It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So earlier I posted a thread about my middle child and her unexplainable psychic knowledge she possesses. Knowing things before they happen, knowing things she shouldn't, etc...

We all went to the pool today and arrived before the office opened at my moms pool. Without the pass, we had no way of entering and the kids panicked that we might have to wait an hour or skip it entirely. After trying both doors and giving up hope that somebody else might come with their pass, I was about to look for something else to do.

Seconds before I revealed this decision to my children, my oldest daughter walks up to the door and with no effort at all opens it as if it was never locked...

Now just for the record... There is no handle to be turned, no visible lock, just the key card magnetic reader... There was no clicking sound, not that it can be opened from the inside, but just so everybody knows the situation. Only 2 people were here and both were on the workout equipment.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
So earlier I posted a thread about my middle child and her unexplainable psychic knowledge she possesses. Knowing things before they happen, knowing things she shouldn't, etc...

We all went to the pool today and arrived before the office opened at my moms pool. Without the pass, we had no way of entering and the kids panicked that we might have to wait an hour or skip it entirely. After trying both doors and giving up hope that somebody else might come with their pass, I was about to look for something else to do.

Seconds before I revealed this decision to my children, my oldest daughter walks up to the door and with no effort at all opens it as if it was never locked...

Now just for the record... There is no handle to be turned, no visible lock, just the key card magnetic reader... There was no clicking sound, not that it can be opened from the inside, but just so everybody knows the situation. Only 2 people were here and both were on the workout equipment.

...............maybe.........it wasnt locked?????

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oops double post

edit on 26-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Okay... Thanks for your do very helpful feedback.

Obviously when I said I attempted to open the doors and was unsuccessful, I was presuming people would at least accept on faith that I'm capable of determining whether or not a door is locked?

Also the door is always locked, it's an electronic lock that allows members to cone and go as they please, also when we got inside I attempted to open the door again to see if it was malfunctioning, but to no avail.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm a thinking it's the same thing.

Seeing it and doing it I mean.

It's easier for kids to swim in the river, after anxiety and fear everything get's more complicated.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Okay... Thanks for your do very helpful feedback.

Obviously when I said I attempted to open the doors and was unsuccessful, I was presuming people would at least accept on faith that I'm capable of determining whether or not a door is locked?

Also the door is always locked, it's an electronic lock that allows members to cone and go as they please, also when we got inside I attempted to open the door again to see if it was malfunctioning, but to no avail.

No problem, im always here to offer advice lol

Seriously though.....

It may have been unlocked and you were pushing a pull door or vice versa? Easily done.
Maybe someone saw you and opened the door remotely??

Im guessing from your post that you assume your daughter has some sort of powers which everyone else hasnt got? A door becoming unlocked...especially as its electronic is no way to determine that your daughter has some sort of magical powers.

There are literally hundreds of reasons why the door became unlocked after you tried.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ya just need to get the "knack" of it

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Wow, a middle child psychic and an older child with some sort of Telekinisis.

I gotta try what your feedin em.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am not trying to rain on your "i have special children parade" but I have to agree with the guy who said that there could be 100 reasons why the door came unlocked.

Personally I think you are reaching....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good lord people... First of all there is a reason this is under general chit chat, I'm not saying anything besides what happened was weird...

The door is a "pull" we cone here all the time, I'm not stupid.

I pulled, it was locked, she pulled it opened.

I know for a fact the door cannot be remotely opened, and the office was closed anyway. Even if it could be remotely opened, which I assure you it cannot. They wouldn't, the whole point is to make sure you have your pass.

Do believe in the power of thought, I see it all the time...

Not saying my daughter will start lighting fires anytime in the near future... But I believe children are more intone with parts of our brains we later disconnect from.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Dont get upset. Your title is "Very Strange..." when if fact it is not very strange. The lock malfunctioned on the last attempt, that is probably all it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

I'm not upset... I'm laughing...

