It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking about buying myself a gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you are not buying for survival and would like to remain inexpensive you probably should look at getting a semi auto .22 rifle. In real world applications the .22 rifle is deadly, has killed more people than other weapons, and is cheap to operate. A box of 550 rounds cost all of $20.00 which means you can accrue several thousands round fairly easy. In any case a .22 rifle should be part of your survival collection.

If you look at mortality rates associated with caliber/autopsy I suggest that you purchase a handgun that is at least a .40 cal or bigger - do not purchase anything smaller. You should have at least a bolt action rifle - 30-06 will pretty much drop any game in North America. I would suggest later on investing in a bow, preferably a cross bow for compactness. Finally, I would have at least one good assualt rifle capable of penetration - such as 7.62x39 or 3.08 - if you go with an AK variant make sure you spend the money on a Romanian or Russian made. A FAL is also great for .308 calibers. If you have any gun questions feel free to ask the good folks over at www.gunsgrubandgold.com... as many are current/former LEO and MIL with years of experience.

<< 1   >>

join