It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Footage, Weird or What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Doesn't this remind you of like Independence Day or something? Not saying this is alien but it's understandable why people would think it was:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow, Now that really is stunning. Great view that cameraman had too. Wish I was there to see it. I like clouds.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
South Florida looked just like that on saturday or sunday night (cant remember which). I couldn't help but watch it and tried to record it but my vantage point was snip.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Any details on this? I'm from Montreal; I recognise the view, this is really Montreal, but when was this taken? I haven't seen it (which doesn't mean much...), but I haven't heard of this either. This is something the French media here would jump on, but I haven't seen anything about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Apparently filmed sometime this month mate.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

For the past three days, it's been like that here in the Hampton Roads (Va) area... Odd.. Man if you wanted to describe the word biblical, your video in your thread should do the trick.. Nice find. This type of weather is happening in Va as well.

By the way, I've noticed something peculiar, maybe it's related?

Many, many chem/con trails overlapping, in a lattes formation. Some only parallel and other areas of the sky in a lattes type formation of chem/contrails.
1. 7:00am Weather lady said, clear skies and a good day for the beach.
2. I start my yard work at 11:00. I look up, and it’s a clear sunny day.
3. At 11:45 I look up again I see a sky full of trails, full of them. Also, planes are disperssing more at this time.
4. 12:30pm now the trails have fattened up and are starting to separate,
5. 1:00pm now there is a sky full of clouds. Guess what's next? Yep, rain, big fat rain drops too... And to top it off, nowhere was it mentioned that we were going to get showers for the day or for the upcoming weeks forecast... Now we have 2 days worth of thunderstorms, like you see in the video. That is a big miss for the meteorologist wouldn’t you say? How does a meteorologist miss thunderstorms? I can see missing rain, drizzle, but thunderstorms. Usually it starts off by pressure analysis, then you see bodies being formed and the bodies travel, weather radar picks up bodes and with more calculations and analysis, meteorologists are usually right on when it comes to thunderstorms like you see in the video, right??

I strongly do apologize if you feel I have side tracked this thread, my sincere apologies.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Every year, just east of where I live, huge thunder storms develope in the dessert. The clouds form, usually just one huge mother, hundreds of miles away that looks like its in my backyard. As they rise and tower they seem to form a lenticular monsterous cap, like a mushroom. Then I've seen puffs of smaller clouds, a little lower in alttitude, that seem to encircle the stucture just below the "cap." The Cloud often flashes lightening like the video.

I swear, when these things form, they look like huge honking mother ships, with little ships flanking it. It's a site to behold. Next time one forms, I'll take a picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Sunday night it was.
i thought we had a police chopper flying around outside.
but it was the lightning in the clouds.
nice movie.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Not at all bro, been a lot of weird weather this year, we've had flash floods.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My room mate got a video of this while it was lighter outside.
I'll put it up as soon as I can.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
Any details on this? I'm from Montreal; I recognise the view, this is really Montreal, but when was this taken? I haven't seen it (which doesn't mean much...), but I haven't heard of this either. This is something the French media here would jump on, but I haven't seen anything about it.

I don't know about the French media or English television, but they were talking about it on CJAD and CHOM the other night.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
THAT is awesome! I hope I can see something like that myself some day!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
really nice video, I have seen isolated storms like this before. I took a bunch of pictures from out last major storm and you know how they say lightning never strikes twice in the same spot? well I will be damned if it didn't do just that not just twice but dozens of times in a few specific spots. It was very bizarre.

new topics

top topics

join