It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News on Belgian TV: Famous flying triangle picture is a fake confesses hoaxer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi
Well then, we'll just have to rely on of the other photos like the photo here: youtu.be... taken by Guy Massoy.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the same UFO in the Chattanooga, TN area in 1990... There were numerous reports of it the same evening.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkler8

That's the same photo, just rotated and has someone else's name on it.

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

This thread relates to the revelation/claim of a hoax in relation to the photo embedded below (i.e. the Petit Rechain photo):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e0bb3366d36.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrishJihad83
Just because this one picture is claimed to be a hoax doesn't take anything away from the Belgian Wave sightings which is still a very mysterious and unexplained occurrence.

Yes. "Mysterious", to say it mildly. Especially since this wave was seen for several days/weeks...including "authorities" and people who saw the craft accompanying them eg. while driving for rather long times...but ALL WE HAVE IS ONE SINGLE PICTURE which now as it seems is a hoax.

That local police saw the craft and didn't record it with photos etc. seems highly "mysterious" to me, all right.

I have the same problem with this wave as I have with the Phoenix triangle sightings since it won't into my head how "miles long" triangles can fly over a major city and all we have is "hearsay" about such a major event.

edit on 5/9/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I heard in a podcast interview with Leslie Kean that the Belgian picture was deem a hoax by the photographer over copyright ownership with another individual. It was the photographer's attempt to devalue the picture for future sales of usage. The photographer could not re-create the image again when he tried to prove it was hoax. Meaning the picture could still be legit.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you think one faked photograph changes anything to this case, you have no idea how big this case really is.

This guy has a great collection of info on the case:
ufologie.patrickgross.org...
Click “Belgium” in the left list.
Unfortunately his links to the videos of the craft are dead because of the wrong prefix, but below are the correct links.

The case involves more than 1000 sightings and about 500 sighting reports.
Several police officers saw the craft up close.

Part 2:

After a visual sighting on the ground confirmed by ground radar, two F16’s were sent after it and got a radar lock on an object that showed flight characteristics unlike any aircraft.

Several video recordings of the craft were made.
Here are the correct links:

So what difference does one fake photograph make ..?
edit on 9-5-2014 by Guest101 because: Added part 2 of the documentary

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I got a virus warning from that link.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've seen the footage of how the guy claims he faked it. Doesn't even look remotely close to the original photo. An epic fail on every level. It's filmed in day light, the lights he claimed he used aren't even close to the same size as the ones in the original photo.

As he faked it of course he has the original negative... oh hang on, seems he doesn't, how convenient that. Then, when he draws it and builds it, it's triangular, strange that, cos the photos quite clearly show a blunted off trapezoidal shaped object. So apart from not having the negatives and not actually knowing what shape the fake was he's totally believable.

The photos could well be fakes, this bloke didn't make them though.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Could it have been faked? Sure anything is possible to be faked.

I was lucky enough to obtain 3 seconds of good video of one that is identical to the Petite-Rechain claimed faked photo. It does not matter if this one was faked or not these black triangles are real.

Thanks to Mr. Puckett for hosting it:

Savannah, Ga Triangle

You can debunk it at will as I know the truth, and it is most assuredly real.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pdawg67

definitely interesting, but sadly the absence of any other features in the video makes it impossible to determine size etc. of this thing... I cannot even determine whether it's really an object/craft in the sky or maybe a model hung up on a tree or something.

That being said, now simply concluding from the shaking of the object ...I GUESS it's indeed an object relatively far away since the shaking would be about what I'd expect with a large zoom level, eg. filming an object like a plane. But of course it could also be a RC model, etc. hard to say.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Thanks NRA. I concur with your observations. I will vouch that it's not a model hung up in a tree though. Too bad the camera is not as good as my eye was as I could make out the craft body with my naked eye. I saw a lot of strange craft over a two month period. This brief video is important to me as it proved to me that when I see strange things. A camera sees them too. I will say it was not at an extremely high altitude nor was it very low either. I live very near Hunter Army Airfield which typically has a lot of air traffic. To fly models in this airspace would get one in trouble with the Feds very quickly. Also, Hunter has a long history of attracting observation by these unidentified things.

The last few seconds of that brief video had the object get occluded by a pine tree whereupon I ran around trying to acquire it between the trees. I could make out the craft's dark body with my naked eye. Yes, there was a lot of zoom used. I really don't think it was a model though as this is very crowded airspace, and it was at altitude. Which there is no way to determine.

s103.photobucket.com...

Here are a few extra stills I grabbed from the video. One shows the object in reference to Sirius which is in the lower left after it had moved way South of me. The object is the classic ill defined dot in the upper right. Hardly any zoom used in that frame grab. I think that shot should address your concern it was something hung up in a tree, hopefully.

The other is one frame of the back end where camera shake was not awful due to the massive zoom. The red light on/off ones were grabbed from that 3 second video. For some reason, I cannot get the ATS image insert to work with my setup so I used my Photobucket.

edit on 11-5-2014 by pdawg67 because: added text

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join