It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Again Giving It To Us Straight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hi, everyone!

I came across this interview with Gerald Celente from July 14th. I didn't see that it had been posted yet, so I thought I'd add it to the mix since it's discussing the debt ceiling and what's in the near future.

First, I'd like to say that I love Mr. Celente. He never pulls any punches and tells it like it is - unlike our fearless leaders. I found the interview to be very insightful and informative. It's always refreshing to hear the bare naked truth within Celente's words. I hope everyone enjoys listening to the interview and takes this information to heart.

He begins the interview with a nice clean timeline starting in 2008 to explain how things have gotten to where they are today. Of course the bailouts are discussed and this shouldn't surprise anyone.

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...
(Sorry that I can't embed. It's not a youtube video)

Best wishes, everyone!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I love it!
Accoring to Gerald Celente, The definition for the IMF is the "International Mafia Federation".

Gerald Celente for President!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

(Sorry that I can't embed. It's not a youtube video)

FYI: It is a youtube video (clicked the link at the top of the video). Then all you do is copy the part of the link after the "=" sign, click "VID:YOUTUBE" on the post page, and paste. Hope that helps...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In 2008 a Christian forum I frequented exploded with discussion of Celente's predictions. He said by the end of 2008 America would basically be a 3rd world country. He went into great detail of why and how it would happen, and what it would be like afterwards. I remember he said we'd have spotty electrical service with rolling blackouts being a daily event, that tens of thousands or more would be homeless and would turn to living in storage rental units, that there would be food and water shortages, etc. etc. People really and truly believed him, and they were scared. They were trying to figure out what to do- horde food, collect weapons, etc. Celente is and has always been a fearmonger. This is how he makes his money, he goes on the talk-show circuit and spreads his poison and people lap it up. But his predictions never come true, and his "prophecies" should be relegated to the dumpster where they belong.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

he makes good money with it

If you listen closely, he quickly changes the answer or subject and starts what he does best, be polular and come up with catchy names.
But he is right on one thing, after al the stimulus packages and devaluation of the dollar caused by QE1 and 2, to hear Bernanke say, he doesn't know where the economy is going is just bogus.
The devaluation is causing massive inflation and is eroding incomes and savings, thus less buyingpower equals less consumerism.. hence economy down the drain.
That is were it is going.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Funny thing is, is at the end of 2008 we did become a third world country, we just haven't realized it yet. They are fixing the titanic with paper mache, have no fear, we will all be safe... lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm glad everything is going well in your little bubble, now if you'd kindly step outside of it and take a good look around, you'd see that things actually are closer to what Celente has been forecasting.

You talk about rolling blackouts. Well, this summer has seen rolling brown outs with this horrendous heat index. Last winter we also saw rolling brown outs because of the extremely frigid temps the country was experiencing.

You also mention how he'd been saying that the US would be a third world country. I've been listening to Celente since 2007. I believe he has said that the US would be LIKE a third world country. Let's think about this for a moment. What is the unemployment rate lately? Say for instance that families didn't have access to food stamps or any other public assistance. How would they be feeding their children? How many people have lost their homes and had to move in with family and friends? How many people and families have found themselves homeless and they never imagined that they'd be where they are now? How many times have we heard about murder suicides in the past two years? How many fire and police forces have been reduced or cut in half? How many people cannot afford to see a doctor or get their meds? What about the situation surrounding social security and medicare lately?

In a third world country, crime is high, people are homeless and starving, there aren't any jobs, and decent, affordable medical care is hard to come by. If it weren't for food stamps and public assistance, you would see a country that more closely resembled a third world country. Don't get stuck with the image in your head that a third world country is defined by a little two year old kid who has bones sticking out of his skin sitting in the dirt with bugs on his face. There's more to it than that.

Allow me to apologize for being so blunt and harsh, but things aren't all rainbows and unicorns. Celente is not a fearmongerer. It's just that the truth isn't always cheery and painless. But, if you'd prefer, put your jammies on and I'll tell you a bedtime story.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Thanks for embedding the video for me and giving some instructions. I didn't even notice the YouTube link. Good eye!

