It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breiviks defense lawyer says Breivik is insane.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi,

I am in Denmark/Sweden switches all the time so I am following the news with Anders Breivik as well.

Latest news I found interesting is that his own defense lawyer says that Breivik is totally insane.

The whole case is showing that he is insane, says the lawyer, he thinks he is in a war and when you are in a war you can do things like Breivik has done.

Breivik things and says than in 60 years everybody will understand why he did what he did.

One of Breiviks class mates says that he is not insane at all.

He might think that is a Templar Knight on steroids but he is not insane. Personally I think that sounds a little like he is insane.

Breiviks lawyer Geir Lippestad says that he has had multiple meetings with Breivik and that Breivik is surprised as well over how far he actually got. He thought he would be stopped before getting to Utøya.

Breivik is show a lot of hate against everyone believing in the ordinary political system He hates all western ideas and all there believe in democracy and people not extremist his defense lawyer says.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...:forsvarer-breivik-er-sindssyg.html

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

I mean wouldn't it work in favour if his lawyers said he was insane? That is the point. Pleading insanity....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yup hes insane....for wanting a better country for his future generations to live in.

I love the spin.....brilliant haha

EDIT: Just to add i do not condone what this man did, but i can understand his frustration.
edit on 26-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This guy isn't insane, he is mean, vicious and been planning this in detail.

He sits for years, on the internet, putting forward what his ideas are. Putting up a manifest, having his picture taken in a "Monark" like Uniform, and then performs a horrifying atrocity. He knows pretty well, that Norway, and the other Nordic countries, will hate everything he stands for ... and that is his agenda.

He just "killed" the Nordic countries ... literally.

edit on 26-7-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

With normal prison the guy will only get like 21 years MAX. If he gets in under the insanity law he can get infinit time. So no I dont think it is better for him to plea insane.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Look's like he's going for a "not guilty by reason of insanity".
Which will be hard too prove, because he has clearly been planning this attack for some time.
Which suggest's that he is not some deranged lunatic, who just decided to go on a random killing spree.
But a cold calculating killer who purposely chose his victims.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

With normal prison the guy will only get like 21 years MAX. If he gets in under the insanity law he can get infinit time. So no I dont think it is better for him to plea insane.

Thanks,

This guy planned to live in a living hell afterwards, knowing.

No, he has to play the role of the "Nazi rightwing nordic person", dressed in a "make-believe-uniform" to look like a king. People will hate his image, hate the uniform, hate his ideology ... and they MUST consider everything this stands for is "insane".

Nordic people, already not being "strictly" Christian ... will rather embrace Islam, than any ideology this guy puts forward. He just unified the nordic countries, in a "hate-agenda" against everything remotely nordic.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hello,
Also do remember Norway do have a somewhat different correctional system :
www.kriminalomsorgen.no...
www.iltasanomat.fi...
(Run thru appropriate translators,you do get the picture)
This individual planned everything in great detail,so there is reason to believe he also did run different scenarios
of him being captured/killed,and planned his actions accordingly.
-S-

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Does anyone here have any real knowledge about an insanity plea in Norway? Is it the same as it is in the states?

We shouldn't assume that an insanity plea will have one result or another as I don't think anyone here is an expert in Norway law.

Insanity is hard to define. I don't think someone who can weigh the consequences of their actions can be labeled insane. Just because someone does something that you cannot comprehend doesn't mean they are crazy.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Thanks,

This guy planned to live in a living hell afterwards, knowing.

No, he has to play the role of the "Nazi rightwing nordic person", dressed in a "make-believe-uniform" to look like a king. People will hate his image, hate the uniform, hate his ideology ... and they MUST consider everything this stands for is "insane".

Nordic people, already not being Christian ... will rather embrace Islam, than any ideology this guys puts forward. He just unified the nordic countries, in a "hate-agenda" against everything remotely nordic.

I dont hope that is true. I would be very very upset if the general public will start to hate everything we value here in the north - Even that our politicians have #ed it all up pretty good the last 10-15 years.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saablar
Hello,
Also do remember Norway do have a somewhat different correctional system :
www.kriminalomsorgen.no...
www.iltasanomat.fi...
(Run thru appropriate translators,you do get the picture)
This individual planned everything in great detail,so there is reason to believe he also did run different scenarios
of him being captured/killed,and planned his actions accordingly.
-S-

Absolutely, he planned this for years. And spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this.