But seriously, this lock is the same lock used to allow people in hospitals, labs, expensive homes. If their locks just malfunctioned all the time, the company designing them would be out of business.

No doubt it malfunctioned. But the fact it did so when my daughter so desperately wanted to be on the other side of it, is the very reason I find the situation strange.

The only thing that separates me from the rest of the world is the fact I pay attention. I see strange things happen all the time, most people explain them away and move on, where as I smile to myself and am pleased with the confirmation that in this world, there is more than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well I'll say this, I work in the door hardware industry and that is the only reason I am replying.

Door hardware is not perfect like anything else Yes there are several manufacturers that should be out of business because their stuff is crap but somehow they manage to keep selling.

I have a jobsite right now with a very reputable hardware company and their panic bars are literally falling apart daily.

All of this stuff is made in China and by all of it I mean ALL OF IT. 90% of it is made in the same factory and different company logos applied.

I can go to the gym at my apartment complex right now and open the locked door that has electricfied hardware like you speak of and pull the door open without using my FOB.

Locks wear out just like anything else.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's funny that the least open mi ded people to the paranormal are those who actually believe in it.

Believe what you want, the door is locked, you could pull it a thousand times and never get through without your pass, the one time she tries... She gets through.

Maybe the reason I believe and others dont, besides being here... Is the exact same thing happened to me when I was younger at the fire department during a picture scavenger hunt... We needed a pic with a fire truck, our group leader drove us to the fire department and we tried to sneak in the garage to grab a pic, after they tried to get the door open and failed, I said watch this... Walked over and opened it.

We got our pic and the group leader looked at me like I was a ghost the rest of the sleep over.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ooooookkkkkk.

I am not here to convince you of anything. And I do believe in paranormal things, but most times there is a more logical explanation.

Not everything out of the oridinary is some kind of phenomenon.

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's funny that the least open mi ded people to the paranormal are those who actually believe in it.

Believe what you want, the door is locked, you could pull it a thousand times and never get through without your pass, the one time she tries... She gets through.

Maybe the reason I believe and others dont, besides being here... Is the exact same thing happened to me when I was younger at the fire department during a picture scavenger hunt... We needed a pic with a fire truck, our group leader drove us to the fire department and we tried to sneak in the garage to grab a pic, after they tried to get the door open and failed, I said watch this... Walked over and opened it.

We got our pic and the group leader looked at me like I was a ghost the rest of the sleep over.

Doesnt the fact that it has happened before make it less 'strange'?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yes 20 years earlier on a completely different type of door it happened to me... I would consider that almost common by those standards?

Good point

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It is not as different as you might think. All locks share one thing in common, a latch.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Everybody here is totally missing the point... Obviously you can always just explain away anything... If a ghost appeared, manifested itself in front of 100 people and said I'm a ghost... Within a short period of time people would start explaining it away...

Before you know it, over half would be convinced of holograms, sone would think dillusuon, drugs, swamp gas etc... You be left with a handful that just give up and say, don't know... And maybe one standing firm that it was a ghost...

If they told this story and had 100 pics, people would still say... No it was just "blank"!

My girlfriend and I were in bed house sitting for a friend...

In the closet we heard somebody start banging loudly on the door... She sat up in near tears crying for me to make it stop...

I jumped her, and rushed to the closet, 2 inches from the door using my phone as a light I could see the closet moving with each echoing bang... Ready to kill or be killed I ripped the door open timing it with it's repetitious bang only to find an empty closet.

I hit the lights, searched for hidden doors, attick entrances, anything that would explain how a person could have escaped. But nothing.

We searched the house, checked windows, doors, etc...

All locked.

To this day her and I know without a doubt what we heard could not be explained. It was clearly a person, yet everybody says probably pipes, walls creaking, etc...

Only we know what we heard...

I know that door was locked, I couldn't pull it up yet a ten year old with no effort did. Say what you want, that lock works, I'll pull it 10 times every time I go from now on and if it opens once, I'll stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I get the point
did you ask your daughter what she thought about it?
thats what interests me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join