I'm not that technologically savvy, but I figure this handicap will help me adjust more quickly to living in a third world country since tech and science aren't likely parts of this scenario.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I'm glad everything is going well in your little bubble, now if you'd kindly step outside of it and take a good look around, you'd see that things actually are closer to what Celente has been forecasting.

You talk about rolling blackouts. Well, this summer has seen rolling brown outs with this horrendous heat index. Last winter we also saw rolling brown outs because of the extremely frigid temps the country was experiencing.

You also mention how he'd been saying that the US would be a third world country. I've been listening to Celente since 2007. I believe he has said that the US would be LIKE a third world country. Let's think about this for a moment. What is the unemployment rate lately? Say for instance that families didn't have access to food stamps or any other public assistance. How would they be feeding their children? How many people have lost their homes and had to move in with family and friends? How many people and families have found themselves homeless and they never imagined that they'd be where they are now? How many times have we heard about murder suicides in the past two years? How many fire and police forces have been reduced or cut in half? How many people cannot afford to see a doctor or get their meds? What about the situation surrounding social security and medicare lately?

In a third world country, crime is high, people are homeless and starving, there aren't any jobs, and decent, affordable medical care is hard to come by. If it weren't for food stamps and public assistance, you would see a country that more closely resembled a third world country. Don't get stuck with the image in your head that a third world country is defined by a little two year old kid who has bones sticking out of his skin sitting in the dirt with bugs on his face. There's more to it than that.

Allow me to apologize for being so blunt and harsh, but things aren't all rainbows and unicorns. Celente is not a fearmongerer. It's just that the truth isn't always cheery and painless. But, if you'd prefer, put your jammies on and I'll tell you a bedtime story.

I agree with everything you said. I happen to be an REO agent( a Realtor who lits and markets foreclosures) and I can tell you the American Dream is a long forgotten ideal. btw how often do you even hear that anymore unless it's from a politician promising more rainbows and unicorns? I'm sorry but I can't imagine that some poor Oaxian at night in his shack dreams of coming to the USA and living in a 3 bedroom house with 34 other people. Or that an American middle class working stiff who had saved in a retirement plan and the investment of his home realizes at 50 - something he can NEVER stop working because it's all gone?
Look at the condition of our infrastructure. Name a road you can drive on without potholes, patches, or deteriorating to gravel. Look at our health care. Who can afford it? Every year prices on food, water, gas, housing go up and quality of life goes down. Seen any empty commercial buildings go vacant in your town? Betcha those businesses have been replaced by a thrift shop.
I remember as a young child my father made this prediction: " All this foreign aid? We aren't going to raise their standard of living. Instead, we are going to lower ours so that it seems foreign aid is successful". Cheers Dad.
edit on 26-7-2011 by missvicky because: to apologize for my rant.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I really appreciate your response and people most certainly do need to wake up. How can people remain so unphased by all the deterioration around them? Sometimes I wish I were still asleep, but there's no turning back now!

By the way, your father's a very wise man and thank you for sharing his words with us.

Best wishes to you and yours!
edit on 27-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
I agree with everything you said. I happen to be an REO agent( a Realtor who lits and markets foreclosures) and I can tell you the American Dream is a long forgotten ideal. btw how often do you even hear that anymore unless it's from a politician promising more rainbows and unicorns?

"It's Called the American Dream Because You Have To Be Asleep to Believe It" -- George Carlin

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Thanks for adding that quote.

I will always love George Carlin! He truly was awake and aware. Mr. Carlin was one of the most influential speakers of truth we've ever had and he's sorely missed.

I guess I'm allowed to derail my own thread for a second in honor of the great George Carlin, so here goes....

THE BIG CLUB

Forget the politicians, they’re irrelevant. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice – you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and payed for the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets, and they own all the big media, so they control just about all the information you get. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying – lobbying, to get what they want.

Well we know what they want. They want more for themselves, and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want – they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that – that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people that are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table, and think about how badly they’re getting screwed by a system that threw them overboard 30 #ing years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? Obedient workers – Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines, and do that paper work. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly #tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and vanishing pension that disappear the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your social security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it – they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this place. It’s a big club, and you aint in it. You, and I are not in The Big Club.

top topics

join