It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breivik is right (the gorram hippies are killing us)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The readers emotions on this day of July 26, 2011 are probably screaming to shut me down and silence my opinion. But that's just it. This is nothing more than my opinion. The reader should be tolerant and open. That's the only way to prove him wrong.

In this screwed up world of emotionality he has proved that
    killing is better publicity than truth
    Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    the gorram hippies are killing us

Now, how does one attack what I have written above?

Plea on behalf of the children: based on what facts?
Shun and ridicule the writer: emotional tyrany
Advocate medication and care: whitewashed poisoning
Go on a mission of nastiness: admitting we are wrong
Call the police, fbi, swat, Dhs: appeal to authority

… and many others all equally predatory.

So what is the reader saying? That they approve of predatory behavior but only when it is done in support of a position that they themselves hold. That the peace and love approach for solving problems is nothing more than propaganda.

No. He is right. Western culture has become suicidal.

Just a week ago, a great number of people would have admitted that they find this new generation to be worse than useless. But now that he has acted people are backing off of that position and suddenly everyone is an advocate for the children. Well this raises the question of “who's children.” Your children? My children? Their children?

Or does the world believe in everyone's children, and if so why does anyone encourage abstinence.

No. Breivik is right in that we have been given too many feelings to support, too many positions to defend, and too many identities to embrace. So why stop now. Why not embrace one more Identity. Why not accept one more position. Why not support one more persons' feelings.

Oh … so the reader admits that there are rules. That there is a limit. That there is a line that one does not cross.

If that is true then . . .

Anyone who has done the following is as guilty as Breivik
    played call of duty
    started a business
    saved money
    learned chemistry
    become politically active

… or is the reader going to argue that killing is wrong, because if that is the case it is my duty to remind you that there are 9 other commandments and everyone is guilty of at least one. So where is the readers tolerance now. Or is it a case that the reader is not sure what to think, and will just wait on the media to tell them how to feel about the whole thing.

Breivik is right.
He's a butt wipe, but he is right.
Maybe if people were more tolerant of his position in the first place he wouldn't have snapped.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

There is no need to judge you. Your own self loathing is clear enough to anyone with a sound and balanced mind.

edit on 26-7-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

If that is true then . . .

Anyone who has done the following is as guilty as Breivik
    played call of duty
    started a business
    saved money
    learned chemistry
    become politically active

… or is the reader going to argue that killing is wrong, because if that is the case it is my duty to remind you that there are 9 other commandments and everyone is guilty of at least one. So where is the readers tolerance now. Or is it a case that the reader is not sure what to think, and will just wait on the media to tell them how to feel about the whole thing.

David Grouchy

Not to be nit picky, but i thought there were over 600 actual commandments (not sure why we get drip fed the 10 commandment thing)?

My view is that this a brave thread to start! (maybe good idea to invest in a protective tin hat )

Personally, im all for multiculturalism and anything that generally negates the view that we are all different and all 'special'

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, I would just attack Breivik and the "gorram hippies are killing us" theme by saying that the gorram hippies are the strongest hope for Western culture. Secular, atheistic, modern-progressive society is the bees knees and is what makes the West worth a whit!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wonder if you would still have this view had it been one of your family chased down and shot. If his actions made so much sense then they wouldn't need a 1500 page manifesto. So far removed from reality as to sit and plot such a cowardly act, then surrender at the first sign of the cops.... Real admirable qualities

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I would not silence such a brilliant indictment of the level of narrow back and white thinking that makes the us vs them so easy to justify. when you can see that the world is not black and white or us vs them it becomes we and then things will change for the better. We are ruining the world and it is pitiful excuses like the OP that are used to do it.
"So and so does this and I dare you to prove he doesn't" is a child's game not what an adult does to reach an amicable solution to a problem.
I have a cousin who used to try and gt attention by saying Hitler was a great genius for the vision of creating a healthy population via eugenics it was only his methods which were wrong. (ie :killing off the mud folks) The OP is along those veins. Completely ignoring nuance to create a intractable position.
Every madman knows a truth which drives their madness whether that truth is of their own mind or not to them it is the truth. Those who go looking for truth in madness are themselves suspect.
I say who is the producer? and care less for the motivation of the actor.The producer is the key the actor the tool. even one man shows like Ted Kazinsky are just narcissistic indulgences so the actor is irrelevant and it is the producer who needs looked for.
seed
seed

new topics

top topics

join