It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My daughter would do the same thing, except it was only when my hands were full. I'd ask her to open the door, and no matter where we were, a wind would blow the door open and there it would stay until we passed through it. She was about 5 then.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I wanted to read the thread but the first page was yuck from all the negative bs and the second seem to be the same...so I am stopping to just reply.

Its sad that you cant come on a conspiracy web site and talk about your childs experience only to have some constantly doubting and ridiculing you. I am sorry and I sincerely mean that.

Grown people can be children too.

I think it is so cool that your child possess that quality. I wish I did....lol

Feel free to message me as I am open to this sort of ability and know it all to well..even though I do not have it. lol

I believe you! ;-)

Peace and love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry to burst the bubble but the device is called a REX. (request to exit) It is a movement detector above the door on the inside. If someone enters the field on the inside it unlocks the lock.

Open the door next time and look above it on the inside. You will see the motion detector mounted there. Whoever programmed it has it probably set at a 30 second unlock or even 60. Industry standard is 5 seconds of unlock time. I see rookies do this all the time in their programming.

Of course anyone who can perform a paranormal activity in the lab can collect 1 million dollars.

www.randi.org...
edit on 26-7-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

You are wrong... The system is not REX, I don't care if you believe my story... But it is not automated coming in or going out... I go there ALL THE TIME! the only way out is with a push handle, the only way in is with a card! It never opens On it's own!

Lol though, I love the bold assumptions people make

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A similar event happened to me as a child. My mother passed away from cancer when I was 4 1/2...I then went to my Grandmother's to live. When I was 5 ...my Dad, Grandma and Uncle bought a house together....shortly after we had moved in...... just before my Dad and Uncle left for work...my Grandmother and I went to the grocery store....when we got back....both doors were locked...all windows securely locked....my Grandmother had forgotten the key...(in her other purse)...so..I stood at the front door and whispered "Mama open the door...Grandma is upset"...I then tried the doorknob and the door opened.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thank you to all of the open minded thoughtful replies...
not just the ones who agreed in the potential reality that took place, but to those who actually read my post and replied in a thoughtful manner

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Which of your daughters do you think would win in a 1-on-1 battle? The telekinetic one could prob. throw the psychic one across the room, but she'd see it coming. :-P

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I believe you. I believe that for some odd reason that door unlocked right when you daughter tried it and it most likely won't do that for anyone else ever.

The building my mom lives in has one of these types of doors and I would probably have a "very strange" too if I tried to open it and it was locked only to see someone else open it with no key, no problem.

I would think in order for that electronic lock to fail, it would have had to experience some kind of electronic disturbance. (not physicist or anything) Maybe instead of people saying, "it just failed". they should try to explain better what they mean by that instead of applying such a blanket statement.

If someone can show how an electronic lock that requires a key pass to open can open without a key pass, then maybe we might get somewhere.

ETA: I am not saying either way if what happened was "paranormal" or whatever someone may call it. The reason for the failure came from somewhere and it very well could have been you daughter.
edit on 26-7-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

SO ypur kids are special? Same thing happend to me with my pool lock and my 5 year old opened it after I had tried two keys! Perhaps it was open or I had opened it? I was sure it was still locked! Anyway, we entered and went swimming. Thanks for being slightly looney. It gave me a chance to post.

CJ

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

So it works sometimes and not others, therfore there is some magic behind it. Got ya'.

CJ

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

So earlier I posted a thread about my middle child and her unexplainable psychic knowledge she possesses. Knowing things before they happen, knowing things she shouldn't, etc...

First off Just because your child purportedly opened a Door that was locked.
----

----... How does this provoke you to imply she is "unexplainable psychic knowledge"

This is just

I'm sorry OP(Original Poster) but your really stretching it in your OP(Original Post).
edit on 27-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You get it!
and thank you!!!

Yes the lock failed... but why?

Why then, at that moment... When my daughter determined to go swimming and without blinking an eye decided it would open.

