It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber War Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I did a search, after about 5 pages couldn't find a post in this forum, then again, evidently ATS search searches all forums, so i can see how it would be hard to find one in this forum.

I just wanted to suggest the owners add a "Cyber war" forum to help clean up the constant threads about Anonymous, Lulsec, Hacking, Possible False Flags, Wikileaks, leaks in general, all of that. Almost all of the main forums have about 4-10 topics on the first page, i just think it will help clean those forums up and have a central forum for those interested to talk.

This is all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Someone suggested this a few weeks back, I'll say the same thing; I'm all for the idea!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
good idea.. I had a hacking thread moved to social issues.... in mean wtf...!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Really glad to see this up here today.

The idea has my vote as well. Even if we do not need one immediately; we will need one soon enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I like this idea but it shouldn't be called Cyber Wars, the word cyber is too 1990's. I like the name Internet Wars better.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Too many forums already and frankly there isn't really enough posts on this to warrant it's own forum yet. When something happens sure everything get's flooded with posts but then dies off and this subject goes quiet until the next thing happens.

It's not a constant debated issue only when it's in the news to people pay attention to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i say yes to a cyver war forum its the next big thing thats happing i like it a lot

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
I like this idea but it shouldn't be called Cyber Wars, the word cyber is too 1990's. I like the name Internet Wars better.

Information Warfare?

We discussed names on the last thread, think it was mrlizards - not sure where it went...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
good idea! interwebz+warfare is a big deal right now. Rootinator 4: War of using machines vs. machines.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This topic is of the utmost importance, and generates enough discussion to warrant its own forum.

Also, it'll make all the chum Anonymous throws upon the waters easier to moderate.

Okay, so "Cyber" is a bit clunky.

Infowar is taken.

I think "netcentric warfare" while accurate, lacks zazz.

How about The Code War Forum?
edit on 29-7-2011 by mistermonculous because: floop

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think the threads should stay in social issues. The last thing we want is the appearance that ATS is involved or that ATS is supporting "cyber warfare" I think it would end up being a bad thing IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

What harm can there be in wrangling all these topics under one umbrella?

They're already being discussed.

I trust our mods to weed out any open stupidity which might land the site in hot water. Just look how they've dealt with all those guys in Fawkes masks shooting their water pistols around.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

The Mods can't do all the work. There's plenty of stupidity that gets through.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
I think the threads should stay in social issues. The last thing we want is the appearance that ATS is involved or that ATS is supporting "cyber warfare" I think it would end up being a bad thing IMO.

Don't be daft, do you think the mods are supporting "Political Madness" ?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

My whole thought on the forum is that anonykids or fake anonykids are going to try to use it to recruit or push their agenda. It would just turn into a giant cluster####.

Edit to add: This site is on more than a few lists so yes there are many that believe we support political madness of sorts. We live in a world where perception equals reality unfortunately.
edit on 8/1/2011 by ShAuNmAn-X because: DERP HURR DURR

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

talking about cyber wars is not supporting them. The only reason a person wouldn't want it called a Cyber-War, is that members of the opposition of TPTB can be called enemy combatants of the U.S. and held without public trial at Hotel Gitmo.

top topics

join