politics racist, then vote the BNP

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am curious here, so riddle me this.

They define right wing extremist as heavily religious, not just of christian denomination. So do they include islam along with these other religious folks?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
They define right wing extremist as heavily religious, not just of christian denomination. So do they include islam along with these other religious folks?

Presumably, but I've never heard even radical Muslims labelled as being 'far-right'. I think as far as the media and mainstream society are concerned 'right-wing' means 'white' or 'Western'.

All of these labels are so mis-used and exploited.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There is no links between the Killer in Norway and Extremist Groups in the UK. This has been reported on The news. So what now Cameron. What excuse will he come up, to isolate those, whose views are anti Islamic or anti Christian, anti Muslim or anti Western.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join