I'm not saying she can levitate or anything, or even that it's necessarily a unique grate she holds. I very much believe in the power of thought and have seen things manifest by thought alone.

If your a Christian, faith is said to allow people to walk on water or cast mountains, martial arts use what's referred to as chi to manipulate their opponents and can disturb physical objects with the mental control of energy, scientists now know of brain waves, the Ora, and other electrical phenomena the human mind is capable of producing.

The lock failed and I guarantee not one of these skeptics could make it happen the exact moment they intended to do so, or at all without implicating some tool.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Read genius...

Two different daughters! This is a unrelated event, was just giving background into my other daughters unique ability to know things she shouldn't, which lead me to think this instance was more than just "coincidence".

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You tried two keys, couldn't get it open, was sure it was locked and she opened it.

I agree there is a chance, that sure it could just be chance, the lock failed at that precise moment... But the power of thought is a mysterious thing.

Perhaps you are not giving credit to the strangeness of what happened to you?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Two different daughters! This is a unrelated event, was just giving background into my other daughters unique ability to know things she shouldn't, which lead me to think this instance was more than just "coincidence".

You're implying she knows things she shouldn't

maybe she just attempted to open the door.

And it happened to open

How is this a psychic ability...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Oh my lord in heaven...

Read bro...

Two different daughters, the one who knows thing she shouldn't is not the one that opened the door!!! It's essentially unrelated, other than indigo child often get things passed down to them...

The reason I think my middle child knows things she shouldn't, is because she does... Nothing to do with the door, she has a tendency to know things before they happen? Know things that are happening nowhere near us to other family members, even things that already happened, but how they happened...

The reason I thought the door opening was strange, well... Is because I was there, I saw it happen, I know it doesn't happen all the time, I know it was unique to mental state at the time... She wanted that door to open, believed it would, and made it happen...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I read your information

Originally posted by sparda4355

Two different daughters, the one who knows thing she shouldn't is not the one that opened the door!!! It's essentially unrelated, other than indigo child often get things passed down to them...

The reason I think my middle child knows things she shouldn't, is because she does... Nothing to do with the door, she has a tendency to know things before they happen? Know things that are happening nowhere near us to other family members, even things that already happened, but how they happened...

Not saying my daughter will start lighting fires anytime in the near future... But I believe children are more intone with parts of our brains we later disconnect from.

So by mentioning Your other daughter and your other threads of her purported psychic ability.

Then this thread you say something happens and its weird.

Also

She acted like she new it was going to open, like... I got it, then opened and said "it's cool, I'm awesome"

Why do you claim you said she doesn't or isn't psychic but you contradict yourself by saying read bro and etc.

Yet you seem to imply that she is psychic just like your middle child with your statements.

Could you be anymore Contradictory with your statements.

Your claiming yourself you don't believe shes psychic to me; but your statements throughout your thread imply you believe she is.

The Universe Said

You're implying she knows things she shouldn't

maybe she just attempted to open the door.

And it happened to open How is this a psychic ability...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ok... I apologize, I see why you said that now...

What I was referring to and therefor what I meant when I wrote that, was the power of thought.

If you have seen the secret, this was the mental breakdown I was referring to.

I was not trying to say she "knew" the exact moment the lock would fail... But rather her confidence that it would open when she pulled allowed it to happen.

I take total blame in the way I fraised that and apologize for getting frustrated.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you have seen the secret, this was the mental breakdown I was referring to.

What is the Secret?

Also

I believe in many possibilities and am open to most thing; i was essentially trying to determine. Just in my person opinion that she got lucky or what the others said the lock malfunctioned.

Or maybe you are right she is truly psychic; i just have a hard time believing the latter though.(But will leave the possibilities of such open to discussion)

Why don't you try and ask her what happened or if she knew; or it could have been her unconsciousness telling her to open it so she might give you the wrong answer and/or not know.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well I think it was the power of thought that opened it... Not that she psychically knew it would open.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join