It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Army Ammunition Plant, reactivated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What about they fire up some regular ammunition plants to give more ammo to the people?

And hopefully when the revolution begins, this plant will be seized by the resistance to use, or destroyed if used by the government.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Hope I'm wrong, but I think something huge is in the works.

backslider I have to agree with you on this i do believe something is in the works way too much going on to deny it, my only question is WHAT? im not sure but wuld like to know maybe this is a sign that we the people may need to start thinking about what to do in different situations. i am not saying oh lets all go join militias (because i know that will be some peoples first thoughts) but I do think it may be time to take notice and prepare for anything

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

have to say I agree with that first part of your post. send some the peoples way

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
We're at war...............That's usually a good reason to make ammunition. Just sayin

agreed. but if you take the time to study the other things that are going on in the world. you will see that is not the only reason they wuld be stocking up on artillary

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
From what i understand there is a new group of guided artillery shells in the works plus a lot of extra small guided bombs that produce a lot less collateral damage.

With the types of conflicts were are having now much of the bigger is better stockpile is unusable and they need to start producing the high accuracy small stuff.

I know that the Navy at China Lake has developed a number of these smaller is better weapons.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The actual location can be seen via the links below to Google Maps:

Google Map #1

Google Map #2

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by imtheweasel

good stuff man thanks for taking time to look it up and even more for shareing

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Reflecting on this last night gave me pause.
Why would they need more artillery and mortar rounds?
Afghanistan, Iraq? probably not.
What kind of targets are these rounds for?
Hardened targets/ urban warfare
Possibly for a war that hasn't yet begun.
??

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Reflecting on this last night gave me pause.
Why would they need more artillery and mortar rounds?
Afghanistan, Iraq? probably not.
What kind of targets are these rounds for?
Hardened targets/ urban warfare
Possibly for a war that hasn't yet begun.
??

That's what's got me rubbing my chinny chin chin... too...
why... why... now that were supposedly downsizing and removing troops...
why these rounds made for US manufactured weapons... meaning many other countries use other arms that use Russian Chinese or north Korean shells...

surely this is not a Shovel ready project.... there's more going on here... just I'm out of the loop but smart enough to realize there is reason behind this...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Technically all the government did to suppossedly pull troops out of iraq was change their names from "basic combat teams" to "advise and assist teams" nothing more nothing less

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imtheweasel

Thanks for the map locations.......I live 50 miles from the site................Not sure if there is anything to go see there..........but if there is I would be glad to take a look............Its not my first rodeo...........

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

No Problem. I live about 80 miles southwest of the facility myself. I've been up around that area a few years back for work, but do not recall seeing anything going on there.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was just looking at some old maps and saw that facility listed a day or so ago and wondered what happened to it. Very interesting if it was idled for BRAC and is now being brought back online. My thought is that if we aren't tidying up our own stockpiles, we're most likely sending a bunch of it to the Libyan rebels. Another possibility is that we are seeing Russia lick their chops at the Arctic and someone is thinking "I might want a few more rounds just in case..."

Either way, it doesn't smell too good. Many of the scenarios in which you would see the reopening of an ammunition plant are for engagements or soon-to-be engagements. I just hope its someone at the Pentagon thinking they need to restock the shelves for the next SecDef.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Kind of an FYI...
I found the job listing for the Plant...

Position Summary
Duties include all areas of the melt pour operation from preparation of powder for melting to packaging of finished products.
Duties relative to melt pour include processing activities scheduled for the day, determining the phase of operation required,
setting the controls on the computer on first and second floor. Advises the supervisor immediately of any problems during
the melt pour process.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operates a computer intecont, a loss-in-weight feeder and thermocouple thermometer for melts using all kettles (5 Gal., 50
Gal., and 250 Gal. ).
Activates and monitors systems associated with Explosive Melt System for all types of explosives.
Insures there is explosives ready for each pour at the start of each day and at the end of each day for the next days pour..
Coordinates pre and post system checks and cleans up as required on all floors.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
6 Months experience in operating and monitoring of production equipment. Thids is a physical job that requires being on
your fgeet cotinuosly and moving and lifting heavy objects.

Company Description
Day and Zimmermann oprates the KS Army Ammunition Plant

Reference Code
Ext DZKS Explosive Op

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Rumors are a buzz with an impending Israeli attack on Iran. And if there is any connection to this plant reactivation, it would be curious because there is a lot of land between Israel and Iran. That would lead me to believe that NATO could be involved- as in, firing some of these new artillery munitions into Iran from Iraq. Just speculating.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
the supplie demand is high,meaning the use demand is high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join