He wants people to hate what he is, and what he stands for.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hello,I would say his insanity plea goes according to his strategy.
-S-

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I mean i doubt they will settle for a mere 21 years for what he has done.

So maybe pleading insane will double his sentence as you say, and that is probably exactly what they want.

I think they might even change the sentence for terrorism after what he has done.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

So maybe pleading insane will double his sentence as you say, and that is probably exactly what they want.

I think they might even change the sentence for terrorism after what he has done.

The government are trying to get him on "Crimes against Humanity"

This will never happen though as clearly this wasnt a crime against humanity, at the very most i think they could try for Treason...but that will be as hard to stick as CAH.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I dont hope that is true. I would be very very upset if the general public will start to hate everything we value here in the north - Even that our politicians have #ed it all up pretty good the last 10-15 years.

Thanks,

Think about it. Already now, you have the papers full of his ideology. In sweden, any "humor" about the rightwing is being cancelled. His ideology being put up on posters, and people lining up to deny everything that has anything to do with "nationalism". His picture, with him in a "king-look-alike" picture, being put up ... side-by-side with an image of destruction.

In countries, where foreigners traditionally pleach their hair blonde, to "blend in". What do you think his "manifest" about coloring his hair, is about.

This guy, wants the Nordic tradition dead ... the ideals of "monarchy", and the "blonde" ideology ... dead. And he has done a good job, in putting the Nordic countries on the road towards multi-culturalism.

He puts the word "traitor" on his uniform ... he just did a "hitler" on Norway. And I don't think for one minute, that this guy didn't realize that his actions would have this consequence.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

The government are trying to get him on "Crimes against Humanity"

This will never happen though as clearly this wasnt a crime against humanity, at the very most i think they could try for Treason...but that will be as hard to stick as CAH.

The government, news papers, and the public. Will all dance to his pipe ... they'll abandon all their ideology of freedom, justice and "no death sentence". They'll hate, just to hate ... they'll hate everything that is right wing, and nationalistic. And they'll change the country ...

He already won ...

If I were a cop, I'd put everyone who swam away from that island on 3rd degree ... I would not, for one instance, consider this guy having done it all, by himself.

He is the "image", and the blood sacrifice ... the "idol" for people to replenish themselves with hatred.

Pretty basic psy-op.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Check this out for Norway:

There is no sentence of life imprisonment in Norwegian law. There is however an indeterminate penalty that could in principle result in life imprisonment, but there are no examples of such after the latest correctional law passed in 2002. There are basically two types of maximum penalty laws:

The maximum determinate penalty is 21 years imprisonment, but only a small percentage of prisoners serve more than 14 years. Prisoners will typically get unsupervised parole for weekends etc. after serving ⅓ of their sentence (a maximum of 7 years) and can receive early release after serving ⅔ of their sentence (a maximum of 14 years). In 2008, to fulfill its requirements under the Rome Statute, Norway created a new maximal penalty of 30 years for crimes against humanity.[1]
The maximum indeterminate penalty, called "containment" (Norwegian: forvaring), is also set at 21 years imprisonment, and the prisoner is required to serve at least 10 years before becoming eligible for parole. "Containment" is used when the prisoner is deemed a danger to society and there is a great chance of committing violent crimes in the future. If the prisoner is still considered dangerous after serving the original sentence, the prisoner can receive up to five years additional containment. If the additional time is served, and the offender is still considered dangerous, a prisoner can continue to receive up to five years additional containment, and this, in theory, could result in actual life imprisonment.[2] However, the offender can be paroled or released at any time if it is determined that the offender is no longer a danger to society.

Thank,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Yup hes insane....for wanting a better country for his future generations to live in.

Yup, he certainly did a GOOD job making Norway a better country!

By the way...taken your meds today? Please do!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thanks for that.

Also,do you think it is possible that they could charge him, as a terrorist , and then again, for each youth as murder?

Or does it apply as maximum for any crime 30 years?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

In our countries it is a maximum sentence. - Really never used but once has to be the first.

Thanks,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join